vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
romero from genoa?
Ah, you are right. Forgot about the shady Sturaro deal. Nice backup i guess - if he was here. Truth is we could have very well been left with BonBon, DeLigt and Demiral now. Lucky us, Fabio can't sell and Raguno is still here.

What i mean is: Great planning by Fabio. Always a step ahead. Credit where credit is due.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i know, but with him there are 3 defenders bought
That 3rd defender does us no good if he can't play here this season. And as @DAiDEViL said, only the lack of interest in Rugani is now giving us any semblance of depth. We were trying to sell him knowing full well we would have only 4 CB's this season, at best.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
That 3rd defender does us no good if he can't play here this season. And as @DAiDEViL said, only the lack of interest in Rugani is now giving us any semblance of depth. We were trying to sell him knowing full well we would have only 4 CB's this season, at best.
Yeah but it was totally the right time to rebuild the backline and Paratici did that very well.

As for injuries, you can't predict what's going to happen or when. It made sense to sell Rugani because 5 CBs is too many, now we're good.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah but it was totally the right time to rebuild the backline and Paratici did that very well.

As for injuries, you can't predict what's going to happen or when. It made sense to sell Rugani because 5 CBs is too many, now we're good.
Yeah. We're great. Our captain and most vital player on the backline is out for 6 months, and now we are forced to keep the marshmallow. The same marshmallow we were trying to sell knowing full well that the same defender who is our captain, is also quite injury prone

Couldn't be better

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I was :sad: He has it in him to overcome this, he's strong mentally, but hopefully his body won't let him down afterward
If Baggio came back after 4 months with medical technology in 2001 that is nowhere near as good as 2019, Giorgio can come back as well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
3? Who am i missing?

Also keep in mind, Rugani would be long gone if a team handed over the money. It's a lucky coincidence that he's still here, not masterful planning.

And Calma.
Romero but he ain’t here he is one for ze future

Calma + Can = Calna

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly why 5 CBs should be our goal when we are a club this size playing on 3 fronts.

Chiellini was injury prone as it is, plus any other injuries we are likely to pick up plus suspensions and resting players, it was important. I didn't agree necessarily that Rugani should be sold if we didn't bring another CB. I don't trust Can as a CB even though its nice he can fill in in the event of an emergency.

Romero should have stayed.

- - - Updated - - -

The last thing you want a team that's trying to win the CL is to have their defense fall apart. Huge loss, bar Ronaldo, losing Chiellini is the WORST player we could have lost and the nightmare scenario is real now. Our captain and best defender...literally the guy that makes the backline work, is out for half a friggin year. He won't be fit again to play probably until April. What is that Quarters or Semis in CL?

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Swapping players now creates income by paying less taxes.
Why wouldn't we play same less taxes on existing players' salaries?

Can anyone verify this?

- - - Updated - - -

Romero but he ain’t here he is one for ze future

Calma + Can = Calna

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly why 5 CBs should be our goal when we are a club this size playing on 3 fronts.

Chiellini was injury prone as it is, plus any other injuries we are likely to pick up plus suspensions and resting players, it was important. I didn't agree necessarily that Rugani should be sold if we didn't bring another CB. I don't trust Can as a CB even though its nice he can fill in in the event of an emergency.

Romero should have stayed.

- - - Updated - - -

The last thing you want a team that's trying to win the CL is to have their defense fall apart. Huge loss, bar Ronaldo, losing Chiellini is the WORST player we could have lost and the nightmare scenario is real now. Our captain and best defender...literally the guy that makes the backline work, is out for half a friggin year. He won't be fit again to play probably until April. What is that Quarters or Semis in CL?
Think the idea was to sign a player who can play both CB and LB?

With Rugani staying and Chiellini injured, we still need that player.

Chiellini essentially a non-factor this season (besides depth last two months), and likely, won't be a starter again.

We can't catch a break.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Yeah. We're great. Our captain and most vital player on the backline is out for 6 months, and now we are forced to keep the marshmallow. The same marshmallow we were trying to sell knowing full well that the same defender who is our captain, is also quite injury prone

Couldn't be better

- - - Updated - - -

If Baggio came back after 4 months with medical technology in 2001 that is nowhere near as good as 2019, Giorgio can come back as well.
I understand the disappointment but not really the complaints. From the management point of view everything was done right.

It sucks we lost Chiellini, especially one day before the Napoli game. It is what it is though, good thing we've got De Ligt and Demiral around. I guess this event forces Juve to speed up the generational change in the defense.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Why wouldn't we play same less taxes on existing players' salaries?

Can anyone verify this?

- - - Updated - - -

Think the idea was to sign a player who can play both CB and LB?

With Rugani staying and Chiellini injured, we still need that player.

Chiellini essentially a non-factor this season (besides depth last two months), and likely, won't be a starter again.

We can't catch a break.
The tax law applies on new contracts only

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)