vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let's see first how Danilo & Sandro do now that they are back together. We might be surprised then again, you might end up being right. They essentially have a free role to attack now, hopefully they rediscover their Porto form.

Our midfield is stronger than last year for sure, but not as strong as many of us would like. Nedved said something about taking advantage of market opportunities so maybe we will get a late surprise.
If that's the case we should not say a word and only wait and see how things fare. I am basing my judgement as of things stand as I always do. Alex Sandro was below average the past two seasons and Danilo has been benched the past three.

The same can be said about the midfield and also stronger than last year is not saying much because we do not know how much stronger.

The only wait one can wait is the end of the mercato as it is still open and we might do more deals. I have my doubts but I can wait on that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
1. Fullbacks. Let's hope that Alex Sandro gets back to the level he was at two years ago. Let's hope that Danilo gets back to the level he was at four years ago. Let's hope that injury-prone (and not the best candidates for a fullback position even when they're fit) De Sciglio and Cuadrado aren't injured when they're needed as backups for those two mentioned above.

2. Midfield. Let's hope that Ramsey isn't injured and is at his best form when it's important. Let's hope that Rabiot doesn't change his mind about the Juventus project. Let's hope that Khedira isn't injured. Let's hope that Matuidi doesn't ruin Sarri's football flow. