• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
4-3-3 please :xfinger:
Palermo and Napoli weren't given a chance with the 3-5-2 so I guess Conte will keep it unless he decides that width is the way to go against Lazio.
We perfectly handled and completely stopped two counter-attacking teams like Napoli and Palermo. I'm guessing that Lazio will have a similar approach as those two and Conte will just copy the formation from the previous matches. In that case, expect one of Del Piero and Vucinic to start for sure against a 10 men defense and try to break it. The other spot in attack will go to Borri, Quag or Matri. Same trio in midfield, same 3 CBs, De Ceglie on the left. I'm guessing Caceres will again be preferred for the RWB because Licht struggles there.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why are we playing 3-5-2 again?
A mirror formation for Lazio again?
Or do they play a 4-4-2?
Lazio don't use a back three.

I'd expect Lazio to play 4-2-3-1 on Wednesday, like they did against Napoli.

---------- Post added 09.04.2012 at 17:06 ----------

Palermo and Napoli weren't given a chance with the 3-5-2 so I guess Conte will keep it unless he decides that width is the way to go against Lazio.
We perfectly handled and completely stopped two counter-attacking teams like Napoli and Palermo. I'm guessing that Lazio will have a similar approach as those two and Conte will just copy the formation from the previous matches. In that case, expect one of Del Piero and Vucinic to start for sure against a 10 men defense and try to break it. The other spot in attack will go to Borri, Quag or Matri. Same trio in midfield, same 3 CBs, De Ceglie on the left. I'm guessing Caceres will again be preferred for the RWB because Licht struggles there.
Gazzetta agrees with you, and predicts Vucinic and Matri as a front two.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
@Alen.

Napoli plays the 3-5-2 and Palermo as well, so that setup workerd perfectly against them, i think against a Lazio team we should strech them and try build up our play from the wings so the 4-3-3 is the more suitable formation :boh:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm just very curious ton see how the 433 works against a team that plays the 352. The results might be even better than mirroring the formation. In Lazio's case though, I can't decide.

indojuve

djangkrik tjilik
May 12, 2007
Patient Quagliarella hails Conte

Fabio Quagliarella has admitted that Juventus boss Antonio Conte was right to use him so cautiously this season.
The former Napoli striker has scored in his last two games, but he’s only started six Serie A ties so far this term.
“He got to know me when I still wasn’t at my best because of my injury,” Quagliarella, who missed the first six months of 2011 with knee damage, told Mediaset in an interview.
“When I started to feel better I wanted to play, but the Coach, quite rightly, told me that I had to wait as I wasn’t ready.
“There were some tough times when the Coach had to lift me up by using the carrot and the stick.
“His training? Tuesdays and Wednesdays are scary. I’d never finished sessions before with cramp. But we follow Conte to the letter.”
Juve ended the last two campaigns in seventh place, but they are now leading Serie A by one point over Milan with seven games remaining.
“The Scudetto is the objective and we are obliged to think about that until the end of the season,” the 28-year-old added.
“Nobody thought that was possible a few months ago, but we all hoped. The season has been fantastic so far.”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has fuelled the Rossoneri’s Scudetto bid, while Juventus’ campaign has been based more on the collective.
“Milan have some individuals who are frightening, whereas we have good players who have to count on the way we play as a team.
“The details are fundamental for us, whereas just one move from one of their [Milan] players can resolve the outcome of a game.”
A late resurgence in form for Quagliarella has seen him named as a possible candidate to represent Italy at Euro 2012.
“I’m hoping to return to the Italy side as that is one of my prime targets. I want to enter the thoughts of boss Cesare Prandelli, but it all depends on me.”

FI

Nedved03

Love juve because of sega
Nov 27, 2011
Patient Quagliarella hails Conte

Fabio Quagliarella has admitted that Juventus boss Antonio Conte was right to use him so cautiously this season.
The former Napoli striker has scored in his last two games, but he’s only started six Serie A ties so far this term.
“He got to know me when I still wasn’t at my best because of my injury,” Quagliarella, who missed the first six months of 2011 with knee damage, told Mediaset in an interview.
“When I started to feel better I wanted to play, but the Coach, quite rightly, told me that I had to wait as I wasn’t ready.
“There were some tough times when the Coach had to lift me up by using the carrot and the stick.
His training? Tuesdays and Wednesdays are scary. I’d never finished sessions before with cramp. But we follow Conte to the letter.”
Juve ended the last two campaigns in seventh place, but they are now leading Serie A by one point over Milan with seven games remaining.
“The Scudetto is the objective and we are obliged to think about that until the end of the season,” the 28-year-old added.
“Nobody thought that was possible a few months ago, but we all hoped. The season has been fantastic so far.”
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has fuelled the Rossoneri’s Scudetto bid, while Juventus’ campaign has been based more on the collective.
“Milan have some individuals who are frightening, whereas we have good players who have to count on the way we play as a team.
“The details are fundamental for us, whereas just one move from one of their [Milan] players can resolve the outcome of a game.”
A late resurgence in form for Quagliarella has seen him named as a possible candidate to represent Italy at Euro 2012.
“I’m hoping to return to the Italy side as that is one of my prime targets. I want to enter the thoughts of boss Cesare Prandelli, but it all depends on me.”

