Federico Chiesa (6 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
he’s got twice as many assists as Cuadrado, all while playing heavy minutes on the left side, on a club he just joined. How’s that not a reason?
He should play higher up (and has a different role anyway, with Danilo covering his ass, so stats of course better here), not replacing one of the most reliable players we have so far. Not to mention his defensive game isn't on par with Cuads...but but twice the assists, yeah, got me there. Watch the games and how much goes through Cuads and you want to replace him.

Probably because he's youger. That age fetish of yours.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
he’s got twice as many assists as Cuadrado, all while playing heavy minutes on the left side, on a club he just joined. How’s that not a reason?
Don’t look to much to those numbers. Cuadrado brings a lot of balance to the team, he understand that role a lot better.

I agree that Chiesa would probably be better on the right side of the pitch, but for now Cuadrado remains first choice for me. We’re still facing a period where we have to win everything after a bad start. Eventually Chiesa will get his minutes on that side, maybe when Sandro is back and in good shape.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Don’t look to much to those numbers. Cuadrado brings a lot of balance to the team, he understand that role a lot better.

I agree that Chiesa would probably be better on the right side of the pitch, but for now Cuadrado remains first choice for me. We’re still facing a period where we have to win everything after a bad start. Eventually Chiesa will get his minutes on that side, maybe when Sandro is back and in good shape.
yeah, my response was to a response about a lineup with Sandro in it. Once he’s back pirlo can get more aggressive with his midfielders, and chiesa is better going forward than Cuadrado, especially on his natural side. its pretty clear they’re overloading the right side right now (ie playing thru Cuadrado) to put Chiesa in one on one situations on the left. Itd be tough to play through him on the left rn since it’s not on his natural foot side and he’d struggle with crosses.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Why not both? Chiesa as right winger fully commited to attack, and cuadrado covering him

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
More assists than the guy who the ball goes through. Thanks for making the point for me.
Lmao

Maybe because one plays RB/RWB while the other is at LW/LM? Are you even capable of comprehending the difference or do you need someone to paint it out for you? Imagine comparing the two when one plays primarily on the right side as a defender while the other is playing as an atacking winger on the left atm.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Why not both? Chiesa as right winger fully commited to attack, and cuadrado covering him
Because they both need space, e.g. Cuads play behind CR, cause CR always cuts inside, leaving Cuads one on one with defender. Both Cuads and Chiesa prefer to go wide, that’s not stackable.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Because they both need space, e.g. Cuads play behind CR, cause CR always cuts inside, leaving Cuads one on one with defender. Both Cuads and Chiesa prefer to go wide, that’s not stackable.
i feel it would be a bit similar to what we had with Cancelo and Cuadrado playing simultaneously on that right side(altough we didn’t see it much as Cuads was injured for large chunks that season) so yeah, not very plausible as they’d both need space to roam around but that also still makes more sense to me as an option rather then benching Cuadrado and having Chiesa start as an RB/RWB with as many defensive tasks as on the offensive.... which he is largely unproven at, at least so far.

i think the only way Chiesa would work there and not look lost would be as an RM/RW if Danillo takes the RB or makeshift RCB role again and covers defensively just as he’s been doing on the left so far, but then again we would lose all the benefits that Cuadrado brings on the right while also losing the pace provided by Chiesa on the left, so again, all in all i feel this debate is pointless as i think the only way Cuads will ever be benched or pushed out from the formation we are playing now could be only related to an injury or suspension, that’s just how it stands rn.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
@Alin It's all hinges on Sandro. If he is going to be last season Sandro, Cuads should play. But Pirlo made Danilo an amazing player, there is a hope he can revive Sandro.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
@Alin It's all hinges on Sandro. If he is going to be last season Sandro, Cuads should play. But Pirlo made Danilo an amazing player, there is a hope he can revive Sandro.
yup, and i actually think that Alex Sandro and Chiesa could very well co-exist on the left, but then ofc that would mean also leaving Danillo out from the LB/LCB spot which his current form does not recommend, anyway foremost its great to have in-form options to chose from so i’d say all in all it’s a good ‘headache’ to have, going to be down to Pirlo to connect all the pieces together and keep everyone happy, and i trust he eventually will.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That could be tweaked tactically. Ask cuadrado to let Chiesa attack and make him just tiressly cover his back. Just order cuadrado to not be going up that much and keep it tight behind chiesas advances.

