Federico Peluso - LB - Atalanta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Last year was last year. Stop looking at the past. Look ahead, and move along. We have the added pressure of the CL (both physically and psychologically straining), the small matter of defending our title (we are no longer a surprise team or unknown entity), and the absence of Conte ont he sidelines (it's a significant loss, and an element/factor that might affect us).

Yes, we have strengthened the squad, but our two glaring weaknesses still prevail: No quality star striker, and a very limited selection at LB/LWB.
I'm sorry but I just can't be fucked with replying to your posts any more. I think it's best if we don't communicate until silly season is over because you make me want to take a bite out of my desk.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You think Peluso would ruin a mercato of current + Llorente?

baggio pls
Dude it's not an understatement to say the market wouldn't be ruined. Its been an above average market, a good one in fact. If I had to rate it, I'd say it's 7, and would perhaps end at 8 if we signed Llorente and Peluso who is an absolute rubbish signing. To think that we went from RVP and Kolarov/Armero/Adriano to Llorente and Peluso would be a tad bit underwhelming for me anyway. I hope Llorente fits in well and takes giant leaps in his career with us and turns out to be what we needed, but he is not the top player we were promised. He doesn't have that profile. As fans and a club we have come to accept that and find reasons to accept every signing we make. Peluso is not going to solve our problems, and we are going to be back in the market next year to waste a bit more money. We could've had the abovementioned players, and especially the LB/LwB which has been an absolute NECESSITY since Marrotta's first day on the job. I'm not saying fuck Marrotta. But when people think that Asamoah will fill the lwb and we dont need another quality signing there are solely mistaken. He was brought in to rotate with Marchisio/Vidal. Using him out wide would kill our depth.

Having said this, I'd be very content with the CF issue being addressed even if its not the profile of player we had in mind, but I was hoping we could offset this with a slightly better signing in an equally important position, given our system.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm sorry but I just can't be fucked with replying to your posts any more. I think it's best if we don't communicate until silly season is over because you make me want to take a bite out of my desk.
I think it's for the best. You appreciate mediocrity like Pazzini, Borriello, and Peluso while I like my team to have quality and be able to compete with the best. I'd rather we buy some young talent that has a chance to surprise than an average douche who we know exactly what to expect from, absolutely nothing.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
We are Juventus, every WC player that exist on this planet should play for us, because we are JUVEEEEEEE!!!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, that is exactly what I'm suggesting :andyandbarcelona: :rolleyes:

However, LB/LWB is a position that needs strengthening. We don't have solid, reliable options. Asamoah is not a natural in that position, and he should be used primarily in rotation for the CM spot, and DC is not reliable mainly due to his progress consistently being hampered by injuries. As it stand, this fucking piece of shit might end up more games than we actually bargained for, should we go ahead with this meaningless, time wasting, and money draining transfer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Dude it's not an understatement to say the market wouldn't be ruined.
Just to be clear, as you are confusing, I am saying the mercato clearly wouldn't be ruined in this scenario. Signing one unnecessary player would simply not ruin a very good mercato, which is why I said Nick's post is an understatement. Ruin is far too strong a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)