Fabio Quagliarella (13 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 1, 2010
Actually, you're wrong here. Both Matri and Quag have relatively low wages. Quag earns 2m eur and Matri 1.6m eur a year. That's perfect for bench players. They are good and useful players and they don't have high wages.

Compare this to the +4m eur Amauri and 3m eur a year Iaquinta was getting.

Marotta did a seriously good job with the salary budget. The wages reflect the quality of the players. We have a better team than we had in the previous years and yet we pay less for wages.
:tup:

I'm happy that Quag will stay.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Actually, you're wrong here. Both Matri and Quag have relatively low wages. Quag earns 2m eur and Matri 1.6m eur a year. That's perfect for bench players. They are good and useful players and they don't have high wages.

Compare this to the +4m eur Amauri and 3m eur a year Iaquinta was getting.

Marotta did a seriously good job with the salary budget. The wages reflect the quality of the players. We have a better team than we had in the previous years and yet we pay less for wages.
are those their wages even after the new contracts? if so, it's pretty solid work by marotta.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Giving Matri and Quag new contracts further indicates that Del Piero won't get one.

Quag, Matri, Vuci, Del Piero, new player, new player is too many players. I would hope for one of Quag/Matri to leave, and extend Ale's contract.

Quag/Matri, Vuci, Del Piero, new player, new player.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But, as has already been said, Juve don't need to give him a new deal to keep him.
Perhaps we are lowering his wages in return we are giving him a longer contract? Is that possible?

Maybe he agreed to lower wages only if we extended his contract?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Perhaps we are lowering his wages in return we are giving him a longer contract? Is that possible?

Maybe he agreed to lower wages only if we extended his contract?
We haven't extended his contract yet, so it's not easy to tell if his wages were reduced or not.

But it is possible to extend his contract and lower his wages, I think that's what we are going to do with Buffon.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But, as has already been said, Juve don't need to give him a new deal to keep him.
For some odd reason, the majority of people here don't seem able to grasp this concept.

I really can't figure out what's so difficult about this. Whether or not you like or rate him, whether or not you want him to stay, it's all completely irrelevant in the discussion to renew (or not) his contract.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For some odd reason, the majority of people here don't seem able to grasp this concept.

I really can't figure out what's so difficult about this. Whether or not you like or rate him, whether or not you want him to stay, it's all completely irrelevant in the discussion to renew (or not) his contract.
Do we know 1 of 2 things?:

1.) Is his pay going to be less than his current pay?
2.) Is sissoko suspended?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I like you better when you're trolling in the Vidal or Marchisio thread :D

And I did mention your number 1, fyi. But that's extremely unlikely, I'm sure you'll agree with that.
:D

I haven't read anything about the new terms so I am not sure, I must have missed it. Between my trolling and trying to be legit I easily fail to read between the lines.

I walk a thin line around here.

Anyways, its probably just easier to ask: How much time left on his current contract and how long will the "extension" be? And how much?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Absolutely. We talked about this already some days ago and unless one of the two options you presented is in play, it's really hard to understand why do we offer a contract until 2015 to someone who's already contracted until 2014. Especially since Quag is 29 and will be 31 when his original contract will expire.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And this is why we have Alen. To make sense of the impossible.

So part 1 has been answered, now for part 2. He is currently on 2m a season, correct? Are we only extending his contract or his his salary changing as well?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
but it isn't wrong extending their contracts either given their value to the team which is quite a bit more than Amauri & IQ combined, not to mention lower wages and no problem sitting on the bench until called upon.
Nice one, Hust.

You agree with Alen & disagree with me. A bit odd considering Alen & I are completely in agreement on this matter :D

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
why would ppl consider selling quag when we wil be short in quantity and quality in this department next season?

quag/vucinic/matri + 'the WC CF' + 'WC RF/SS/WRF/the pepe position' + young'n

we'll have injuries + drop in form + fatigue to contend with as we are to DOMINATE on all fronts

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Quag was very poor tonight, but then again we didnt play to his strenghts, he was beibg asked to receive the ball with bis back towards goal and to hold it up, but he cant really do that, neither can Matri. If we want ro play like that, we need someone like Dzeko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)