vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Really? You seriously overrate his impact.
You may not think he's good enough for Juve, but Man U needs a "sporting director" to make some sense out of their transfer policy. With the amount of money they have, he's more than competent enough to turn them into a top team again. He won't be hindered by the necessity of plusvalenza and can do what he does best.

I'm still willing to give him this summer to prove he's up to the job.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We better sell first or use in swap : Costa (~22m), Berna (~16m), Rugani (~1m), Ramsey (~3m), Perin (~6m), Higuain(~19m),MDS(~3m), Matuidi (0), Khedira (0)
Those numbers are approx rounded up their book value in 30/06/2020 total ~70m

And amount of wages+tax (gross) : Costa 10.5m ,Berna 5.25m, Rugani 5.25m, Ramsey 10.6m, Perin 4m, Higuain 13m, MDS 3.5m , Matuidi 7m, Khedira 10.5m
That is ~70m gross wages there

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Reportedly Juve didn't want Danilo in the Cancelo deal with City. But they knew we were desperate for plusvalenza so City forced us. You can't bend over like that, it leaves us stuck with a player on high wages who isn't improving the team even as a bench option and is difficult to move on. How could a director at this level think it was a good idea to go into a season with De Sciglio and Danilo as your fullback options knowing we're in 3 competitions with the need for rotation? Honestly, it's just idiotic.

When you play world class teams in CL you have no room to have weak links, you'll get exposed. That's Paratici's problem, he improves certain areas at the expense of others, even downgrading other areas, and it ends up backfiring hard. It's no point in having Cr7 if Bernardeschi is the one crossing. It's no point in having Rabiot if Danilo is the one he has to play off etc.

What's next. even if he had brought Mbappe he'd sell Demiral? So when De Ligt gets injured we're stuck with another scrub option, let in 4 goals and still lose. This cycle needs to stop.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thinking Jorginho for some deadwood would be a solid win for us. Referencing the Bernie swap rumor, of course.

I know Jorginho isn't the head turner we all had hoped for but neither is Bernie. I'd say with Kulu coming (replacing Bernie), we can use Bernie for some kind of deal in midfield. Jorginho is obviously a improvement over Sami, Matuidi and the whatever version of Ramsey we are getting so It think we should be happy with that.

Need players that can move the ball forward though. Need CMs willing to take risks.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say this, I'd rather use Bernie for a CM than Bernie for a striker like Milik.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thinking Jorginho for some deadwood would be a solid win for us. Referencing the Bernie swap rumor, of course.

I know Jorginho isn't the head turner we all had hoped for but neither is Bernie. I'd say with Kulu coming (replacing Bernie), we can use Bernie for some kind of deal in midfield. Jorginho is obviously a improvement over Sami, Matuidi and the whatever version of Ramsey we are getting so It think we should be happy with that.

Need players that can move the ball forward though. Need CMs willing to take risks.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say this, I'd rather use Bernie for a CM than Bernie for a striker like Milik.
What if its Dzeko? :klin:

Jun 16, 2020
Last summer was his second chance, not his first. Marotta with inferior budget and prestige power delivered miracles at the very same time.
The situation is already very clear, no need to waste CR7's last chance just to be sure.
Paratici is not ready for Juventus, we could keep him as assistant and get a proper manager equivalent to our club.
Paratici lost our best talents and committed a huge proportion of our available wages on useless players, if he keeps it like that, the damage will be irreversible!
We cannot afford 3 more Matuidi, Rabbiot and Ramseys with 10mil salaries, esp as long as we can't unload other deadwood like Khedira, Higuain and Dcosta.
Marotta in his first year did nice at Inter, but let’s not forget that he also added some trash to their team: Young, Moses, Biraghi, Lazaro. Young did nice tho but this forum would explode if we’d sign Young.

Then there’s Godin on a high salary who failed to impress, Eriksen who doesn’t fit Conte’s system and Sensi, who started very nice, but has been injured throughout the season.

And we’ll see in the future if selling Barbosa and Pinamonti for very low prices to finance their summer and winter mercato was worth it, besides Icardi but he had to go obviously. Loaning out Nainggolan has been a mistake aswell.

Some players turned out to be very good like Lukaku and Barella, but we got Demiral, De Ligt and Rabiot.

Overall I don’t like the comparison as Marotta was main responsible and he failed to improve our midfield since 2015, meanwhile Paratici has had some really good transfers. Lets not forget that Marotta brought a lot of trash to this club aswell. I respect what he did at Juve but let’s not romanticize him as he wasn’t perfect.

It are two very different situations, like it or not but Ronaldo weights a lot on this club and while we still have some expensive players on the book we’re stuck to plusvalenze each year. Besides that it’s impossible to build a new team in one or two years, and meanwhile stay competitive, lower average age and wages. Lets stay realistic people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)