Fabio Quagliarella (1 Viewer)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't understand the guys slagging Quag for refusing offers to go elsewhere. Assuming this could be Vucinic or Gio too, we've already got Osvaldo, so it's not like they're blocking any other player from coming in or ruining our transfer market in anyway. Even if they went, it would most likely be a loan deal with an option/obligation at the end of the season. This doesn't really change too many scenarios for us. Sure, we could argue that we'll be paying their salaries, but it's not like they're cheating the club by staying on their contractual terms. And it's not like anyone here is having to pay them their salaries, so I don't see the need to insult the player.

The team stays as is, is six points ahead of the next best team in Italy and with the Europa looming, I'm glad not much has changed. So even if Osvaldo can't adapt or gets injured (not like we needed him in the first place), we still have players who know the team and style of play. We are better off, not making these changes mid season anyway. And I agree with JJ's assessment, Quag will be handy in the Europa. Hopefully, Mirko will somehow find himself again to deliver the goods too. And having Osvaldo around, may give everyone the motivation to try harder.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14,008
    I don't understand the guys slagging Quag for refusing offers to go elsewhere. Assuming this could be Vucinic or Gio too, we've already got Osvaldo, so it's not like they're blocking any other player from coming in or ruining our transfer market in anyway. Even if they went, it would most likely be a loan deal with an option/obligation at the end of the season. This doesn't really change too many scenarios for us. Sure, we could argue that we'll be paying their salaries, but it's not like they're cheating the club by staying on their contractual terms. And it's not like anyone here is having to pay them their salaries, so I don't see the need to insult the player.

The team stays as is, is six points ahead of the next best team in Italy and with the Europa looming, I'm glad not much has changed. So even if Osvaldo can't adapt or gets injured (not like we needed him in the first place), we still have players who know the team and style of play. We are better off, not making these changes mid season anyway. And I agree with JJ's assessment, Quag will be handy in the Europa. Hopefully, Mirko will somehow find new motivation to deliver the goods too. And having Osvaldo around, may give everyone the motivation to try harder.
    He's not needed by the club and we'd let him go. He's like a leech, leeching out every euro from his contract.

Osvaldo will surely settle, it's not his first year in Italy. Also, even if Quag does leave, we'd have Tevez, Llorente, Osvaldo, Mirko and Giovinco which is more than enough, for all competitions, even Coppa that we lost.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    He's not needed by the club and we'd let him go. He's like a leech, leeching out every euro from his contract.

Osvaldo will surely settle, it's not his first year in Italy. Also, even if Quag does leave, we'd have Tevez, Llorente, Osvaldo, Mirko and Giovinco which is more than enough, for all competitions, even Coppa that we lost.
    Quag accepted a pay cut with Lazio (3 year contract, 1,5m), and even requested a move to Samp, who found it difficult to pay what Juve wanted. He would've perhaps taken a pay cut there too had Juve reduced the transfer fee. He could've gotten a similar salary at Arsenal and thereabouts at Valencia, Villa or some of the other teams, but most players at this stage in their careers consider lifestyle and culture just as much. Vucinic would've been paid similar wages at Arsenal, maybe even more if he pushed them, but he still chose not to go there. It's more than just the money IMO, and I think these player's are entitled to that.

The loss if anything, is theirs. More than the clubs. And overall, some people here seem to be taking offense like Quag, Vucinic or Gio have blocked the arrival of Messi. Nothing really changes in our mercato and it's not like any of them, or Osvaldo, are going to be getting much game time anyway. We are talking about 3rd, 4th and 5th striking options with a coach who keeps his starters out there for ninety mins if he can. For the position of the player on the team, nothing changes if he stays or leaves.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    Quag accepted a pay cut with Lazio (3 year contract, 1,5m), and even requested a move to Samp, who found it difficult to pay what Juve wanted. He would've perhaps taken a pay cut there too had Juve reduced the transfer fee. He could've gotten a similar salary at Arsenal and thereabouts at Valencia, Villa or some of the other teams, but most players at this stage in their careers consider lifestyle and culture just as much. Vucinic would've been paid similar wages at Arsenal, maybe even more if he pushed them, but he still chose not to go there. It's more than just the money IMO, and I think these player's are entitled to that.

