vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Don't believe the rumours, contra-rumours and contra-contra-rumours and think we just make it up as we go along. I joke about that but no elite club does that, not even the clowns at Man Utd, and I doubt any top flight club does. There is always a preferred list of targets and you go down them on availability. The problem is often whether to stick or twist with those targets.

For instance Suarez is probably the #1 target. Dzeko might be 2, someone else like Milik or Morata 3 or 4. So if there is no decision one way or another coming from the Suarez situation, which appears to be less than straightforward, how long do you wait for the possibility of getting your #1 target later in the window and run the risk of losing your backup options to someone else who has them as a #1 target? You can be left empty-handed and looking idiotic. You can't force the negotiation so you just wait, you can play agents and players against each others, a million phone calls and still nothing. Ever since players have had big agents it's a game to see who will blink first. Suarez himself probably doesn't even know if he is leaving Barcelona now Messi is staying.

Dzeko would most likely punch a kitten to come and play for Juve so I doubt there is much chance of there not already being a personal agreement with him and his agent, but if there are still positive signs for Suarez you can see why it is dragging. Transfers are a gamble from start to finish unless there is a complete agreement between three parties.

These gurus clearly know fuck all until something is almost done.

In an ideal world without Covid-19 we'd have just gone and spent the money on our #1 target like we did with Higuain, Ronaldo and De Ligt, but this window will be different.

What I don't like about Paratici is how areas of the team are assigned in terms of importance, I certainly don't agree with the thinking of the club. They have attempted to fix the midfield at least a season (probably two) too late, fullbacks are also a weakness but seem to be given lesser importance as if they are not worried about them, and the replacement striker, although dependant on Higuain finding a club, should have been priority after Arthur was signed.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Don't believe the rumours, contra-rumours and contra-contra-rumours and think we just make it up as we go along. I joke about that but no elite club does that, not even the clowns at Man Utd, and I doubt any top flight club does. There is always a preferred list of targets and you go down them on availability. The problem is often whether to stick or twist with those targets.

For instance Suarez is probably the #1 target. Dzeko might be 2, someone else like Milik or Morata 3 or 4. So if there is no decision one way or another coming from the Suarez situation, which appears to be less than straightforward, how long do you wait for the possibility of getting your #1 target later in the window and run the risk of losing your backup options to someone else who has them as a #1 target? You can be left empty-handed and looking idiotic. You can't force the negotiation so you just wait, you can play agents and players against each others, a million phone calls and still nothing. Ever since players have had big agents it's a game to see who will blink first. Suarez himself probably doesn't even know if he is leaving Barcelona now Messi is staying.

Dzeko would most likely punch a kitten to come and play for Juve so I doubt there is much chance of there not already being a personal agreement with him and his agent, but if there are still positive signs for Suarez you can see why it is dragging. Transfers are a gamble from start to finish unless there is a complete agreement between three parties.

These gurus clearly know fuck all until something is almost done.

In an ideal world without Covid-19 we'd have just gone and spent the money on our #1 target like we did with Higuain, Ronaldo and De Ligt, but this window will be different.

What I don't like about Paratici is how areas of the team are assigned in terms of importance, I certainly don't agree with the thinking of the club. They have attempted to fix the midfield at least a season (probably two) too late, fullbacks are also a weakness but seem to be given lesser importance as if they are not worried about them, and the replacement striker, although dependant on Higuain finding a club, should have been priority after Arthur was signed.
:agree:

However, there are clinical experts around these parts who will tell you different. But they are just big chicks behind screens.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
no fullbacks, 15mil for 35 y/o Dzeko on 1 yr contract

Couldn't get a dime from Matuidi, Higuain, Khedira. Can't get rid of De Sciglio, Costa, Ramsey, Rugani either.

Do we give him pass (cause Covid finances)?

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
no fullbacks, 15mil for 35 y/o Dzeko on 1 yr contract

Couldn't get a dime from Matuidi, Higuain, Khedira. Can't get rid of De Sciglio, Costa, Ramsey, Rugani either.

Do we give him pass (cause Covid finances)?

Please ...
No alternatives for Dzeko ....

Matuidi, Higuain, Khedira all have zero sale value and it is clear to anyone in football ...this is before COVID ..how about with COVID ?

Costa, Ramsey, Rugani..those will only leave for good sum of money ...with COVID ...no one is able to pay ...

De Sciglio ...they tried and failed ...so what are the alternatives ....???

fullbacks? Pirlo is going for 3 4 3 ...main formation ..so hiring new fullbacks is not a good idea ..

B.S ...I still admire the man ...has good work and some bad ones especially Ramsey ...but tell me who doesn't ...

and Ramsey came at the time we signed MDL with 75m and Demiral for 25m !! and still got Rabiot too ..!!

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What a disgusting article - it must've been written by Badass.

I still dislike this douchebag, and nothing he does, short of signing a top top CM and bringing Mbappe, will atone for his mental retardation in bringing in chain smoking cancerous cunt as coach and trying to dispose of Dybala for a lumbering oaf.

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
What a disgusting article - it must've been written by Badass.

I still dislike this douchebag, and nothing he does, short of signing a top top CM and bringing Mbappe, will atone for his mental retardation in bringing in chain smoking cancerous cunt as coach and trying to dispose of Dybala for a lumbering oaf.
Calm down, dude, you’ll live longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)