Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
My main point was and remains that I prefer to see us play with a clinical striker in the starting XI. The stats are...as I have mentioned several times...interesting. Not in any way the sole basis from which I campaign for Quagliarella to be used more frequently. Your stats are as interesting as the individual player stats of assists and goals I posted originally, offering more depth, but still, just suggestive rather than conclusive information. They do not prove anything, unless you are to list the whole team including substitutes and times of the goals and which XI was on the field when we scored the goals and who was included in the passing move and who dragged defenders away and all players had played the same amount of time etctetctetctct...the stats alone are not at all absolute proof, as you suggest. Would the stats be the same if Quagliarella had been given as many opportunities as Vucinic??? You simply cannot say. Because he hasn't. We can guess, and assume...and debate...hopefully in your case with a bit more civility if possible. My own position is basically that I feel we would be a stronger, more clinical team if we played at least one of Matri/Quagliarella, preferably both, for I feel they bring more to the team than Vucinic and Giovinco. Its my view, not a statement based in stats.
You're absolutely right.

The thing is, I strongly believe that Juventus has a team of people doing exactly that. It's almost a science. In addition to the things you mentioned, the style, formation and quality of our opponents are taken in consideration. Conte knows very well what each one of our attackers can offer to the team, and based on all of these things, he chooses the attacking pair. That's why many times we can see an in form striker being benched and an off form striker getting a starting spot. These things are hard to spot by the eye of an outsider, even if the outsider is someone who regularly follows Juve, but they bring success. We all complained like mad when Conte played Borriello last year, but, coincidence or not, we had our 10-1-0 record in the last 11 rounds exactly when Borri started alongside Vucinic. And exactly these 31 pts and the incredible series of wins decided the serie A champion.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We all complained like mad when Conte played Borriello last year, but, coincidence or not, we had our 10-1-0 record in the last 11 rounds exactly when Borri started alongside Vucinic. And exactly these 31 pts and the incredible series of wins decided the serie A champion.
And that's essentially what it comes down to, it doesn't matter one iota what a fan prefers or thinks differently.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It is or would be in the nature of any ardent fan to debate a tactical approach that at Least on the surface, may be questionable. Though I agree with what @Alen says about it being a science that we almost cannot determine or pick up being on the outside.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Shocking selfishness shown after missing the easy chance.
How about actually positioning himself to score? Why don't you dwell on his 93rd minute shot as selfishness for the rest of the season? Fucking joke. Wake the fuck up.mthere are bigger problems in attack than this guy.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
How about actually positioning himself to score? Why don't you dwell on his 93rd minute shot as selfishness for the rest of the season? $#@!ing joke. Wake the $#@! up.mthere are bigger problems in attack than this guy.
Then shoot from an incredibly impossible angle when you have team-mates waiting in great positions? No thanks - sell quickly.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Then shoot from an incredibly impossible angle when you have team-mates waiting in great positions? No thanks - sell quickly.
Who was in a great position? It was impulse and worth questioning if it was still 0-0. The team was one up and he could afford a sling shot because unlike our other two starting forwards he can actually score.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Sell Giovinco and Vucinic as well.

I'd only keep Matri of all our forwards.
Matri didn't do much after coming on either. Quag at least got himself into a position to score. I hate the fucking blame game around here. That too when one person is not the root of the problems. Is crazy almost. If Quag should go, en the rest should go before him. It's getting fucking ridiculous.

Jul 1, 2010
Matri didn't do much after coming on either. Quag at least got himself into a position to score. I hate the fucking blame game around here. That too when one person is not the root of the problems. Is crazy almost. If Quag should go, en the rest should go before him. It's getting fucking ridiculous.
Quag is an idiot, he shoots from impossible angles when he has better options.

He sucks, we should sell him. Period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)