Federico Chiesa (3 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is Alex Sandro even enough of an attacking weapon to play the same role as Chiesa? I don't think he is at all. If anything I can see him being a left back (4-4-2) or the left centre back (3-4-3 etc) at best.
A.Sandro could play an attacking style of football no doubt about it.
A.Sandro has technique and he is always in total understanding with C.Ronaldo - I see no reason why he cant play there.

The only difference is how the two plays:
Chiesa is more about speed and one on one (at least in our formation)
A.Sandro should play similar to Cuadrado

- - - Updated - - -

66CDA08D-6327-448A-867D-EE377D28C16D.jpeg
C6EBBC42-29E8-45A2-979C-AB050D141634.jpeg

Chiesa and Cuadrados heat map vs Spezia, as an example. Call the positions whatever you want, Cuadrado is still a key part of essentially every attack. Chiesa is also playing on the left where crossing is pretty much eliminated from his arsenal as he’s right footed. And the only reason he’s even on that side is because Cuadrado couldn't do it. Once Sandro is fit I would bet that Cuadrado hits the bench and Chiesa moves back to his natural role that Cuadrado is in now. Comprehend that.
Seems reasonable but I hope he performs on the right much better than he is on the left otherwise Cuadrado is way better for us

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
  • Gian

Gian

I understand the jury is still out on him and we won't draw any clear conclusion before the December-break, but to me he doesn't represent a 50-60M player at all. His cameo today once again showed his limitations are way too obvious: he's got pace (obviously and a decent cross) but he can't cut his opponent out or dribble past them easily.

Useful player when countering, less useful against packed defenses.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pretty poor.

Hopefully he is just finding form after his injury.

I understand the jury is still out on him and we won't draw any clear conclusion before December, but to me he doesn't represent a 50-60M at all. His cameo today once again showed his limitations are way too obvious: he's got pace (obviously) but he can't cut his opponent or dribble past them easily. The more times passes, the less convinced I am
It is a huge price tag for a player who had a pretty underwhelming season and we seem to be shoehorning into a position he is not suited to (we got away with it but there was a situation near the end where he clearly didn't even think to track his man when they were attacking).

He's here now though and it is very early days. He is a young player and seems to have a good attitude to improve, hopefully he develops over the season. But I agree with you, he is a long way off a 50-60m player at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)