vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
1566919844861.png

Remember when Milan had a great squad and they began to sign old timers and then we were all teasing them because of that... yeah... we are going to the same place... and with Paratici in charge its like "driving happy to get crash"... Karma its a b$&$%

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
1566919844861.png

Remember when Milan had a great squad and they began to sign old timers and then we were all teasing them because of that... yeah... we are going to the same place... and with Paratici in charge its like "driving happy to get crash"... Karma its a b$&$%
We've made measures to stop that already. In the extremely unlikely scenario we were to take sell every old player next summer;

Buffon (41) >>> Audero (22)
Chiellini (35) >>> Demiral (21)
Bonucci (32) >>> De Ligt (20)
Matuidi (32) >>> Rabiot (24)
Khedira (32) >>> Can (25)

The forwards are the age issue:
Mandzukic (33), Ronaldo (34), Higuain (31). We will certainly go out and sign someone high profile when Ronaldo leaves, and the same for at least one of the two others. That's how the mercato is headed next summer.

We've had one of the oldest squads pretty much since forever. Bringing Buffon back alone has bumped our average up lol. As will taking Moise Kean out of the equation.

We tend to buy more experienced, established players than other teams because we're harder to improve, and we did that going back to the Vialli days, Nedved, Thuram and Salas, Higuain and now Ramsey.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
We've made measures to stop that already. In the extremely unlikely scenario we were to take sell every old player next summer;

Buffon (41) >>> Audero (22)
Chiellini (35) >>> Demiral (21)
Bonucci (32) >>> De Ligt (20)
Matuidi (32) >>> Rabiot (24)
Khedira (32) >>> Can (25)

The forwards are the age issue:
Mandzukic (33), Ronaldo (34), Higuain (31). We will certainly go out and sign someone high profile when Ronaldo leaves, and the same for at least one of the two others. That's how the mercato is headed next summer.

We've had one of the oldest squads pretty much since forever. Bringing Buffon back alone has bumped our average up lol. As will taking Moise Kean out of the equation.

We tend to buy more experienced, established players than other teams because we're harder to improve, and we did that going back to the Vialli days, Nedved, Thuram and Salas, Higuain and now Ramsey.
Ok lets see...

I cant probably bet that we will never see Audero in bianconero... we sold him and as far as I know we dont have any option to buy him whatsoever...

Demiral... if Paratici has his way probaby send him to Milan.

with De Ligt and Rabiot we do have great youngsters... the problem is Bonucci and Matuidi, and the fact that Paratici cant sell for sh$%

Can... well, seems to me that with Sarri he will be sold in January.

Im sorry if I sound pesimist... but nothing that has done Paratici or our management has made me believe that we are thinking in the future... in fact quite the oposite.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Ok lets see...

I cant probably bet that we will never see Audero in bianconero... we sold him and as far as I know we dont have any option to buy him whatsoever...

Demiral... if Paratici has his way probaby send him to Milan.

with De Ligt and Rabiot we do have great youngsters... the problem is Bonucci and Matuidi, and the fact that Paratici cant sell for sh$%

Can... well, seems to me that with Sarri he will be sold in January.

Im sorry if I sound pesimist... but nothing that has done Paratici or our management has made me believe that we are thinking in the future... in fact quite the oposite.
who cares how old a backup goal keeper is, Woj has no intention of leaving and can preform at a high level for the next >5 years, its irrelevant, All the Demiral sales stuff is just rumours, i don't think he is getting sold days after his press conference, Bonucci is not old for a cb, especially one with no pace to begin with.

We obviously saw our CB department aging and bought two <22 year old internationals, all our cm signings last window are <30, saying that nothing we have done is thinking in the future is just laughable, and im not happy with how Paratici has been doing things recently either.

If we sell Can, Bentancur and Demiral like some rumours are stating then ill gladly change my mind but as of yet nothing has happened.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
who cares how old a backup goal keeper is, Woj has no intention of leaving and can preform at a high level for the next >5 years, its irrelevant, All the Demiral sales stuff is just rumours, i don't think he is getting sold days after his press conference, Bonucci is not old for a cb, especially one with no pace to begin with.

We obviously saw our CB department aging and bought two <22 year old internationals, all our cm signings last window are <30, saying that nothing we have done is thinking in the future is just laughable, and im not happy with how Paratici has been doing things recently either.