FI
I guess conte is not the right coach for the lame and unserious type of player.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Quagliarella set for Juve renewal

League leaders Juventus will soon extend the contract of Fabio Quagliarella, reports La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Italian international is allegedly on the verge of agreeing new terms which will tie him to the outfit until June 2015.

The striker, four goals in 19 League games this term, is currently committed to the Old Lady until June 2014 following his move from Napoli.

Quagliarella, who was signed outright by Juve in the summer for a total of €15m, has scored two in his last two for the club.

Juventus have also recently extended the contracts of Paolo De Ceglie, Leonardo Bonucci and Alessandro Matri.

Andrea Barzagli and Gigi Buffon are also in line to prolong their agreements with the Turin giants.

Quagliarella, who missed the first six months of 2011 with injury, has today praised boss Antonio Conte for the way he has handled his comeback.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
i like quags, but what is this with renewing all our strikers? both matri and quags have too large wages to be considered super subs or bench players. i'm terrible afraid that these moves will decrease our chances of getting a world class CF in the summer mercato. :panic:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We need good depth guys...Matri & Quag will give us that. Borriello to go this summer and isn't IQ on loan? He will be gone with Amauri as well.

We will bring one WC striker this summer hopefully and a top winger and/or SS so no reason not to have Matri & Quag on the bench for depth, injuries, suspensions and numerous cups.

Glad he is staying. The only way I'd sell Quag would be to guarantee a good fee for a player like Jovetic or Cavani...otherwise he should stay.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We need good depth guys...Matri & Quag will give us that. Borriello to go this summer and isn't IQ on loan? He will be gone with Amauri as well.

We will bring one WC striker this summer hopefully and a top winger and/or SS so no reason not to have Matri & Quag on the bench for depth, injuries, suspensions and numerous cups.

Glad he is staying. The only way I'd sell Quag would be to guarantee a good fee for a player like Jovetic or Cavani...otherwise he should stay.
What does that have anything to do with it? It's not like his current contract expires this summer.
Maybe we should focus on only giving early new deals to players that are invaluable to the squad. There's really no rush when it comes to back-up or depth players, possibe exception being players that are fairly/very young.

There really are only 2 "objective" reasons I can think of to renew now.
- We're planning on selling him in the next transfer window. And even then, no one is going to pay big money for him anyway, so that's probably not a good reason to begin with.
- We're getting him to sign a cheaper deal. Which also seems unlikely.

Or are we awarding him a new contract for his good performances this season?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i like quags, but what is this with renewing all our strikers? both matri and quags have too large wages to be considered super subs or bench players. i'm terrible afraid that these moves will decrease our chances of getting a world class CF in the summer mercato. :panic:
Actually, you're wrong here. Both Matri and Quag have relatively low wages. Quag earns 2m eur and Matri 1.6m eur a year. That's perfect for bench players. They are good and useful players and they don't have high wages.

Compare this to the +4m eur Amauri and 3m eur a year Iaquinta was getting.

Marotta did a seriously good job with the salary budget. The wages reflect the quality of the players. We have a better team than we had in the previous years and yet we pay less for wages.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What does that have anything to do with it? It's not like his current contract expires this summer.
Maybe we should focus on only giving early new deals to players that are invaluable to the squad. There's really no rush when it comes to back-up or depth players, possibe exception being players that are fairly/very young.

There really are only 2 "objective" reasons I can think of to renew now.
- We're planning on selling him in the next transfer window. And even then, no one is going to pay big money for him anyway, so that's probably not a good reason to begin with.
- We're getting him to sign a cheaper deal. Which also seems unlikely.

Or are we awarding him a new contract for his good performances this season?
What do you mean "what does that have anything to do with it?" Quag is certainly a very good bench player and can make an impact very easily next year as back up or coming off the bench. Alen sums it up nicely in the following post below. Both he and Matri are not on killer wages and their current contracts reflect exactly what they offer to the team. We could be selling him next mercato and maybe this is a way to drive up his value? Who knows, but it isn't wrong extending their contracts either given their value to the team which is quite a bit more than Amauri & IQ combined, not to mention lower wages and no problem sitting on the bench until called upon.
Actually, you're wrong here. Both Matri and Quag have relatively low wages. Quag earns 2m eur and Matri 1.6m eur a year. That's perfect for bench players. They are good and useful players and they don't have high wages.

Compare this to the +4m eur Amauri and 3m eur a year Iaquinta was getting.

Marotta did a seriously good job with the salary budget. The wages reflect the quality of the players. We have a better team than we had in the previous years and yet we pay less for wages.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)