Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Yes, since Calciopoli.

But you have to admit, it appears that these guys give extra points to Italians when rating players. There are superior players to the likes of Pepe, Motta, Barzagli, et cetera all across Europe, yet we're stuck with them. If they were not Italian, they wouldn't be here, period. And that's what I dislike about this discussion.

They aren't signed on merit, they're signed on nationality.
Agree 100%. Juve seem to be going through a positive discrimination (Aus Government term) process when they sign players. Very Bureaucratic of them. If they're Italian they get the job. All players should be signed on merit, where the best player is chosen because of how they can benefit the team not what nationality they are.

PS - Congrats on the 90,000 posts :tup:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yes, since Calciopoli.

But you have to admit, it appears that these guys give extra points to Italians when rating players. There are superior players to the likes of Pepe, Motta, Barzagli, et cetera all across Europe, yet we're stuck with them. If they were not Italian, they wouldn't be here, period. And that's what I dislike about this discussion.

They aren't signed on merit, they're signed on nationality.
I never disagreed with you on that. The one thing that i will say si that if you have players of equal skill and value, and one is Italian, and one isn't, you can always bet, and this has gone on for decades with Juve, that they will always select the italian plyer first and foremost.

That is just the DNA of the club. This ItalJuve is really nothing new. I've always stated that nationality means nothing to me when it comes to players. I've only wanted to see italian players at Juve who are good Italian players. They did get two really good ones this year in Quag and matri, and to a lesser extent, Storari, but talks of montloivo jsut make me ill to my stomach.

I wanted him and Pazzini 5 years ago. But that was 5 years ago.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Some say he'll be on the bench against Chievo and others say he'll not be back this season :nervous:
I really want him to come back this season. Even if he isn't the same player that he was before the injury, the spiritual lift that it can give this club is immeasurable. If someone who has only worn the Juve shirt for 4 months can fight and push to make it back after such an injury, it sends a message to the squad that wearing the colors of Juventus means so much more than anything else.

Apr 15, 2006
Quagliarella to return to training

Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella is to return to training again following a long injury lay-off.

The Italy international tore ligaments in his knee against Parma back in January and was ruled out for the rest of the season.

Even so, Juventus plan to take up their option to sign Quagliarella outright from Napoli.

“After Easter I will start working again here, even if I will be apart from the group,” Quagliarella told Juventus' official website.

“I am always at the Olimpico for our games so I see my teammates often, but it has made me very happy to come and say 'hi' to them today.”

Asked about his recovery, he said: “Everything is going well. I am satisfied.”

FI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)