If we sell Can, Bentancur and Demiral like some rumours are stating then ill gladly change my mind but as of yet nothing has happened.
Most of us jumped the gun at those rumors. Mercato was good overall although imo our biggest weakness, midfield, wasnt adressed properly. So far Fabio gets passing grade.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I hate this retarded logic of only selling the most valuable players based on the capital gain we make on them.
Rugani may only get us 25 million in return but his worth to the team is zero, especially if we keep Demiral. Demiral may fetch us 40 mil right now, but he will be much more valuable to the pitch.
Same with Matuidi, Mandzukic and Khedira. They may only go for 5-10 million max, but add the numbers for these 4 players and we get around 40-50 million total. Not to mention, around 25-30 million a year in wages. It would be utterly stupid to keep these guys and sell Bentancur or Can just because we're getting more money.
Besides, the values of Matuidi, Mandzu and Khedira will only go down every year, and so will what they can offer on the pitch. Can and Bentancur will only increase in value if they play regularly.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
problem is the unwanted won't leave on their own will
Why will they leave on their own will? They play in a big club with good salary... AND the coach does use them on the team!

Clear example... Matuidi... he is an "Unwanted" player to the management but he starts the season in the starting line up and plays the hole game...

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Well this is a kind of ironic situation really. We were some time ago in a place that none wanted to join us. We wanted to make a team that everyone wanted to join. And we did it. On the same time though this is a team that nobody wants to leave.

We have indeed created a very exciting team that nobody really wants to leave.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Defense, midfield, attack, even GK all improved.

Mercato hasn't been perfect, squad is bloated, but all this negativity would make one think we had usual Milan level mercato and didn't sign de Ligt when it's overall been decent.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Defense, midfield, attack, even GK all improved.

Mercato hasn't been perfect, squad is bloated, but all this negativity would make one think we had usual Milan level mercato and didn't sign de Ligt when it's overall been decent.
The majority of the recent perception of the mercato is based on rumors that have been flying around (Dybala for Lukaku, inability to sell any surplus to requirements, fear of selling players like Demiral, etc). Other than that our purchases have been pretty good, though I was still hoping for more of a focus on the midfield.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
A
The majority of the recent perception of the mercato is based on rumors that have been flying around (Dybala for Lukaku, inability to sell any surplus to requirements, fear of selling players like Demiral, etc). Other than that our purchases have been pretty good, though I was still hoping for more of a focus on the midfield.
Also freaked out bc of Cancelo and Spinazzola sales.

Nothing definitive on why they were traded. Could've been Cancelo's lack of professionalism coupled with inept defending or Spin's injuries, potential tactical misfit under Sarri, or one of Raiola's demands for de Ligt.

But the herd decided to focus on the possible negative reasons and then they became gospel truth.

I wonder what the reaction was when Sarri said he'd never seen a club so detailed and planned in approach after the herd came to conclusion that they fired Allegri without thinking things through or plans and that they were panicking lol.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I agree that the cancelo and Spina sales are defendable but still it is pretty frustrating to see De Sciglio bombing down the right against Parma, unable to take advantage, when Cancelo wouldve raped them given that space.

Doug C may not be at his best cutting in on the right but he creates miles of space for the RB.

hopefully Danilo can do better here than his previous two clubs but a lolzillian past 25? they rarely get better

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Again bashing MDS, but no agenda :lol: :p

I wonder how would u rate Cancelo's last season? He had abundance of space but rarely took advantage of it so I dont see why it would have been any different against Parma. I consider selling him as the best move of the summer. De Ligt's purchase comes close second.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
So, Paratici used to be a head of the scouting department, i.e. the one who brings players to the club. He had nothing to do with selling players (unlike Marotta). Now he does decent job bringing new players to the club but is disproportionately weak at selling those the club doesn't need anymore. It doesn't lift any responsibility from his shoulders, but it kind of makes sense :shifty:.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
So, Paratici used to be a head of the scouting department, i.e. the one who brings players to the club. He had nothing to do with selling players (unlike Marotta). Now he does decent job bringing new players to the club but is disproportionately weak at selling those the club doesn't need anymore. It doesn't lift any responsibility from his shoulders, but it kind of makes sense :shifty:.
You are right on this , but I should add that it is apparently difficult to sell on our terms.
Rugani's transfer comes to mind, with roma wanting option to buy and us obligation.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I should add that it is apparently difficult to sell on our terms.
To be fair, it's always difficult to sell on your terms unless you're willing to sell for peanuts. The other party always wants to get more for less, that's why great sales (including the difficult ones) require great salesmen. It takes years to become one.

Agnelli shouldn't have left Paratici on his own with sales, even if the latter declared his readiness for full autonomy. Especially not for the period when a lot of difficult sales were about to be added to the agenda. That's probably Agnelli's fault as a manager.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Il nuovo amore, black mamba

- - - Updated - - -

1566919844861.png

Beppe brought Mandzo, Pipa, Khedira, Matuidi.

Fabio first summer brought Rabiot, Ramsey, MDL, Demiral, Pellegrini so it's not everything on him. Now the Dybala and Kean saga are quite something

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)