MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He needs to be starting. Looks so slick and smooth on the ball every time. Has a wicked left foot on him too. Unlucky not to have a goal tonight. We need someone with his turn of speed, technique and ability to take on players in our team in the sort of games.
I like his technique a lot on his left. He gets the ball away from his body really quick and his wind up is lightning quick as well. It's very hard to defend him when he has decided to get the ball on target.

Higuain used to be like that sadly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I like his technique a lot on his left. He gets the ball away from his body really quick and his wind up is lightning quick as well. It's very hard to defend him when he has decided to get the ball on target.

Higuain used to be like that sadly.
It's shocking how often Higgy gets blocked in good scoring positions because he's so slow at getting his shot off this season.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
It's shocking how often Higgy gets blocked in good scoring positions because he's so slow at getting his shot off this season.
Used to sometimes only need a single touch and then the shot comes without a windup. Now he needs to touch, settle, dribble once, twice.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i dont remember the last time he caught a through ball before a defender, gets out run by literally everyone nowadays. now imagine Pjanic from deep or Berna from out right sending Dybala out behind the defenders, but they cant because Higuain stands where Dybala should be

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
this man is so fukin handsome and clutch.

he should be a smooth criminal

- - - Updated - - -

Used to sometimes only need a single touch and then the shot comes without a windup. Now he needs to touch, settle, dribble once, twice.
:tup:

he is like without confidence

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
That would be interesting. It might work but he needs to put a lot more effort in defense.
Like I said a page or two back, Khedira doesn't really win the ball back. He just holds a position. He got turned around by Martin Caceres of all people. It's not like you are asking Berna to win the ball every time like Khedira, because Khedira doesn't do that. You are basically asking him to jog into a position in midfield.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Like I said a page or two back, Khedira doesn't really win the ball back. He just holds a position. He got turned around by Martin Caceres of all people. It's not like you are asking Berna to win the ball every time like Khedira, because Khedira doesn't do that. You are basically asking him to jog into a position in midfield.
There is obviously a lot more to defensive play than just tackling and joging into position.

But yeah, Khedira has been crap for a while now.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
There is obviously a lot more to defensive play than just tackling and joging into position.

But yeah, Khedira has been crap for a while now.
There is. But Khedira doesn't supply it either. So when you look at our net gain, do we come out on top? That's what I'm thinking about. Much more offense around the box. Much better transition. Much more ability to combine with our other attackers and amplify them vs. a slight loss in defensive solidity (of which we have plenty with a 3 man midfield currently).

Plus Berna gets to play more. For me it's something you have to try. Just to see.

Also, if Cuadrado is next to him at RW, you have a fail safe heat-seeking robot that immediately tucks in for him if he's ever out of position or is too attack-minded.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
There is. But Khedira doesn't supply it either. So when you look at our net gain, do we come out on top? That's what I'm thinking about. Much more offense around the box. Much better transition. Much more ability to combine with our other attackers and amplify them vs. a slight loss in defensive solidity (of which we have plenty with a 3 man midfield currently).

Plus Berna gets to play more. For me it's something you have to try. Just to see.

Also, if Cuadrado is next to him at RW, you have a fail safe heat-seeking robot that immediately tucks in for him if he's ever out of position or is too attack-minded.
I'm not sure about that part. I agree with the rest.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
the things Khedira has over him are positioning, aerial presence and strength in duels. Pjaca actually looks more physically ready to be a CM, Berna (for now) looks like a AM to me

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I'm not sure about that part. I agree with the rest.
You think Khedira is better in transition really? I hate him in transition. He can't receive a ball and turn at the same time. So many times Pjanic will play a ball to break the opponent counter press in our defensive 3rd but Khedira will always one touch it backwards or sideways. You'd like one CM on the field to be able to receive a ball, turn and dribble it out with pace.

I think it's one of our biggest weaknesses. Imagine a CM breaking the opponent's lines so that Dybala can just run to the edge of the box and wait for a pass. Instead, he always has to look to break the lines himself.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You think Khedira is better in transition really? I hate him in transition. He can't receive a ball and turn at the same time. So many times Pjanic will play a ball to break the opponent counter press in our defensive 3rd but Khedira will always one touch it backwards or sideways. You'd like one CM on the field to be able to receive a ball, turn and dribble it out with pace.

I think it's one of our biggest weaknesses. Imagine a CM breaking the opponent's lines so that Dybala can just run to the edge of the box and wait for a pass. Instead, he always has to look to break the lines himself.
Khedira is so average. Thats the problem.

He gets waaay too much time with the ball, but since he just CANT create or pass with vision..he passes backwards and runs forward into impossible places to receive the ball. He totally disconnects from the midplay, waiting for someone else to do the tough job.

Is almost like if he doesnt want to participate in the play.. but just wants to run into spaces to receive a pass and thats it.

Like you said, i think even bernmardeschi would be better than khedi5a there,,,, for the single reason that he can pass the ball with vision... not just backward passes. He doesnt shy from possesion unlike khedira. Still, i really think berna could do well as a trequartista... not much as a DM...specially since we have already a playmaker there in pjanic. Also berna seems to be a rough tackler..and comits fouls. mainly because well, he is not a defensive player

I dont mind him playing on the right because we would get a player that can really shoot from the rightside apart from dybala... from open play. And god he has a nice shot.

We need to find a way to use a midfield 3, since it is what is giving us good reasult. A mid of 3 without khedira.. a defense of 4...and then fix things top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)