Federico Chiesa (119 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
wonder if we will intevene on the market, might be the reason Kulusevski is not sold too.
Anyway hope Fede recovers fast and comes back stronger. He was too dynamic and explosive for that shitty pitches they have in Italy...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Gutted for us and also for him. He should have been looking to make the next step in his career and have a good world cup but will now need to focus on recovery.

I think it is way too early to write him off. Baggio had a terrible knee injury at the start of his career and was still an explosive player in his early years and won world player of the year.

Ronaldo had some really bad ones at Inter and was still a top player for Real. Even Zaniolo who again had a bad tear still looked explosive and one the right track before his relapse.

Del Piero was definitely a different player post injury and adapted his game superbly. But I think his was a really bad one.

There are worse tears than others and they seem to be dealt with much better than 10/15 years ago.

My biggest worry is him doing it again.

This report says that 1 in 5 players who have torn ACL do it again. 2 in 5 if the first tear was a no-contact, isolated one. https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/55/23/1350
That's better than I would have thought.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
shouldn't have been in the starting lineup. He had just returned from injury and it was too early for him to play two big games from the start in 3 days. You have to blame Allegri for this injury, not the medical team
Does our medical team do a check up on players and then gives a coach a green light if someone is fit to play or Max has a medical diploma so he makes decisions by himself?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The reason it's going to effect him so much is because of his style of play. His whole game is based around fast turns and explosiveness.

We now have to start looking at replacing him and it couldn't of happened at a worst time as we are broke.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sure but he is 35 my point is they need to use the same doctor
I'm not a fan of rushing ACL recovery, I'd rather see Chiesa take all the precautions needed and target a return around World Cup, if Italy is even going to qualify for that. :D

F.e. look at Zaniolo, he tore ACL against us in January 2020, returned to pitch on July, 6 months after the injury and by September he was out with another tear and this time he sat out the whole 2021/22 season.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The reason it's going to effect him so much is because of his style of play. His whole game is based around fast turns and explosiveness.

We now have to start looking at replacing him and it couldn't of happened at a worst time as we are broke.
He's a great finisher, great composure, he might just become more of a striker

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
He suffered a tackle after which he should have been subbed out. What has the pitch gotta do with it? Its on our medical stuff which decided he should continue playing.
Sure, but there’s no smoke without fire and I can think of a few players who have done their ACL on that pitch from recent memory.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

He just needs to develop his quads more for better support, if he puts in the work he will be just fine.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Worst possible news… with the well known physical shape of the rest of our forwards we will be lucky enough if we get to see a Kulusevski - Kean forward line available for majority of the games that are left… Dybala and Morata will as always play a couple then miss a couple thus we will continue to have even less cohesion in our attacking movements…

I really hope at least one of Dybala or Morata manages to somehow stay fit for a longer stretch or otherwise getting to Top4 will become an even more impossible task than it already is with all the other visible shortcomings that this squad has.

if there ever was a time to invest something in the winter mercatto to avoid a total disaster this must probably be it, hopefully someone acts, even if its gonna be just a couple of short term fixes as in loans for a midfielder and/or another forward, we clearly need reinforcements, already been needing it before but even more so now after Chiesa’s season was cut short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 97)