Federico Gatti (15 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’m not a big Bonucci fan but fucking Gatti better than Prime Bonucci :rofl:
did anyone actually say that? The closest to that that I saw was someone saying they feel more comfortable with gatti than prime Bonucci. When was Bonucci ever a source of comfort though? Even Chiellini brought some discomfort with his nervous/aggressive play. Same with Gatti. The only relatively recent CB we've had that I felt totally comfortable with was Barzagli, cuz I knew he was never gonna do any dumb shit. Maybe Benatia too, I hated when Bonucci replaced him. But that was only one season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
did anyone actually say that? The closest to that that I saw was someone saying they feel more comfortable with gatti than prime Bonucci. When was Bonucci ever a source of comfort though? Even Chiellini brought some discomfort with his nervous/aggressive play. Same with Gatti. The only relatively recent CB we've had that I felt totally comfortable with was Barzagli, cuz I knew he was never gonna do any dumb shit. Maybe Benatia too, I hated when Bonucci replaced him. But that was only one season.
I would have agreed 100% if not for that penalty he gave to Real when we beat them 1:3 in Madrid :(

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Comparing prime Bonucci to Gatti :rofl:
whats funny about this is Guido Angelozzi, who signed Gatti at Frosinone, compared his ability on the ball to Bonucci. It's funny because he was Bari's sports director while Bonucci was still there.

His full quote on Gatti:
“We bought him for 150 thousand euros and from the start of the season I said that he is a guy to follow, he is a defender who will play for ten years in Serie A and will also go to the national team for a long time.”

“In Italy, there are few such strong central players. Gatti is a Giorgio Chiellini with Leonardo Bonucci’s feet. He also scores goals. Whoever signs him will get a great deal because there aren’t any strong young players like him. He can be good for Milan, Roma, Juventus, Inter, and Napoli. He is a player of great versatility, technique, personality, he lacks one thing: the minutes.”

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
love it

it's like gazzetta on a new random milan signing: messi's dribbling with pirlo's vision and maldini's defensive skills
obviously its hyperbole, but I think people are limiting his ceiling. The fact he ended up at Juve within five years of becoming a defender is a crazy progression.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Let's not jinx him, please.

I am probably top 3 of Bonucci haters in this forum (to the extent that considered stopping watching us play when he became captain) but Gatti with 2 good games has a long way to reach the levels of prime Bonucci, saying that he can't be much worse than Bonucci in 70% of his career with us.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Let's not jinx him, please.

I am probably top 3 of Bonucci haters in this forum (to the extent that considered stopping watching us play when he became captain) but Gatti with 2 good games has a long way to reach the levels of prime Bonucci, saying that he can't be much worse than Bonucci in 70% of his career with us.
I'm a proud memebr of the top 3.

Jul 1, 2010
Better than Bonucci?

Let's see if he can be consisently solid for more than a few games before saying something of the sort. He hasn't come close to tying Bonucci's shoes thus far.

Bonucci always had his defensive flaws but he was for a long time a top player for us. Yes, Barzagli and Chiellini often covered him but let's not forgot how good he was for Italy at Euro 2020 for example, without Barzagli and with an old Chiellini. He also contributed with his passing range, which is not something Gatti has.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Gatti has far better defensive awareness bonucci has ever had and Gatti will only improve with time, bonucci has been carried by chiellini and barzagli for years. Bonucci today can't do anything we'll, even his so called ball at the feet he's shit now. And no this is not based on the past 2 games I've always stood up for Gatti

Cant find the original post (undoubtedly you deleted it after a decade and half of being trolled for it).

But the above cringe nonsense post is almost the level of that hallmark peak badass mental midgetry.

https://www.juventuz.com/threads/of...8-qualifier-thread.20898/page-77#post-1494547

Almost 2 decades and it still astounds me how clueless kneejerk tard you remain to be. No getting wiser with age whatsoever.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Cant find the original post (undoubtedly you deleted it after a decade and half of being trolled for it).

But the above cringe nonsense post is almost the level of that hallmark peak badass mental midgetry.

https://www.juventuz.com/threads/of...8-qualifier-thread.20898/page-77#post-1494547

Almost 2 decades and it still astounds me how clueless kneejerk tard you remain to be. No getting wiser with age whatsoever.
I wonder if there is a post saying Giovinco is a bigger talent than Messi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)