Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Italy squad
Goalkeepers: Amelia (Livorno), Buffon (Juventus), Curci (Roma);
Defenders: Barzagli (Palermo), Bonera (Milan), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Grosso (Lyon), Oddo (Milan), Panucci (Roma), Zambrotta (Barcelona);
Midfielders: Ambrosini (Milan), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan);
Forwards: Di Natale (Udinese), Gilardino (Milan), Iaquinta (Juventus), Lucarelli (Shakhtar Donetsk), Palladino (Juventus), Quagliarella (Udinese), Toni (Bayern Munich).
We'll probably see this:

-------------------Buffon---------------------
Zambrotta-------------Barzagli-----------Cannavaro-----------Grosso/Chiellini
---------------De Rossi---------Pirlo------------Gattuso-----------------------
---Iaquinta----------------Toni---------------Di Natale-------------

or else

----------------Buffon--------------------------
Oddo-------------Barzagli------------Canna------------Zambrotta
---------------------Gattuso----------Pirlo----------------
Camoranesi------------------------------------------------Di Natale
---------------------Toni--------------Gilardino-------------

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
I'd start:

------------------buffon----------------------

---oddo-----canna----chiellni----grosso---

----------gattuso---------de rossi-----------
--------------------pirlo-----------------------

---cammo------------------------di natale---

-------------------Toni-----------------------

I doubt zambo will be 100%......

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
funny how i never said paro was better than fabregas, just that paro of late has been doing well and i dont rate fabregas as highly as most (which is my own opinion) nobody has to rate any player. gotta love how u retarded people like to put 2 and 2 and create bullshit and accuse others.

Sep 19, 2006
I'd start:

------------------buffon----------------------

---oddo-----canna----chiellni----grosso---

----------gattuso---------de rossi-----------
--------------------pirlo-----------------------

---cammo------------------------di natale---

-------------------Toni-----------------------

I doubt zambo will be 100%......
replace Chiellini with Barzaglie,Grosso with Zambo(he just played the last Barca match & got sent off) & u will get my :tup: !!!
But this exactly how I want the midfield & attack to be & I wouldnt mind Perotta replacing De rossi.

Forza Azzurri

Sep 19, 2006
funny how i never said paro was better than fabregas, just that paro of late has been doing well and i dont rate fabregas as highly as most (which is my own opinion) nobody has to rate any player. gotta love how u retarded people like to put 2 and 2 and create bullshit and accuse others.
So u dont rate Fabregas also as a Wclass player:wallbang:!
Just like Kolo Toure,he is not Juve material :wallbang: right???

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Heres the Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers
Craig Gordon (Sunderland) Excellent
David Marshall (Norwich City) Dodgy
Allan McGregor (Rangers) Dodgy

Defenders
Graham Alexander (Burnley) Shite and past it
Gary Caldwell (Celtic) dodgy
Christian Dailly (West Ham United) past it
Alan Hutton (Rangers) fast, strong, postionally horrible
Jay McEveley (Derby County) pish
Stephen McManus (Celtic) decent
Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United) shite
David Weir (Rangers) old and incredibly slow

Midfield
Scott Brown (Celtic) very good
Barry Ferguson (Rangers) OK
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United) good
Paul Hartley (Celtic) ok
Lee McCulloch (Rangers) big, strong, no football ability
Stephen Pearson (Derby County) see above
Barry Robson (Dundee United) ok, but hot headed
Gary Teale (Derby County) shite

Forwards
Craig Beattie (West Bromwich Albion) Fast, shite
Kris Boyd (Rangers) good finisher, nothing else
James McFadden (Everton) good
Shaun Maloney (Aston Villa) ok, lightweight
Kenny Miller (Derby County) fast, shite
Garry O’Connor (Birmingham City) strong, nothing else.

How could Italy possibly not beat this team? :D
This may be true but Donadoni just called up Palladino for the first time. This may please a lot of Juventus fans but its 1 of the most idiotic things I have seen.

Palladino is not a boy-wonder, he is not a precocious talent, he is a good player and this is not a friendly.

This is a decision that could cost Italy millions in Euro. Hampden Park is not the place for the faint hearted and the inexperienced. Funny how he did not get a call up for south africa but he gets for this game.

Personally I would have gone for experience and in a game like this there is not a chance in hell that Dp, Inzaghi and even Vieri would not have made this trip.

Quagliarella? He has been absolute crap this season and he does not have the experience. Would you really trust Lucarelli and most of all Gilardino if the chips are down?

Iaquinta will hustle and bustle in serieA but on international level he is still wanting.

If I was a Scot, I would not be at all worried about this squad in the very least.

Alex Mcleish would be frustrated though as he had his wish and got some of his key players to rest before this game with celtic and rangers not playing at all this weekend but by sheer quirk of faith, his opponents have their players resting under different circumstances as Roma and Milan did not play.

3 pretty average managers in this campaign in Raymond Domenech, Roberto Donadoni and Steve McLaren, they all might still qualify but their tactics and general decisions leave a lot to be desired.

Seeing this call ups, it won't not surprise me to find Italy not qualifying as they are gonna be in for a torrid time.

You may think Kenny Miller is shite but he would frighten the hell out of Cannavaro and Barzagli while McFadden has to be watched

Sep 19, 2006
This may be true but Donadoni just called up Palladino for the first time. This may please a lot of Juventus fans but its 1 of the most idiotic things I have seen.

Palladino is not a boy-wonder, he is not a precocious talent, he is a good player and this is not a friendly.