The loss if anything, is theirs. More than the clubs. And overall, some people here seem to be taking offense like Quag, Vucinic or Gio have blocked the arrival of Messi. Nothing really changes in our mercato and it's not like any of them, or Osvaldo, are going to be getting much game time anyway. We are talking about 3rd, 4th and 5th striking options with a coach who keeps his starters out there for ninety mins if he can. For the position of the player on the team, nothing changes if he stays or leaves.

:lol2:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Isn't it Quags loss that he'll likely be on the bench in a world cup year with minimal chances to prove that he can be part of the Nazionale, by staying on? I think it's his loss. I think it's Vucinic's loss, that he's now short of motivation for the remainder of the season, and may not play for no fault of his because Conte has gotten Osvaldo on a free loan, and may think that Vucinic's head isn't at Juve anymore. But these are player decisions, and they have their reasons, whatever they are. I do think though, some decisions are not just based on money, but lifestyle, culture, stability etc.

Apr 8, 2013
    I'm not a fan of this guy at all, but the bashing I'm seeing he receives on this forum is absolutely ridiculous and I've never seen it anywhere. Someone even comparing him to Iaquinta... Are you serious? Iaquinta didn't play for 3 years till 2013 and didn't want to leave his contract nor join another club, taking his wages without doing nothing (probably he even had some stuff with drugs, but however)... Quagliarella is in the team, has been praised by Conte this season and has played more than Vucinic and Giovinco, and has been a starter just a week ago. He accepts every role in the team and gives his 100% every time is on the pitch, but he's compared to Iaquinta... And the guys like that baggio, who's one of the most objective "fans" I've seen, who tries to take some points to him fairly, it's getting big laughs as an answer... LOL... But is it the same Quagliarella we're talking about? Because I swear, it doesn't look so.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Isn't it Quags loss that he'll likely be on the bench in a world cup year with minimal chances to prove that he can be part of the Nazionale, by staying on? I think it's his loss. I think it's Vucinic's loss, that he's now short of motivation for the remainder of the season, and may not play for no fault of his because Conte has gotten Osvaldo on a free loan, and may think that Vucinic's head isn't at Juve anymore. But these are player decisions, and they have their reasons, whatever they are. I do think though, some decisions are not just based on money, but lifestyle, culture, stability etc.
    :money: Quag's main reason.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    :lol2:

Like he was going to get picked anyway.

Even if he was stupid enough to think that he has a chance then he should have left to somewhere where he knew he had a chance to play, he knew that he won't play here anymore so why didn't he fuck off but instead he chose to stay like a leech he is.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    :money: Quag's main reason.
    Think about it. He agreed to Lazio and wanted Samp. Neither could've paid him the wage he earns here. The club's couldn't settle on a transfer fee. Most of the offers Quag rejected were from oversees, ands those were clubs from richer leagues who could've paid him a similar wage, but he chose not to go there. It just seems like he'd prefer to stay in Italy. Quite like Vucinic. Nothing wrong withh that. A lot of the people here, would've done the same thing in a similar professional predicament. So it's unfair to judge a player who is technically doing no wrong.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Why are people assuming that he'll be missing out of world cup because of his bench time? Prandelli wouldnt chose him even if he starts every game from now on till end of the season. :motta:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Why are people assuming that he'll be missing out of world cup because of his bench time? Prandelli wouldnt chose him even if he starts every game from now on till end of the season. :motta:
    Exactly.

Put yourself in Quag's shoes, he's making 2.5M/season at Juve would you move over to Genoa to make 1M?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)