Fabio Quagliarella (15 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
There are ways round that issue, though.

There can be the option for the club to extend the deal or there can be a guaranteed extension if the player plays a certain number of games.

That way the contract will continue if the player is still being used a reasonable amount.
Theoretically you could sign a contract like that, but the real problem is that players have too much bargaining power. They wouldn't agree.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
vidal pirlo pogba and marchisio. that's 4 not 3. plus asamoah can shift on CM.
You're right. However why would we take more strikers than CMs when we play with 3 CMs compared to 2 strikers at a time?

I don't think there's any team who takes 6 strikers in a squad, and Padoin also has versatility in his favour.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So if your God loves football so much, why didn't he move? He loves money like Iaquinta, so he is staying put.
Maybe, just maybe he didn't want to move mid season. If this was about the money, would he want to move last season when we blocked the move? He probably didn't want to move on loan. Just like Vucinic. Just like Giovinco. All of them had offers too. I think from the Lazio DS' words we know he will likely move in the summer. If this was only about the money, he perhaps wouldn't move at all, given that he has a contract till 2015.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Maybe, just maybe he didn't want to move mid season. If this was about the money, would he want to move last season when we blocked the move? He probably didn't want to move on loan. Just like Vucinic. Just like Giovinco. All of them had offers too. I think from the Lazio DS' words we know he will likely move in the summer. If this was only about the money, he perhaps wouldn't move at all, given that he has a contract till 2015.
What he'll make in Juve these last 6 months would take him a full year to earn with Lazio if he went there.

It's clearly about money. What else would it be about? Because its not about football since he's 6th striker at this point.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
What he'll make in Juve these last 6 months would take him a full year to earn with Lazio if he went there.

It's clearly about money. What else would it be about? Because its not about football since he's 6th striker at this point.
Don't think it's that simple.

He probably believes he can still offer something to this team, and probably rightfully so considering his European record with us.

He wouldn't have expected to be shut out, if he indeed has been.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Factor in, the change in lifestyle perhaps outside of Italy where most of the offers came from. Or just settling into a new team mid season. Theres no guarantee youll play in another team anyway snd further uncertainty If the loan isnt finalised youre back to square one. When you can calmly decide your future at the start of the new season, while in a setting that your comfortable with, where you have friends and teammates you've played with for close to 4 years. Most of us would've made a similar choice under the circumstances IMO. This is only to buy himself more time to make a better decision. He would definitely deserve a lot of criticism if he made this choice at the start of the season. But mid season, I think there are always more variables. Most of us would've made this choice in his place, including yourself and me.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Factor in, the change in lifestyle perhaps outside of Italy where most of the offers came from. Or just settling into a new team mid season. Theres no guarantee youll play in another team anyway snd further uncertainty If the loan isnt finalised youre back to square one. When you can calmly decide your future at the start of the new season, while in a setting that your comfortable with, where you have friends and teammates you've played with for close to 4 years. Most of us would've made a similar choice under the circumstances IMO. This is only to buy himself more time to make a better decision. He would definitely deserve a lot of criticism if he made this choice at the start of the season. But mid season, I think there are always more variables. Most of us would've made this choice in his place, including yourself and me.
Oh God it just gets worse.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Lol, baggio your love for quag got to be unhealthy :)

I cant wait for quag to release his autobiography, revealing;
" i stayed bc of baggio"
Roberto baggio?
"No"

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Ffs baggio, if I didn't know any better I'd think he worked for free :D

Jul 20, 2012
Quag agent to meet with Marotta

Fabio Quagliarella is set to train alone again today, with his position at Juventus looking more and more precarious.

The striker was left out of the Bianconeri’s squad for the knockout stages of the Europa League, and with Dani Osvaldo joining from Southampton, seems to have been shut out by the club.

The Old Lady’s hierarchy insisted on Tuesday that that was not the case, but La Stampa report that the forward will train alone again this afternoon.

His agent Beppe Bozzo is set to meet with director Beppe Marotta this afternoon to discuss the player’s future.

Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande are reportedly extremely interested in signing the Italy international.

Is this a joke? Quag and his agent haven't realized that he isn't needed nor wanted at Juve?

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
If Lazio bid for Quag, I see no reason why he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter alongside Klose.

He would easily start for 10 or 12 of the sides in Italy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)