Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Really? You seriously overrate his impact.
You may not think he's good enough for Juve, but Man U needs a "sporting director" to make some sense out of their transfer policy. With the amount of money they have, he's more than competent enough to turn them into a top team again. He won't be hindered by the necessity of plusvalenza and can do what he does best.

I'm still willing to give him this summer to prove he's up to the job.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We better sell first or use in swap : Costa (~22m), Berna (~16m), Rugani (~1m), Ramsey (~3m), Perin (~6m), Higuain(~19m),MDS(~3m), Matuidi (0), Khedira (0)
Those numbers are approx rounded up their book value in 30/06/2020 total ~70m

And amount of wages+tax (gross) : Costa 10.5m ,Berna 5.25m, Rugani 5.25m, Ramsey 10.6m, Perin 4m, Higuain 13m, MDS 3.5m , Matuidi 7m, Khedira 10.5m
That is ~70m gross wages there

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Reportedly Juve didn't want Danilo in the Cancelo deal with City. But they knew we were desperate for plusvalenza so City forced us. You can't bend over like that, it leaves us stuck with a player on high wages who isn't improving the team even as a bench option and is difficult to move on. How could a director at this level think it was a good idea to go into a season with De Sciglio and Danilo as your fullback options knowing we're in 3 competitions with the need for rotation? Honestly, it's just idiotic.

When you play world class teams in CL you have no room to have weak links, you'll get exposed. That's Paratici's problem, he improves certain areas at the expense of others, even downgrading other areas, and it ends up backfiring hard. It's no point in having Cr7 if Bernardeschi is the one crossing. It's no point in having Rabiot if Danilo is the one he has to play off etc.

What's next. even if he had brought Mbappe he'd sell Demiral? So when De Ligt gets injured we're stuck with another scrub option, let in 4 goals and still lose. This cycle needs to stop.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thinking Jorginho for some deadwood would be a solid win for us. Referencing the Bernie swap rumor, of course.

I know Jorginho isn't the head turner we all had hoped for but neither is Bernie. I'd say with Kulu coming (replacing Bernie), we can use Bernie for some kind of deal in midfield. Jorginho is obviously a improvement over Sami, Matuidi and the whatever version of Ramsey we are getting so It think we should be happy with that.

Need players that can move the ball forward though. Need CMs willing to take risks.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say this, I'd rather use Bernie for a CM than Bernie for a striker like Milik.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thinking Jorginho for some deadwood would be a solid win for us. Referencing the Bernie swap rumor, of course.

I know Jorginho isn't the head turner we all had hoped for but neither is Bernie. I'd say with Kulu coming (replacing Bernie), we can use Bernie for some kind of deal in midfield. Jorginho is obviously a improvement over Sami, Matuidi and the whatever version of Ramsey we are getting so It think we should be happy with that.

Need players that can move the ball forward though. Need CMs willing to take risks.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say this, I'd rather use Bernie for a CM than Bernie for a striker like Milik.
What if its Dzeko? :klin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)