• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Yeah, I said that. :rolleyes:

South american market is a peculiar one. Normally the players from there need to accostumate and then make their biggest jump. If a scudetto challenger team wants to buy one, that team will need to have good players and don't put the guy drastically as their indispensable player. Even with lower ambitions teams it doesn't work like that...
I think Marotta said something similar. He didn't want to do business outside Italy because its always a risk :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Those are players, mediocre as they may be, who arrived in the summer, Hustini.
This is for the guys that are too timid to take a risk outside of Italy and or Europe in general. This is like communism, closed doors to the rest if the world will do nothing for you.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I think Marotta said something similar. He didn't want to do business outside Italy because its always a risk :D
Every deal take a risk. Even in Italy.

Either way, I'm just talking about the south american market. There you probably find the better players but you are also making the bigger risks. We have south american players available in europe ready for the next jump. What about Sanchez? If we are really chasing a SS then it should be him without a doubt.

We just can't fail this summer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Every deal take a risk. Even in Italy.

Either way, I'm just talking about the south american market. There you probably find the better players but you are also making the bigger risks. We have south american players available in europe ready for the next jump. What about Sanchez? If we are really chasing a SS then it should be him without a doubt.

We just can't fail this summer.
I agree with Sanchez but we need to take those same risks too otherwise we will always pay large sums of money for players.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I agree with Sanchez but we need to take those same risks too otherwise we will always pay large sums of money for players.
Neymar will cost us the day and the night. Just like Sanchez or other guys already in europe and also awesome.

I'll give two examples to clarify my point: Keirrison and Di Maria.

The first failed hard and he was considered the best talent in Brazil before he joined Barça. The second needed three years to reach his best game in europe. It also depends on the coach of course, but then again, with Del Neri we can't hope much of our players. Even Chiellini is not being that great with him.

Barcelona (team already made and with great players) and Benfica (lesser scale) can make these risks, we can't. At this moment we can't.

May 22, 2007
Neymar will cost us the day and the night. Just like Sanchez or other guys already in europe and also awesome.

I'll give two examples to clarify my point: Keirrison and Di Maria.

The first failed hard and he was considered the best talent in Brazil before he joined Barça. The second needed three years to reach his best game in europe. It also depends on the coach of course, but then again, with Del Neri we can't hope much of our players. Even Chiellini is not being that great with him.

Barcelona (team already made and with great players) and Benfica (lesser scale) can make these risks, we can't. At this moment we can't.
I'd like to point out that whoever considered Kerlon the best talent is retarded beyond repair.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not to nitpick here, but can anyone name the last player that Juventus has purchased from a foreign league that has made a legitimate impact in the last 4 seasons?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sorensen.

And as if there are so many of them.
And Krasic. And that is my point.

Everyone seems to be jumping on this current administration for their lack of signing players from foreign leagues, when the irony of it all is that two players who have made an impact were purchased this year.

Diego had 4 or 5 really good games last year, Tiago was a disaster, as was Poulsen, and Andrade
This is not a problem with Juventus that has just reared its ugly head this year.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
More than ten games, at least. Last year I was a fan of Brasileirao coz of Corinthians and Santos.

But what's your point? That he's damn good? Yeah, he is damn good but we can find a player who could provide us a better team with lesser risks. You never know how many time Neymar will need to be accostumed to the european football. Could be one game but could also be one season. Rely (just) on him to reach our goals isn't too wise.

I don't think we need a SS for this summer if we buy Aquilani and Quagliarella. Specially if we change our coach. Why buy a nice LW (when we have none) and a great SS (when we'll have one certainly)? Buying just a great LW would save us money and we wouldn't be dependent of that player to choose one tactic (4-4-2). Of course Neymar can play in different tactics but imo he's much better in a two forwards system.
There is risk in everything. How convenient of you to forget that there is inherent risk with Aquilani and now with Quagliarella due to injuries. There's no telling the latter will return to his best. So no, there is a lot of risk there.

Where is there absolutely, positively no risk at all? The shirt sales and exposure we get in Brazil because of Neymar. People forget that a player like Neymar has HUGE marketing potential all across the globe. Even if he's a complete disaster for the club, the revenue from him as a star would pay for part of his transfer.

That's right boys, never buy from a foreign market because it yields risks.
Yeah, lets go with the Mottas and Almirons, they are so much better.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And Krasic. And that is my point.

Everyone seems to be jumping on this current administration for their lack of signing players from foreign leagues, when the irony of it all is that two players who have made an impact were purchased this year.

Diego had 4 or 5 really good games last year, Tiago was a disaster, as was Poulsen, and Andrade
This is not a problem with Juventus that has just reared its ugly head this year.
There have been disasters purchased from everywhere. But most of them come from Serie A considering we buy most of our players from Serie A.

And I wouldn't say Poulsen was a disaster. That's not being fair. And Andrade was injury-prone when we bought him, but a really solid player for years at Depor.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There have been disasters purchased from everywhere. But most of them come from Serie A considering we buy most of our players from Serie A.

And I wouldn't say Poulsen was a disaster. That's not being fair. And Andrade was injury-prone when we bought him, but a really solid player for years at Depor.
But the whole crux of the argument is that Juve doesn't buy from foreign leagues, correct? That is what this last page has been about.

So, when 2 of the players that were purchased this year are from foregin leagues and they have met or exceeded expectations, well, I don't know what else to say in this regard.

And in your first sentence to my response, I am assuming that you are condemning the practices of the last 3-4 years, and not just this season, correct?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not to nitpick here, but can anyone name the last player that Juventus has purchased from a foreign league that has made a legitimate impact in the last 4 seasons?
Non-Italians from abroad, 2005-2011:

Krasic
Sorensen
Traore

Diego
Caceres

Mellberg
Ekdal
Iago
Kirev

Salihamidzic
Andrade
Grygera
Tiago

Boumsong

Vieira
Kovac
Gladstone

Ibrahimovic
Olivera

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But the whole crux of the argument is that Juve doesn't buy from foreign leagues, correct? That is what this last page has been about.

So, when 2 of the players that were purchased this year are from foregin leagues and they have met or exceeded expectations, well, I don't know what else to say in this regard.

And in your first sentence to my response, I am assuming that you are condemning the practices of the last 3-4 years, and not just this season, correct?
Yes, since Calciopoli.

But you have to admit, it appears that these guys give extra points to Italians when rating players. There are superior players to the likes of Pepe, Motta, Barzagli, et cetera all across Europe, yet we're stuck with them. If they were not Italian, they wouldn't be here, period. And that's what I dislike about this discussion.

They aren't signed on merit, they're signed on nationality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)