vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think the major problem is we don't even use Can's preferred position which is probably a DM in a 2 man midfield. And we never used it under Allegri before we bought him so it was another case of a market opportunity and, "Here you go coach, fit him into team".

The movements in the market in terms of treating players like assets or stocks have always been pretty good but actually fitting the players into a defined system of play has never been good.

Ideally Sarri turns out good and you can just buy and sell players based on a strict 4-3-3 system and avoid all these square pegs and round holes scenarios.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lets think that this mercato was a big clusterfuck since the coach change was abrupt and i dont think paratici was able to attack both buys and sales with efficiency.

I want to to think taht next year paratici and even the players will have a clear idea of what to do, and solve the situations way earlier.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Lets think that this mercato was a big clusterfuck since the coach change was abrupt and i dont think paratici was able to attack both buys and sales with efficiency.

I want to to think taht next year paratici and even the players will have a clear idea of what to do, and solve the situations way earlier.
I applaud the hopeful outlook for the future

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
'Paratici doesn't know what he's doing!'

By Football Italia staff

Former Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli believes the club were wrong to dispense with Beppe Marotta and Max Allegri.

Marotta and Allegri played key roles in turning Juve into the dominant force they are in Serie A today, but the Old Lady have since promoted Fabio Paratici to the role of general manager, while ex-Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri is now Coach.

“Marotta knows what he’s doing, Paratici no,” Cobolli Gigli, who was patron between 2006 and 2009, told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“It’s well-documented that I don’t have great respect for Sarri, for his past statements.

“As a Coach I can’t hide he did well with Napoli and Chelsea, but there were other Coaches who could’ve replaced Allegri, Guardiola for one.

“I’m someone who doesn’t forget things. I remember Sarri’s statements and gestures.

“It seems to me that Sarri went too far and I don’t think he can change. He’s at a certain age.

“We’ll see what he does as a Coach. His [first] Press conference seemed well-constructed to me.

“it seemed to me that he’d forgotten everything he previously said. He wasn’t very coherent.”

The 74-year-old then reserved particular criticism for Paratici, accusing him of mishandling the Bianconeri’s transfer dealings over the summer.

“I think the problem with Emre Can stems from a bad transfer window overseen by Paratici. Marotta wouldn’t have overseen such one.

“Mandzukic and Emre Can can’t be excluded. Dybala was only included because they couldn’t sell him.

“Paratici and Andrea Agneli were wrong, the latter because he gave the former too much freedom.

“The players know that if they perform well, they can also find teams in January, perhaps more prestigious ones.

“Lukaku was a big setback. Marotta managed to fix the Icardi situation because he knows what he’s doing, Paratici no.

“I’d have preferred Allegri to stay, like Agnelli and Nedved had said. There was some miscommunication.

“I’d have preferred Guardiola or Deschamps. Ancelotti wouldn’t have left Napoli.”

- - - Updated - - -

STREET!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

@Dru
100% right in everything he’s stated.

Doesn’t matter that he’s a dumb fuck and had his own version of FP in Alessio Secco lol.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
It highlights paratici's strengths and weakness.

Paratici is probably the best in the world when it comes to scouting, and bringing in talent. But we do have a gap that is missing since Marotta left and its something Paratici im hoping will learn from, its not an area his experienced in as he taken a different role.

It also highlights how good Marotta was despite his flaws, i remember the Mandela quote he often used while he was here and now at Merda
“In life you never lose, you win or learn.” There remains some wisdom behind this one eyed man and I can only hope Paratici reflects and learns.
Oh please. It's just the wisdom of the present moment. While Beppe was here he was the one who cannot sell. Coman, Vidal we got fucked by Bayern, Pogba fucked by Raiola, Tevez, Llorente how could Beppe let them go for free etc, etc.

If we sell someone that is happy here, we're admitting we did a bad job of getting him in the first place. The way I see it, it shows shortsightedness
Of course not. We got Dybala for 40mln who's scored 80 goals for us and is now worth double. How can it be considered a bad job or being shortsighted?

I think the major problem is we don't even use Can's preferred position which is probably a DM in a 2 man midfield. And we never used it under Allegri before we bought him so it was another case of a market opportunity and, "Here you go coach, fit him into team".

The movements in the market in terms of treating players like assets or stocks have always been pretty good but actually fitting the players into a defined system of play has never been good.

Ideally Sarri turns out good and you can just buy and sell players based on a strict 4-3-3 system and avoid all these square pegs and round holes scenarios.
Every team plays 433 these days. Same was Can for Liverpool.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Of course not. We got Dybala for 40mln who's scored 80 goals for us and is now worth double. How can it be considered a bad job or being shortsighted?
I agree with you, but this is from their point of view. They see him as dispensable and probably a headache to fit in, so yes, it was shortsighted of them. I value Dybala for the record and want him to stay.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Can earns €178k a week and Mandžukić €196k a week. Both will barely play until the next transfer window. It's crazy how many millions they will be practically throwing away.

