Federico Chiesa (17 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I understand the jury is still out on him and we won't draw any clear conclusion before the December-break, but to me he doesn't represent a 50-60M player at all. His cameo today once again showed his limitations are way too obvious: he's got pace (obviously and a decent cross) but he can't cut his opponent out or dribble past them easily.

Useful player when countering, less useful against packed defenses.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Pretty poor.

Hopefully he is just finding form after his injury.

I understand the jury is still out on him and we won't draw any clear conclusion before December, but to me he doesn't represent a 50-60M at all. His cameo today once again showed his limitations are way too obvious: he's got pace (obviously) but he can't cut his opponent or dribble past them easily. The more times passes, the less convinced I am
It is a huge price tag for a player who had a pretty underwhelming season and we seem to be shoehorning into a position he is not suited to (we got away with it but there was a situation near the end where he clearly didn't even think to track his man when they were attacking).

He's here now though and it is very early days. He is a young player and seems to have a good attitude to improve, hopefully he develops over the season. But I agree with you, he is a long way off a 50-60m player at the moment.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He was alright. Had a nice assist (it probably looked better than it was given the huge margin for error when playing the pass) and created a good assist for Morata who should have scored.

But for 60m against a newly promoted side, he should be doing more.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
He was alright. Had a nice assist (it probably looked better than it was given the huge margin for error when playing the pass) and created a good assist for Morata who should have scored.

But for 60m against a newly promoted side, he should be doing more.
We have paid nothing for him for the next 2 years we havent paid 60 million for him yet. He was doing great on the right side and then pirlo moved him to the left and was poor....he is much better on the right side but the dead coach cant see it.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We have paid nothing for him for the next 2 years we havent paid 60 million for him yet. He was doing great on the right side and then pirlo moved him to the left and he got and was poor he is much better on the right side but the dead coach cant see it.
We will buy him for 60m. I would expect the structure to just be for FFP/cash flow.

He wasn't doing great, he was doing fine and we should be doing better than that given the expense.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Definitely not championship material, €60m for this guy will set Juve back. A runner like him can only work if there's formidable midfield who can control the game and hit passes, not with what we have. Rather send him back at end of loan and try for Locatelli and Aouar.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Just re-read the press release. There is an obligation to buy if certain sporting objectives are achieved by the end of 21/22 season. If those sporting objectives are not achieved only then it's an option to buy. Doesn't say if it's player-related like goals+assists or team-related objectives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)