Nothing that could not be ordered from the bench.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
That could be tweaked tactically. Ask cuadrado to let Chiesa attack and make him just tiressly cover his back. Just order cuadrado to not be going up that much and keep it tight behind chiesas advances.

Nothing that could not be ordered from the bench.
Well, I agree that many things could be tweaked. But what is the point of Cuads if he cannot attack? He is not that great a defender, and you also reduce the enthropy for an opponent, they have fewer people to worry about, it's easier to defend.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, I agree that many things could be tweaked. But what is the point of Cuads if he cannot attack? He is not that great a defender, and you also reduce the enthropy for an opponent, they have fewer people to worry about, it's easier to defend.
He is not a great attacker either, but what cuadrado really has is that he is tireless, quick and selfless. Those are his best assets.

It doesnt mean he will not suppport chiesa in attack, just not as much., but anyways is time that we start phasing him because sooner or later he will decline and its better for us to get ready for that.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Lmao

Maybe because one plays RB/RWB while the other is at LW/LM? Are you even capable of comprehending the difference or do you need someone to paint it out for you? Imagine comparing the two when one plays primarily on the right side as a defender while the other is playing as an atacking winger on the left atm.
66CDA08D-6327-448A-867D-EE377D28C16D.jpeg
C6EBBC42-29E8-45A2-979C-AB050D141634.jpeg

Chiesa and Cuadrados heat map vs Spezia, as an example. Call the positions whatever you want, Cuadrado is still a key part of essentially every attack. Chiesa is also playing on the left where crossing is pretty much eliminated from his arsenal as he’s right footed. And the only reason he’s even on that side is because Cuadrado couldn't do it. Once Sandro is fit I would bet that Cuadrado hits the bench and Chiesa moves back to his natural role that Cuadrado is in now. Comprehend that.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
66CDA08D-6327-448A-867D-EE377D28C16D.jpeg
C6EBBC42-29E8-45A2-979C-AB050D141634.jpeg

Chiesa and Cuadrados heat map vs Spezia, as an example. Call the positions whatever you want, Cuadrado is still a key part of essentially every attack. Chiesa is also playing on the left where crossing is pretty much eliminated from his arsenal as he’s right footed. And the only reason he’s even on that side is because Cuadrado couldn't do it. Once Sandro is fit I would bet that Cuadrado hits the bench and Chiesa moves back to his natural role that Cuadrado is in now. Comprehend that.
Only part i am able to comprehend from it is that you are probably another one of those that watch stats and heat maps instead of the actual game because you can’t be seriously saying that for the past games they’ve played the same positions/roles just that on different sides of the pitch or that Chiesa’s natural role will be the one Cuadrado’s playing in right now... next i wouldn’t be surprised if you will tell us that Alex Sandro will play and fill in the role Chiesa’s playing in now based on those very same heat maps, no offence, but i honestly think we’re getting nowher here, really no point debating further as we are obviously miles apart with our vision on this so let’s just leave it at the part where time is supposed to prove who is going to be right about it.

Jun 16, 2020
It’s possible of course. Depends if Pirlo wants to use Ramsey/Kulu as AM, or just some 442/343 formation. But Chiesa and Cuadrado at the same side should work. Chiesa is a bit better cutting inside, and both can take turns providing width and deliver a cross. Also possible in a 433.

Still a lot of question marks regarding our main formation this year, at least for me.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Everyone here fapping over sandro who has been bad for 3 seasons now.

If anyone is bench player its him.

Chiesa is fine on left for now. Sandro offers nothing in attack. We all know this

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)