Obviously it's not our money to worry about but still it's always nice when your club does business intelligently and wisely.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
:lol: So from a player who you want to retain long term, he went directly into bottom of the pit overnight? That's BS. 2 contract renewals ffs! TWO!
As for Dybala the key phrase is "against his will". Players are human beings not commodities. Also, Khedira, Can, Matuidi, Rugani, Bernardeschi, Demiral, Dybala, Mandzukic, Higuain, etc. were on he market at some point this summer. If it's not confusion I don't know what is.
I guess you missed rugani being a starter against ajax, in the most important match of the season. At the time he was one injury away from being a starter. The club signed 3 cb , so rugani should have upped his game. Of course he didn't so he became our 5th CB.
As for dybala(players are people) it only applies to him as we saw how the other players were treated by the community for refusing to leave. Apparently dybala qualifies as people and the others(manbro, matuidi, khedira, rugani, can, perin) as commodities, based on personal preferences of course.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Oh please. It's just the wisdom of the present moment. While Beppe was here he was the one who cannot sell. Coman, Vidal we got fucked by Bayern, Pogba fucked by Raiola, Tevez, Llorente how could Beppe let them go for free etc, etc.

Every team plays 433 these days. Same was Can for Liverpool.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Finally a voice of reason..
Dybala brought for 40M and had tremendous potential - People talked about him as he is going to join Messi and Ronaldo.. He had good seasons here but never made that jump in quality - Who is to blame?! Paratici?! Marotta?! Nope.. Dybala just didnt live up to his hype! He is still a great player but not the great we expected him to be..

Vidal was indeed sold for 30M - 30M is the price I expect from a player like Can... Vidal in his prime (the time we sold him) should have cost at least 80M...
Tevez - I dont think anyone could be blamed as the player wanted to leave to Argentina and we cant really ask them for 100M..

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
When Beppe was here, everyone blamed him for not being able to sell (even players that wanted to leave).

Now he is gone, Paratici cant sell either but players that want to stay and everyone hates on him and praises Beppe. Keep in mind that in Inter he loaned out Perisic, Icardi and Naingolan., Players worth more than 100m combined.

Tuz. :touched:

TueF

Jun 4, 2003
Yeah, the overreaction in this place is weird but fun to watch.

ESPN had a very good article yesterday about the lack of sales this summer. Not just from Juventus but generally:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog...-likes-of-baleneymar-and-dybala-were-not-sold

TL;DR version is this quote:

"Most of the players you mention have very high wages and long contracts; they are simply beyond the budget of all but a handful of clubs," Umberto Gandini, former Roma chief executive and European Clubs Association vice president, said. "So it's a supply and demand situation."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
When Beppe was here, everyone blamed him for not being able to sell (even players that wanted to leave).

Now he is gone, Paratici cant sell either but players that want to stay and everyone hates on him and praises Beppe. Keep in mind that in Inter he loaned out Perisic, Icardi and Naingolan., Players worth more than 100m combined.

Tuz. :touched:
I agree, the Icardi saga was 10x worse than the Dybala and they didn't receive a single penny at the end. Conte also criticized Marotta publicly during the pre-season for lack of signings and sales. So this picture of Paratici being a scrub and Marotta a saint is laughable.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I agree, the Icardi saga was 10x worse than the Dybala and they didn't receive a single penny at the end. Conte also criticized Marotta publicly during the pre-season for lack of signings and sales. So this picture of Paratici being a scrub and Marotta a saint is laughable.
but...but...but... Beppe knows what is he doing, Paratici doesnt.

Beppe who lowered the price of their best player and ended up loaning him with option, and he could have sold him last year for 100+ m.

Beppe who got sensi and barela for 70-80m combined knows what he is doing and Paratici who got Ramsey and Rabiot for free doesnt know what he is doing.

:touched:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
but...but...but... Beppe knows what is he doing, Paratici doesnt.

Beppe who lowered the price of their best player and ended up loaning him with option, and he could have sold him last year for 100+ m.

Beppe who got sensi and barela for 70-80m combined knows what he is doing and Paratici who got Ramsey and Rabiot for free doesnt know what he is doing.

:touched:
So there is hope after-all.. :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i said in my mercato recap that it's basically a usual juventus mercato from the andrea agnelli era, not worse, not better.

in one regard beppe was much better than paratici: transparency and consistency. players never complained publicly. back in the days, i bet licht already knew weeks before that he was gonna be excluded from the cl list, and he had time to prepare an adequate statement. now can probably knew that his inclusion was in the balance, but bild's question caught him by surprise and gave a damaging interview before releasing his proper statement. this is on the club, be it paratici or sarri, i don't care. in the beppe days, we never had any fuckups like that ridiculous statement about cr rape allegations, the coach saga (releasing allegri too early, then waiting for sarri like he's the second coming of lippi), or this emre can case. also about consistency: rugani received a new contract, rumors said he's about to sign an other one, then booom, some months later he finds himself on the market, because paratici was unable to sell some unwanted players. dybala is one of our most important franchise players (in fact, 2nd more important behind cr), still, you can't follow how the club handled him. it's unprofessional, and real madrid doing more or less the same with james and bale doesn't make it look much better.

i admit that it's a steep learning curve, but a club's transparency and consistency are just as important as its finances or squad. i hope paratici will improve on these as he gains more experience. at least his plans were transparent when he forgot his notes in that hotel :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)