This is a decision that could cost Italy millions in Euro. Hampden Park is not the place for the faint hearted and the inexperienced. Funny how he did not get a call up for south africa but he gets for this game.

Personally I would have gone for experience and in a game like this there is not a chance in hell that Dp, Inzaghi and even Vieri would not have made this trip.

Quagliarella? He has been absolute crap this season and he does not have the experience. Would you really trust Lucarelli and most of all Gilardino if the chips are down?

Iaquinta will hustle and bustle in serieA but on international level he is still wanting.

If I was a Scot, I would not be at all worried about this squad in the very least.

Alex Mcleish would be frustrated though as he had his wish and got some of his key players to rest before this game with celtic and rangers not playing at all this weekend but by sheer quirk of faith, his opponents have their players resting under different circumstances as Roma and Milan did not play.

3 pretty average managers in this campaign in Raymond Domenech, Roberto Donadoni and Steve McLaren, they all might still qualify but their tactics and general decisions leave a lot to be desired.

Seeing this call ups, it won't not surprise me to find Italy not qualifying as they are gonna be in for a torrid time.

You may think Kenny Miller is shite but he would frighten the hell out of Cannavaro and Barzagli while McFadden has to be watched
Agreed on Palladino,quagliarella & Lucarelli.
Palladino is a good talented player but how the fuck is he called for the most crucial match for Italy this season,as much as i like the guy but that was pure crap by Donadoni.
But I dont think he will take any part in the match.

I dont think that Dp should have been called up,when u r not intending to play a player like Del Piero in the match,it is better not to call him from the beginning.
He is in his worst form from years,he is amaizingly slow these days,not only speed talking but he is slow in doing everything,even thinking.

Iaquinta is a must in this game,against Scotland Italy needs his pace & spirit,& I am still between him & Di Natale to partner Toni upfront.

I think it will be a tough match for both teams,Italy have a slight advantage that they can draw & still qualify but on the other hand,scotland have the advantage of their amaizing crowd.

Pirlo to step up & assure Italy qualification.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
---------------Buffon

Oddo--Barzagli--Canna--Zambro

----Gattuso---Pirlo---de Rossi

Camo---------Toni--------di Natale

This gives us the best chance I feel, with the options of Iaquinta, Gila, Perrotta & Grosso from the bench. Pirlo needs to run the show & Toni needs to show the class he did early season for Bayern.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

You're right. It is not a particularly intimidting Italy squad, except in CM where it is still pretty awesome.

Donadoni was/is very foolish and should certainly have packed the side with as much experience as possible.

As for Miler, Italy may be worried about his pace but that is all he has. His control and finishing are sadly laking.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So u dont rate Fabregas also as a Wclass player:wallbang:!
Just like Kolo Toure,he is not Juve material :wallbang: right???
and neither do i rate mohammed zidan as one of the best strikers in the world as u make him out to be

Toure imo is more suited for the spanish league than the italian

like ive said before the term 'world class' is vague now does having a couple of good seasons justify a player to being world class? we might aswell rate quaglirella as a world class striker cause he had a good season last year, or darren bent cause he was last season's top english goalscorer, i guess that makes him world class too? no.

p.s read again i said i dont rate fabregas as highly as most, that doesnt mean i dont rate him at all, but you're retarded i forgive u

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You're right. It is not a particularly intimidting Italy squad, except in CM where it is still pretty awesome.

Donadoni was/is very foolish and should certainly have packed the side with as much experience as possible.

As for Miler, Italy may be worried about his pace but that is all he has. His control and finishing are sadly laking.
I don't know I have always fet he has done very well for Scotland

At club level he is garbage but the 1 thing Scotland always do is raise their game against the big boys and for Donadoni to come there with this kind of squad is asking for trouble.

He may get stick but I would always trust Pippo Inzaghi, he has scored in big intimidating stadia and far more useful than Gilardino, who has proved time and time again how ineffective he can be in big games especially against defenders that are strong and physical.

On the plus side though there are Buffon, Perrotta, Pirlo, Gatusso, Zambrotta, Di natale and Toni.

Dp is not in good form but he has experience and the Scotland back line is not brimming with pace so it should not bother him that much.

If you remember how Juventus were frightened for 30 minutes at Anfield and went down 2-0 early then this is just as bad.

Italy though regardless of who is in charge do not tend to get beaten in a one-off game like this so Scotland have their work cut out

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't know I have always fet he has done very well for Scotland

At club level he is garbage but the 1 thing Scotland always do is raise their game against the big boys and for Donadoni to come there with this kind of squad is asking for trouble.

He may get stick but I would always trust Pippo Inzaghi, he has scored in big intimidating stadia and far more useful than Gilardino, who has proved time and time again how ineffective he can be in big games especially against defenders that are strong and physical.

On the plus side though there are Buffon, Perrotta, Pirlo, Gatusso, Zambrotta, Di natale and Toni.

Dp is not in good form but he has experience and the Scotland back line is not brimming with pace so it should not bother him that much.

If you remember how Juventus were frightened for 30 minutes at Anfield and went down 2-0 early then this is just as bad.

Italy though regardless of who is in charge do not tend to get beaten in a one-off game like this so Scotland have their work cut out

I would have had DP and Inzaghi in the squad.

Juventus couldn't cope with Liverpool's pace and the tempo they played at. Scotland don't have much pace in their side and although we may try, we struggle to maintain a high tempo.

I will being going to Glasgow in hope rather than expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)