Fabio Quagliarella (13 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm not a Quags superfan, but the guy is crazy talented, and works pretty damn hard on the pitch. Only thing lacking is his football smarts at times, when he's making those crazy attempts on goal of his, when at times a pass would be better. Still, imo, he should be our #3 striker right now behind Tevez and Vuci, until Llorente shows some of his Atl Bilbao form. If he does leave, for more playing time, I hope we get a promising/somewhat established young CF to partner Tevez, and not the antiquated dinosaur man. He was good in his day, but not really psyched about continuing forward with a bunch of 28-32 olds as 1-4 in our strike force. We need someone in that 22-26 age range besides GioMidget...

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
yessssss, 1st choice striker is baaaack :weee:
Honestly I think this 5th choice was just a big BS. The fact of the matter is that, he has been and will always be the best striker we have. And I think the real reason behind him riding the bench for such a long time, was him having some serious injury, which was kept from the public.
Anyways, thank God that is over and now that he's fit and ready, Conte's gonna have a helluva a headache trying to find who will be the better partner for him from Teves and Vucinic, to complement him on his unworldly gift as a goalscorer.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
4th choice then, not much of an difference.
as I see it, Tevez-Vuc are first choice, followed by all the other three. the one who's more fit or suited to the particular game will start in case one of the first two need to sit out a game. I've no idea what goes on in trainings, but the one I'd trust not to shit his pants in a packed San Siro would be Quag.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
4th choice then, not much of an difference.
Assuming Llorente is third choice, he should've gotten minutes in the Lazio game, especially when we were 4-1 up and there was no pressure. :)

Point is, all of us here are too quick to categorise a player we hate on. But Conte is going to take a call with regard to team dynamics. And the herachy outside of Tevez-Vucinic, quite frankly hasn't been decided. Every man for himself. They're all going to get game time. So put the hate aside and start supporting the guys. They're playing for us. Not the opposition (like Motta or Amauri)

- - - Updated - - -

as I see it, Tevez-Vuc are first choice, followed by all the other three. the one who's more fit or suited to the particular game will start in case one of the first two need to sit out a game. I've no idea what goes on in trainings, but the one I'd trust not to shit his pants in a packed San Siro would be Quag.
Ya, he's probably one of those few players who has a great temperament and belief even when though he's not considered a starter.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Juventus believe in Quagliarella
By Football Italia staff

The agent of Fabio Quagliarella has admitted Juventus turned down a variety of offers for his client this summer.

The forward was expected to move on, but remained after a deadline day switch to Roma – which would have also involved transfers for Marco Borriello and Alberto Gilardino – collapsed.

“Fabio didn’t want to leave Juventus,” Beppe Bozzo told TMW. “He simply asked for more space in the side because he knows he can be of use.

“And boss Antonio Conte has always believed in him.

“Quagliarella received a number of offers from Italy and abroad, but the club decided to keep him because he is part of the project and considered an important player.

“Then it is only normal that you have to accept the rotation policy when you are part of a great side.”

Bozzo also represents the Juventus duo of Luca Marrone, who joined Sassuolo on a co-ownership, and Federico Peluso.

“Fiorentina were interested in Marrone,” the agent added. “In the end he joined Sassuolo in an important operation which included Domenico Berardi.

“Juventus would never have sent him out on loan. Marrone will shine at Sassuolo and he can continue to grow.

“A return to Atalanta for Peluso? The club who were most interested in him was Verona. There were a few sides chasing Federico, but Juventus and Conte decided to keep him.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)