MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
He has the workrate and creativity to play in midfield.
From what I have seen of him, I agree if 4-3-3 is the way Max goes. I have felt the same with Cuads being given a try in the backline. Both MF and RB appear to need help in getting Juve to be the best it can be.

Might seem unconventional but going further I imagine these 11 being the squad that would produce the best results for Juve down the road ..... say CL's knockout stage.

Buffon
Cuads - Rugani - Chielinni - Sandro
Berna - Pjanic - Matuidi
Dybala - Higgy - Costa/Mario

Mario playing so well now (his tank probably will never hit empty) probably would be better than Costa though. Also don't think it will happen but if Benatia continues with his form hard to bench him. And leaving my boy CM8 out hurts but looking at the 11, Matuidi gives the team more balance.

Apr 19, 2007
It could work with him at cm but playing him on the same side as Dybala and Cuads sounds insanely risky. MDS would be much better. He wouldnt need to give as much offensive production with Berna there and could cover better

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
It could work with him at cm but playing him on the same side as Dybala and Cuads sounds insanely risky. MDS would be much better. He wouldnt need to give as much offensive production with Berna there and could cover better
:tup: De Sciglio is our RB. Cuads is a backup to any of the front three (Costa, Higuain, Dybala):

Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Pjanic - Matuidi - Bernardeschi
A. Sandro - Chiellini - Rugani - De Sciglio
Buffo​
n

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
433?

Costa - Higuain - Dybala
Pjanic - Matuidi - Bernardeschi
A.Sandro - Chiellini - Benatia - De Sciglio
Buffon​
Missed your post with this lineup before I did mine this morning. Like this option A LOT! Just like to see Cuads in there but MDS probably the better for defensive purposes. :tup:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I saw two clearances from the CB position today and also stopping a cross from the corner flag. At this point I'm ready to see him as a RCM in a 4-3-3 instead of Khedria. I think Max has to look at if he can do it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I want to see this guy play more.

He offers something that no one else on the team does with his powerful shots from distance. Also seems to create mismatches constantly on his side with his dribbling and acceleration. Sees the field really well. Would be interesting to see him playing behind Dybala-Higuain as a CAM in a 4-3-1-2. But RW/RM works as he pushes the ball forward and makes us a much more attacking side.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We need to return the diamond of 2015 and play him behind Dybala and Mandzukic/Higuain
:tup:

Would definitely like it be an option. Play Pjanic-Marchisio-Matuidi in midfield (Khedira as rotation), and Bernadeschi ahead of them. Just make sure that Max drills into Berna that he has defensive responsibilities. Can easily switch formation to wing-based with a single sub if needed of either Costa or Mandzu.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm 100% sure he could have done better than Khedira on Verona's goal. Give Berna 90 minutes every match at RCM. Just put him on the field somewhere.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He needs to be starting. Looks so slick and smooth on the ball every time. Has a wicked left foot on him too. Unlucky not to have a goal tonight. We need someone with his turn of speed, technique and ability to take on players in our team in the sort of games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)