Fabio Quagliarella (41 Viewers)

Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
My point was that if Conte wanted to keep him the negotiations wouldn't start at all, and that if he blocked his sale it was because we couldn't get a replacement (Gilardino).

And Di Marzio and other were reporting that we accepted both Roma's and Lazio's offers, so it doesn't matter where he was going but why it didn't happen.
I think Conte originally didn't want Quag sold, but the player himself wanted out so Conte was fine with it if we got ourselves a suitable replacement. I really refuse to believe Conte genuinely just wanted to get rid of Quag to get a fucking Gilardino.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
My point was that if Conte wanted to keep him the negotiations wouldn't start at all, and that if he blocked his sale it was because we couldn't get a replacement (Gilardino).

And Di Marzio and other were reporting that we accepted both Roma's and Lazio's offers, so it doesn't matter where he was going but why it didn't happen.
The only reason we started talking to other clubs is because the player himself wanted out. Also, Conte played him the other night when he could've played anyone else including Llorente, but he chose his 'factual' 5th choice as a clear message to the board that he didn't want Quag sold, perhaps moreso after losing Matri. You are also forgetting that Gilardino had accepted terms with Juve, and Genoa's president said that they had more than one alternative, this was a possibility since Borriello's salary was a stumbling block from the outset. (4m)

Further to which, GdM and Igli Tare (Lazio's transfer director) all confirmed that Conte also vetoed this move. I don't see how and why, you have a need to become so factual about the situation. Like you were seated next to Bozzo the whole time, when instead you were in Greater Albania. Also, if you jog your delicate memory back to deadline day, I didn't 'claim' SHIT. I shared sources that were reporting this piece of news which you laughed off. So, to cut a long story short, it doesn't matter what happened on that day. But it is a 'fact' that Quag is now here as part of this team. Deal with it, by supporting the player and the cause. Instead of questioning his worth like a joker.

If he accepts this role and his wages are acceptable, I'm good with this.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with this forum? So much hate for our own players. Matri, Quagliarella, it doesn't matter who, it's ridiculous.
I don't understand it. It's sad actually. I don't think, in all my time here, have I ever come across fans hating on players who have truly supported our cause. (Iaquinta post injury, Amauri, Anelka, Bendtner being the fair exceptions) but to think we are winning titles and these guys being abused, hated on or criticised despite doing their jobs, is actually pretty pathetic.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I think Conte originally didn't want Quag sold, but the player himself wanted out so Conte was fine with it if we got ourselves a suitable replacement.

I really refuse to believe Conte genuinely just wanted to get rid of Quag to get a fucking Gilardino.
That's all I'm trying to say, he didn't care about if it's Quag or Gilardino.

About the second part, don't know why are you quoting me when I never said that.

And I see many here calling it "hating on a player" just because I refuse to believe a retarded theory that Conte remembered how much he likes Quag just half an hour before the end of the market when he realized he can't get a replacement. :howler:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Quags is a quality striker for the game time he gets. Give him a run of games and i'm sure he would easily outscore Matri with his eye's closed. Always loved Quags since that wonder goal against Slovakia good striker and he will come in handy this season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Probably. But it's still your favourite "go-to" comment."
He had a few such moments last season, but given the context of that Chelsea game (our return with the big boys, down a goal, away from home), and I think iirc it was his first appearance in the season, I do think it was clutch in every sense of the word.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

A few YouTube vids don't prove shit. Btw, I am neither a Quag or Matri fanboy, but both of them are limited strikers.
Welcome back B81. Quag gonna give you sexy time this season. :D

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Conte once (his first summer here) said that he wants Quag in the club as long as he is there, I don't think he was bullshitting or that he doesn't care about his players. He might not want to keep every single player at all costs, but he surely wouldn't dump any one of them just because it doesn't matter who the 5th or 7th choice is. If he was letting Quag go, it was because Quag wanted to go just like Giaccherini, not because he prefers Gilardino. You're obviously right about Conte wanting 5 strikers, but the tone you said it sounds like Conte doesn't give a shit about his players and that Quag is a forward version of Marco Motta to him.

And if Quag was going, he was going to Lazio not AS Roma obviously, that's why I said you're the expert.
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/03/juventus-player-will-stay-as-long-as-antonio-conte-is-coach/

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
In the Coppa :D

He isn't going to displace Tevez, Vucinic, and when Llorente gets into gear, Quag will be having sexy time with the midget on the bench :p
Nobody said he's going to displace Tevez. But he will get more time now that he's stayed, because along wi Vucinic he is the only other reliable striker we have, while Llorente adapts to life in the league. There is no sure shot hierarchy in this case because of Llorente's start to the season. At least that's my understanding of the situation.

Conte didn't, but Giacc wanted to leave. Things change.
Of course, but that decision is also offset by the amount of money coming in. In this case it was a fair bit for the profile of player Giacch was to us. So let's say, under the same conditions (Conte wanting him to stay, him wanting to leave) had we gotten a less suitable offer, I think Conte would've blocked the move.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Of course, but that decision is also offset by the amount of money coming in. In this case it was a fair bit for the profile of player Giacch was to us. So let's say, under the same conditions (Conte wanting him to stay, him wanting to leave) had we gotten a less suitable offer, I think Conte would've blocked the move.
He would still go i think. There is no point to keep him if he wants to leave. We would have pushed for a higher offer, but in the end he was goint to be gone one way or another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)