Federico “Maurice” Cherubini (6 Viewers)

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
What is his role actually? Is he head scout like Paratici was? or Sporting Director like Marotta?
and what is Arrivabene role?
Seems these two have the same role lol

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I also thought he was a no good bum with the old u23 he built. So far he's a nice combo with :mauri2:.
I'm happy with the winter mercato and I can understand the bad ending of the summer mercato because CR7 left at the last moment, but Cherubini and Arrivabene were a bit lucky that Vlahovic was determined to sign with us. If he wasn't - we wouldn't stand a chance for a player of this caliber in our difficult situation.

On the other hand - they were prepared for this opportunity and this still counts a lot. I hope the summer mercato will be on a similar level as the winter. So far I love them.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm happy with the winter mercato and I can understand the bad ending of the summer mercato because CR7 left at the last moment, but Cherubini and Arrivabene were a bit lucky that Vlahovic was determined to sign with us. If he wasn't - we wouldn't stand a chance for a player of this caliber in our difficult situation.

On the other hand - they were prepared for this opportunity and this still counts a lot. I hope the summer mercato will be on a similar level as the winter. So far I love them.
Isnt that how Real signs all those superstars? They want it. It's normal.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, Cherubini was the finances guy when Marotta/Paratici were aboard.

Arrivabene is from F1.

So who is the guy really calling the shots on the squad?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree with your point but Real also got Carvajal, Marcelo, Casemiro, Asensio, Rodrygo, Vinicius Jr due to good youth scouting. I wish the management would fix our scouts and youth development model too.
How are Vinicius, Rodrygo, Casemiro and Marcelo youth scouting when they played many first team games for big Brazilian clubs? Everyone knew them. The former two cost €45m each at 16-17 years old ffs. They also signed Reinier like this, and recently Camavinga.

Asensio also played for Mallorca before Madrid bought him. If you mean identifying young players with potential, buying them (sometimes for a lot of money), and developing them then I completely agree. But that I see us doing that already. We just aren't fixated with falling over ourselves trying to buy the next Neymar before someone else does for image reasons.

Last edited:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
If you mean identifying young players with potential, buying them (sometimes for a lot of money), and developing them then I completely agree.
This is what I mean. And it would be good if some of them are younger than 19, mainly for the HG status. Because right now only Pinsoglio and Kean are HG in the CL list which means that we are wasting three spots in this list.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)