Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The only reason we started talking to other clubs is because the player himself wanted out. Also, Conte played him the other night when he could've played anyone else including Llorente, but he chose his 'factual' 5th choice as a clear message to the board that he didn't want Quag sold, perhaps moreso after losing Matri. You are also forgetting that Gilardino had accepted terms with Juve, and Genoa's president said that they had more than one alternative, this was a possibility since Borriello's salary was a stumbling block from the outset. (4m)

Further to which, GdM and Igli Tare (Lazio's transfer director) all confirmed that Conte also vetoed this move. I don't see how and why, you have a need to become so factual about the situation. Like you were seated next to Bozzo the whole time, when instead you were in Greater Albania. Also, if you jog your delicate memory back to deadline day, I didn't 'claim' SHIT. I shared sources that were reporting this piece of news which you laughed off. So, to cut a long story short, it doesn't matter what happened on that day. But it is a 'fact' that Quag is now here as part of this team. Deal with it, by supporting the player and the cause. Instead of questioning his worth like a joker.

I don't understand it. It's sad actually. I don't think, in all my time here, have I ever come across fans hating on players who have truly supported our cause. (Iaquinta post injury, Amauri, Anelka, Bendtner being the fair exceptions) but to think we are winning titles and these guys being abused, hated on or criticised despite doing their jobs, is actually pretty pathetic.
First of all I never said that Conte wanted Quag out. I do believe it was Quag who wanted to leave in order to get more play time in Roma/Lazio and Conte respected his decision and was okay as long as we got a replacement - Gilardino.

The only reason I entered this discussion was because you completely refuse to believe the option above and make it sound like the negotiations were going on without Conte knowing anything, while even I in Greater Albania learned about it from media and now Lotito confirmed them too, which quotes you don't comment because you don't like them.

And as matter of fact I do rate Quag, he is a good player who deserves much better than being a 5th choice, I honestly think that he would start for 2/3 of Serie A teams. I still don't like him though mainly because of him being very selfish and in the same time making those gestures whenever he doesn't receive a pass, the Alessio incident was the nail in the coffin for me.

I admit it I was wrong about the "il nuovo Iaquinta" tag, I underestimated his strong character. :D

And yes I will cheer whenever he scores for us, not because I'll be happy for him but for Juve.

The only two Juventus players I've ever hated were Grosso and Motta.

Sorry everyone who may I have bothered, I will not continue with this discussion anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
First of all I never said that Conte wanted Quag out. I do believe it was Quag who wanted to leave in order to get more play time in Roma/Lazio and Conte respected his decision and was okay as long as we got a replacement - Gilardino.

The only reason I entered this discussion was because you completely refuse to believe the option above and make it sound like the negotiations were going on without Conte knowing anything, while even I in Greater Albania learned about it from media and now Lotito confirmed them too, which quotes you don't comment because you don't like them.

And as matter of fact I do rate Quag, he is a good player who deserves much better than being a 5th choice, I honestly think that he would start for 2/3 of Serie A teams. I still don't like him though mainly because of him being very selfish and in the same time making those gestures whenever he doesn't receive a pass, the Alessio incident was the nail in the coffin for me.

I admit it I was wrong about the "il nuovo Iaquinta" tag, I underestimated his strong character. :D

And yes I will cheer whenever he scores for us, not because I'll be happy for him but for Juve.

The only two Juventus players I've ever hated were Grosso and Motta.

Sorry everyone who may I have bothered, I will not continue with this discussion anymore.
:D

First, Igli Tare said it, now Enrico Preziosi just gave an interview saying: that Gila was on his way to Juventus, but a phone call came from Turin blocking the negotiations and everything stopped. It's on Tuttojuve if you'd like to read it.

Anyway, I'm glad you clarified your stance. I don't think I am against what you're saying in theory, because it is also a likely possible scenario. Personally, I don't know what went down, i was onky saying that it is a possibility Conte could've chosen that he rather keep someone who knows his system, since there's no hard and fast rule that can stop him from having a change of heart, if he was ok with Quag going in the first place.

But look, it doesn't matter, it's just that Quag is here and it would be good he is supported as one of our own. You and everyone here is free to criticise the player for a bad game or poor performance, it's the needless hate that I find sad and disrespectful. Not entirely aimed at you, but am just saying. That's my piece. Peace. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Giovinco > Quag.

Only haters would disagree.
Actually, only haters would agree. :D :p

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I understand the ones who hate players who are hodling us back because of their limitations.
But with Quaqm, esp at this time, i believe that there are minimal reasons to do that.
Quaq is not as limited as the average Italian dribbler, when we got him, we may have indeed got him for nationalistic reasons, as we did with many other and as he was intended for a starters place, he was indeed a threat to our strategic plans, as he can only get us that far in Europe, he is not a Tevez, he would never be a Tevez and for one to hate the fact that we got him instead of a Tevez, only because he is Italian, was a valid argument.

But this is not anymore, he is now our 5th choice and he is a great ll around player with great quality for a 5th choice forward, even at a club with our ambitions.
The major concerns about Quaq and the reasons i criticed him from the days we were considering him, was that he is not consistent enough to be our primary option and that he is not prolific enough, in a season long trip.
when we got him, we wanted mostly a very prolific forward whom we can be based upon for the entire season.

