Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Our physios are bunch of clowns too, we all thought Quag had the worst injury, and told us De Ceglie will be out for 2-3 months, and De Ceglie was injured before Quag one or two months ago. Now I won't be surprised if Quag makes it before De Ceglie..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
as long as the club do their homework on quags i dont mind if he joins. i would hate to see him bought outright and not perform as he was before due to injury.

quags and matri will be good enough for Serie A i think. if we are successful next season and make the CL, then i really think we need to bring in a world class striker. With Del Piero retiring after next season, we should be able to free up some cash etc...and get that star player.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yes, since Calciopoli.

But you have to admit, it appears that these guys give extra points to Italians when rating players. There are superior players to the likes of Pepe, Motta, Barzagli, et cetera all across Europe, yet we're stuck with them. If they were not Italian, they wouldn't be here, period. And that's what I dislike about this discussion.

They aren't signed on merit, they're signed on nationality.
They are signed cuz Marotta has better contacts with italian managers than foreign ones, so he was capable to pull cheap loans to lower the squad age and rebuild the team somehow. Im not saying he succeeded, but we finished summer pretty much not spending anything extra at all, only sales money and wage budget decreases, it covered even the Martinez disaster. January is pretty much the same, we hardly could've found better strikers abroad for the money we spent there. There're no extra points to Italians, we were just short of money.

Forza Qtube, hopefully he returns with a bang.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
They are signed cuz Marotta has better contacts with italian managers than foreign ones, so he was capable to pull cheap loans to lower the squad age and rebuild the team somehow. Im not saying he succeeded, but we finished summer pretty much not spending anything extra at all, only sales money and wage budget decreases, it covered even the Martinez disaster. January is pretty much the same, we hardly could've found better strikers abroad for the money we spent there. There're no extra points to Italians, we were just short of money.

Forza Qtube, hopefully he returns with a bang.
I don't understand why people keep considering these loans as cheap. They're obviously not, since the only thing we achieve this way is delaying substantial spending (either by signing the loaned players or starting from scratch again).
And this delaying process obviously costs a fair amount to begin with, with no guaranteed return on investment (purely financial).

I don't really know the exact reasons behind these moves, maybe they were necessary, maybe they weren't. Fair enough either way, but these deals are definitely not cheap if you look beyond the short term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)