Federico Gatti (4 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
20240205040550_2181.gif

Putting the own goal aside, Dimarco is totally unmarked in the gif. Who is more to blame, Gatti or Cambiaso? Or that it's nobody's fault but a pinpoint pass from Pavard.
For me it is on Gatti. He is marking Di Marco in the entire build up. In a perfect world Cambiaso drops back and he shifts into the middle but there was nowhere near enough time to do that. You can't just shout at a teammate to pick someone up and run away when they are 5 yards away and the opposition player is already in the box.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
For me it is on Gatti. He is marking Di Marco in the entire build up. In a perfect world Cambiaso drops back and he shifts into the middle but there was nowhere near enough time to do that. You can't just shout at a teammate to pick someone up and run away when they are 5 yards away and the opposition player is already in the box.
rugani would never make a mistake like that. he might still be beaten by di marco, but wouldn't leave the player like that

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
This is gatti's 2nd season in serie A. You read it right, 2nd. Of course he will make mistakes and also he is just 25 years old. Being rought on him is just not fair. He is clumsy time to time but he is giving everything, every match. His time will come.

Aug 2, 2005
This is gatti's 2nd season in serie A. You read it right, 2nd. Of course he will make mistakes and also he is just 25 years old. Being rought on him is just not fair. He is clumsy time to time but he is giving everything, every match. His time will come.
For me, he is excused for 2 more seasons.. from brick laying to Juventus...

Chiellini was so frustrating in his first years.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
agreed with the gents above for the same reasons. gatti might be 25 but he lacks first division experience

i also don't blame him for the own goal. rugani would have been a better choice though, but that's not on gatti

Aug 2, 2005
agreed with the gents above for the same reasons. gatti might be 25 but he lacks first division experience

i also don't blame him for the own goal. rugani would have been a better choice though, but that's not on gatti
Are we seriously blaming him for the goal? LoL

The goal mistake is on Loca70%/Danilo30% for leaving Pavard enter the box, yards unmarked

Gatti role in this attempt was to cover the beast in Thuram
And he did to the best possible..
The deflection was out of his control...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
32 year old Danilo ball-watching on the goal and atleast 2 other big chances. I trust Gatti more (in a 3-CB defence); made multiple good interceptions and blocks, continuously improving and got good goal-scoring sense.
Have doubts about Gatti being a fouri-classe though. Hoping Djalo or Facundo G or Huijsen can step up for a future 2 man CB defence.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
32 year old Danilo ball-watching on the goal and atleast 2 other big chances. I trust Gatti more (in a 3-CB defence); made multiple good interceptions and blocks, continuously improving and got good goal-scoring sense.
Have doubts about Gatti being a fouri-classe though. Hoping Djalo or Facundo G or Huijsen can step up for a future 2 man CB defence.
What’s wrong with this post is the limited scope. As I’ve mentioned previously, the fact is that Gatti would not be a Juventus player in any era. Unfortunately, he does qualify to be a Jj player.

While Danilo has proven himself time and time again since he’s joined. I don’t like that he’s made captain but that’s not what we’re talking about here.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
While Danilo has proven himself time and time again since he’s joined. I don’t like that he’s made captain but that’s not what we’re talking about here.
Disagree. There were a few time he surprised me with his grinta. So same as what you think about Gatti

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
What’s wrong with this post is the limited scope. As I’ve mentioned previously, the fact is that Gatti would not be a Juventus player in any era. Unfortunately, he does qualify to be a Jj player.

in bbc + benatia era if someone suggested signing gatti they would be ridiculed till end of time. ignore the goals he scored because his defending is boumsong level.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
For a guy of his size he needs to do far better when defending. It was a fairly simple header for him to win in the cross for their goal. He also had a really poor header right before he got his yellow. Neither were difficult but he seemed to back away from them.

Gives away so many stupid free-kicks too.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I don't know anymore...he has potential to improve but in this circus i don't see him improving. Bonucci wasn't good when he first joined, he made mistakes all the time but at least he was playing under a manager who brought us so much and he was able to grow in the team. This ain't happening woth gatti unless massive changes happen.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't know anymore...he has potential to improve but in this circus i don't see him improving. Bonucci wasn't good when he first joined, he made mistakes all the time but at least he was playing under a manager who brought us so much and he was able to grow in the team. This ain't happening woth gatti unless massive changes happen.
Bonucci had Buffon behind him, Chiellini to his left and Barzagli to his right. I'd defend well in that set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)