But we do not expect that from our 5th choice forward, on the contrary. He is not considered a threat to our foreign starters either, so the nationalistic elelements are out of the equation too.
So there are no real reasons to support a hate for him anymore. As he can still occasionally offer a lot and has accepted the subber role,creating no trouble in the dressing room, i believed that we would keep him for a few more years.

The real dilemma was keeping him, or MAtri, i was in balance considering that, as Quaq offered a better finisher option (and i am not convinced yet our finishing issues are completely settled), yet MAtri was younger and offered a better strategic 5-6th option, in the long run, as we would never have to worry about forwards depth for a longer period and wouldnt waste cash for more subs.
Combined the advantages of both would be Gila, who is (theoretically) yet more prolific than Quaq and younger.
Should this option come with minimum or no cash investment.

Paying cash to fine the 5-6 forward option would be extremely unwise when our best LB option is Peluso...
so keeping Quaq now, is the wisest choice, lets see first where Llorente will pit himself and decide later.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I understand the ones who hate players who are hodling us back because of their limitations.
But with Quaqm, esp at this time, i believe that there are minimal reasons to do that.
Quaq is not as limited as the average Italian dribbler, when we got him, we may have indeed got him for nationalistic reasons, as we did with many other and as he was intended for a starters place, he was indeed a threat to our strategic plans, as he can only get us that far in Europe, he is not a Tevez, he would never be a Tevez and for one to hate the fact that we got him instead of a Tevez, only because he is Italian, was a valid argument.

But this is not anymore, he is now our 5th choice and he is a great ll around player with great quality for a 5th choice forward, even at a club with our ambitions.
The major concerns about Quaq and the reasons i criticed him from the days we were considering him, was that he is not consistent enough to be our primary option and that he is not prolific enough, in a season long trip.
when we got him, we wanted mostly a very prolific forward whom we can be based upon for the entire season.

But we do not expect that from our 5th choice forward, on the contrary. He is not considered a threat to our foreign starters either, so the nationalistic elelements are out of the equation too.
So there are no real reasons to support a hate for him anymore. As he can still occasionally offer a lot and has accepted the subber role,creating no trouble in the dressing room, i believed that we would keep him for a few more years.

The real dilemma was keeping him, or MAtri, i was in balance considering that, as Quaq offered a better finisher option (and i am not convinced yet our finishing issues are completely settled), yet MAtri was younger and offered a better strategic 5-6th option, in the long run, as we would never have to worry about forwards depth for a longer period and wouldnt waste cash for more subs.
Combined the advantages of both would be Gila, who is (theoretically) yet more prolific than Quaq and younger.
Should this option come with minimum or no cash investment.

Paying cash to fine the 5-6 forward option would be extremely unwise when our best LB option is Peluso...
so keeping Quaq now, is the wisest choice, lets see first where Llorente will pit himself and decide later.
Nope, wrong again.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Fifa Agent called Vergani gave an interview today on Tuttojuve saying that he was in touch with Bozzo who was negotiating for both Quag's move and Gila's move, and he said talks for both players were advanced (Quag to Laxio, Gila to Juve), but Conte blocked the negotiations.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Fifa Agent called Vergani gave an interview today on Tuttojuve saying that he was in touch with Bozzo who was negotiating for both Quag's move and Gila's move, and he said talks for both players were advanced (Quag to Laxio, Gila to Juve), but Conte blocked the negotiations.
nah bro, aliens actually kidnapped quag so we couldn't sell him

my own made up fairy tale agenda

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
nah bro, aliens actually kidnapped quag so we couldn't sell him

my own made up fairy tale agenda
Yes, this is a hollywood movie where Conte an hour before the transfer window closed realized that he couldn't lose Quag so he ran to the nearest phone to call up Marotta who was about to sign the dotted line and tell him not to send Quag away.

Or.. something happened that changed the direction. Why would Marotta be working on a deal the whole day if Conte didn't even want him gone in the first place?

And Quag wanted to leave so I see no point in Conte going against the wish of his player 1 hour before the transfer window closes. Conte was clear about not standing in the way of players who wish to leave just like Giaccherini.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think it was the timing of the deal, really. As coach, he's more likely to have a change of heart right at the end of the mercato than he would early on with regard to players who know his system, when he was imagining there were certain targets we would be acquiring. All scenarios are possible in this case, but I don't see why people discredit this theory completely. Conte is free to change his mind at the last minute. His salary is not going to be deducted if he does so.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yes, this is a hollywood movie where Conte an hour before the transfer window closed realized that he couldn't lose Quag so he ran to the nearest phone to call up Marotta who was about to sign the dotted line and tell him not to send Quag away.

Or.. something happened that changed the direction. Why would Marotta be working on a deal the whole day if Conte didn't even want him gone in the first place?

And Quag wanted to leave so I see no point in Conte going against the wish of his player 1 hour before the transfer window closes. Conte was clear about not standing in the way of players who wish to leave just like Giaccherini.
The gilardino deal only would have materialised in the same space of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)