7/10.
Positives:
Acquiring De Ligt, Demiral, Ramsey, Rabiot
Not selling Pjanic, Berna, Costa, Dybala, Sandro
Negatives:
Despicable attempt to force Dybala out.
Failure to sell Matuidi, Khedira, Mandzu, Cuadrado
Selling Kean, Cancelo
Sums it up pretty good. Would only add trying to buy Lukaku under negative, and probably remove Cuad. Its fine to keep him IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Considering the circumstances of the moment, it's not a bad job. There is a small problem of how we got here though. Having to sell so many 30+ year old players, in the first place, is a problem.

Dybala is also an issue for me. Still no place for him in the team? Such a predictable scenario too. As soon as we signed Ronaldo, there is no place for him. Should have sold a while ago. Probably when you signed Ronaldo right? Keeping so much capital on the bench is so inefficient.

I mean, surely when you tell Max you are signing CR7, you are going to ask, "Well how will you set up the team?" Then he tells you there's no way Dybala is a #9. So just sell. Easy equation.

Then you fire coach and next coach says Higuain is the #9 because you can't sell Higuain anyways, and also he's preferred. So again, sell Dybala. Not on last day of mercato. Before.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
5.5/10

Started so well but the inability to sell coupled with poor swap deals and huge vulnerabilities in defence both centrally and on the flanks is a concern.

1 injury to Sandro and we actually have no natural replacement. Such poor planning.

Still can’t forgive the Kean sale for such a bad price

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Bad extensions...
Took long time in hiring a manager and didn't got the main candidate (Dont buy that crap that Sarri was the first on the list)...
Good Signings...
Awful in the sales department...
A mess with Dybala that can still hurt us in the future...
No communication between Coach and Management...

6 out 10 and I´m been generous...

First time since I'm a Juventus fan that I said "Thank God the transfer window is closed"... not even with Secco I felt that way (not saying that Paratici is worst than Secco)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The most upseting rumor was Dybala Lukaku swap. Id have preferred selling Dybala and using money on a genuine world class midfielder. Several players that dont fit Sarri's plan remained, so that as well brings the grade down for me. We made excellent purchases in defense though. Overall it was decent mercato 6.5/10.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
7/10.
Positives:
Acquiring De Ligt, Demiral, Ramsey, Rabiot
Not selling Pjanic, Berna, Costa, Dybala, Sandro
Negatives:
Despicable attempt to force Dybala out.
Failure to sell Matuidi, Khedira, Mandzu, Cuadrado
Selling Kean, Cancelo
7/10 for me too

Though, I’m not terribly upset about the Danilo/Cancelo swap as some are. Doubt Danilo can be any worse than Cancelo

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
6/10

Positives:
Brought youth to defense department Demiral,De Ligt and Romero will be our future
I agree keeping Costa,Sandro and Pjanic was vital I was afraid they'd sell them since we coudn't offload deadwood.

Negatives:
Failing to sell Mandzukic and Dybala when it was almost done
Not being able to sell players and get money.
Cancelo = 28m+ Danilo which we were forced to accept.
Spinazzola= 29.5m but valuing Pellegrini 21m and loaning him out immediatly.
Not being able to get rid for any fee Khedira and Matuidi which are a huge chunk in our books
Getting small fee for Kean. We're the only ones unable to sell a 19years good kid for a decent fee.
Still having problems in the midfield since Rabiot and Ramsey for a reason or another aren't adding anything to the team.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
It can be 8/10 with current mercato with addition

Sell : Perin, Mandzukic, Matuidi/Khedira (or both)

Get Rodrigo De Paul from Udinese, he can be play as midfield, as winger, this will add depth in case of injury and keep Lorenzo Pelegrini

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
A 8/10 for me with a possiblity of 8.5 if danilo comes good

Goalkeepers we improved as buffon is better than perin
Defenders - we slighty improved but selling spina was not a good move and we have don't have depth in the fullback department.
Midfield - we improved by adding Ramsey and Rabiot.
Attack - we improved as higuain is better than kean currently.
The only failure of this mercato can come from our inability to dispose of some players who decided to stay ,but even that has a silver lining because we have more options to choose from like Manbro third option at cf.
I also think that we are going to regret not selling dybala as although he is wc used right, our current system doesn't favor him at all.

Epic

Jan 7, 2013
I give this mercato 8/10.

We acquired:

Buffon – great back up keeper, immense locker room presence'

Higuain – the first two games show, that he is regaining his old form. If so, he is one of the best strikers around;

Rabiot – a very strong midfielder, with great technique, someone we were really missing last year.

Ramsey – a very good roaming midfielder, the only concern is his health;

De Ligt – generational talent in defense;

Demiral – had a great preseason. There is a chance, he will develop into a quality CB.

Danilo – a question mark at this point, he has the talent, let's hope, he will find his Porto form;

Pellegrini – loaned out.

Song - Juve B.

Even though, we had a great roster last year, we have strengthened every single department with quality players. Show me at least two teams with better players coming in.

We gave away:

Spinazzola – played only a couple of games last season. Was a fringe player.

Kean – the same, although very talented. Last year of contract. Raiola.

Caceres – the same + was very bad;

Barzagli – retired.

Cancelo – has a huge offensive talent, but did not play a significant role last season. Crucial mistake in the Ajax game.

We have not lost a single first team player (with the exception of maybe Cancelo, who was a liability last year). All the people who moan about our grave losses are looking only at potential that was never realized at Juventus. Neither Spinazzola nor Kean or Cancelo played a significant role in our team. If they realized their potential (and this is a big if), they could make us stronger, but their departure has not weakened us compared to last year.

Our teams:

First:

Szczesny

Danilo-Bonucci-De Ligt-Sandro

Ramsey-Pjanic-Rabiot

Costa-Higuain-Ronaldo

Reserve:

Buffon

Cuadrado-Demiral-Rugani-De Sciglio + (Capitano injured)

Khedira-Bentancur-Matuidi / Emre Can

Bernardeschi-Dybala-Mandzukic

It is a great team. It has quality and quantity. It has the GOAT.

Some people look at the mercato through failed sales. It is obvious, that Paratici wanted to sell Higuain, Dybala, Khedira, Madzukic and Matuidi. Probably we would have gotten Icardi / Lukaku and a midfielder, if we managed to do it. But given the great promise showed by Higuain and the fact that Dybala is a better player than Icardi / Lukaku should we really regret those failed sales? Is it really such a bad thing that we can turn to players like Mandzukic, Matuidi or Khedira, when Ramsey or others are injured? I would say not and that is why I think we had a very strong mercato and have a very strong team.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
We’re still a work in progress. I’m happy with our signings. And once we clear what we need, we strengthen again. This isn’t football manager where you can oust a load of players at a drop of a hat.

8/10 from me. We’ve strengthened and sorted out or defensive future which was a concern for me last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)