Fabio Quagliarella (45 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I meant to say his agent, yes. Agents do talk %*$* all the time. So I suppose it's to be expected. I don't think his remaining here is the end of the world, yet tell your agent to keep his mouth shut. Quags has been much more important for us than an Iaquinta or Amauri, yet he is still behaving poorly. There really isn't any defense for his staying here and not playing at all. Sure it is his loss, but it is also the loss of the club having to pay his wages for another half-season, and watching his transfer value drop further and further.

ANd the other question no one has raised, is who's to say he will move on next transfer window? I'd say that it is iffy at best.
I don't think players really control the agents as their pr machinery, or Raiola almost certainly would never be hired :lol: No but seriously, what constitutes him behaving poorly? The fact that he's looking out for his best interests, while trading off an EL spot and almost certainly no WC?! If he is willing to accept this, and contribute when called upon, if ever, then he is within his right to do so. The club wanted him to go on loan, but he refused. Vucinic refused every offer other than Inters, including Arsenal, which was also a loan mind you. By that measure, did he behave poorly and cost the club money? His value is going to drop by the end of season too. Giovinco refused a loan move. Did he behave poorly? Of course not. IIRC, even Matri pretty much refused every offer he got last season, coz he wanted Milan? Did that constitute poor behavior? You're talking about 2.3m euros of wages, which is not a very heavy salary fee for a club of this stature, and we are talking about half season wages here. Does that really hurt Juve? Certainly not, when you compare that with what Iaq and Amauri were earning.

Also, if i may ask, what would you do in this situation?! Would you move indefinitely on a loan, not guaranteed playing time at another club, and be willing to be displaced again 6 months later if the loan wasn't finalized? And again, come back at Juve to sort out your future? Or would you just see out the remainder of the season, as per your contract, and possibly win a historic treble with a club you feel part of? And then move finally once and for all at the start of a new season, when you may settle in to a new environment a little better?!

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Remember that header of his back in the Del Neri days that sealed that 1-0 win against the then champions Milan in their own turf? :touched:

Just recalled that. Amazing goal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What needs to happen is some kind of way in which a player can be released, if a side is willing to pay a portion of his remaining contract. Let's say Quags is still owed 5 mil over two years... well we could release him for 2.5 million. The same could have been done with Iaquinta. You wouldn't want to do so with any player there was a chance of receiving a transfer fee for, but any player who was refusing to move, it would sure be nice.
While I'm very much in favour of maintaining the sactity of a contract, given that players are able to demand transfers and give clubs little choice to accept, whether they actually want to sell or not, I do feel there could do with being some sort of re-balancing in the relationship between player and club.

The players just have a little bit too much power for my liking just now.

Of course, the easy solution to situations like this one is to not give mediocre players such long contracts in the first place.

Is a player like Quagliarella really going to refuse Juve if they offer him two years instead of three or three years instead of four?

And this is another case, like Iaquinta, of Juve making the odd choice to give someone a contract extension only to end up regretting it.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Moral of the story, don't give mediocre Italian's long contracts with big money they don't deserve. They'll cling to it like there is no tomorrow. Foreigners could be convinced to go back home or maybe continue their football journey somewhere else. Italians rather stay and collect big money in the #1 club in their home country than go abroad or give up the money and go back to shit clubs like Samp that pay nothing.

After guys like Quag and Iaquinta spend their whole careers in shitty clubs like Udinese, Samp and Napoli they can't believe their luck when they somehow managed to end up in a mega club like Juventus at 28 years old with a fat contract in their hand.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree in sentiment, but giving a new 10m+ signing a two year contract is risky. You could end up forced to sell him at a price only a year later.
There are ways round that issue, though.

There can be the option for the club to extend the deal or there can be a guaranteed extension if the player plays a certain number of games.

That way the contract will continue if the player is still being used a reasonable amount.

- - - Updated - - -

Moral of the story, don't give mediocre Italian's long contracts with big money they don't deserve. They'll cling to it like there is no tomorrow. Foreigners could be convinced to go back home or maybe continue their football journey somewhere else. Italians rather stay and collect big money in the #1 club in their home country than go abroad or give up the money and go back to shit clubs like Samp that pay nothing.

After guys like Quag and Iaquinta spend their whole careers in shitty clubs like Udinese, Samp and Napoli they can't believe their luck when they somehow managed to end up in a mega club like Juventus at 28 years old with a fat contract in their hand.
The gap in finances between the top few clubs in Italy and the rest is a huge factor in the difficulty of getting rid of these players.

Juve really have to hope the player is good enough to be of interest to clubs like Lazio or Fiorentina who are in the gap between the rich and the poor.

I'm pretty tolerant of players sitting around and taking their money so long as no reasonable move materialises, but I consider it a distinctly poor show on Quagliarella's part to turn down Lazio at this point.

Even though, as a Lazio fan, I wouldn't want Lazio to sign him...

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
There are ways round that issue, though.

There can be the option for the club to extend the deal or there can be a guaranteed extension if the player plays a certain number of games.

That way the contract will continue if the player is still being used a reasonable amount.

- - - Updated - - -

The gap in finances between the top few clubs in Italy and the rest is a huge factor in the difficulty of getting rid of these players.

Juve really have to hope the player is good enough to be of interest to clubs like Lazio or Fiorentina who are in the gap between the rich and the poor.

I'm pretty tolerant of players sitting around and taking their money so long as no reasonable move materialises, but I consider it a distinctly poor show on Quagliarella's part to turn down Lazio at this point.

Even though, as a Lazio fan, I wouldn't want Lazio to sign him...
:howler:

Brother, with all of your tactical expertise, you make this comment... one cannot help but to feel let down now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)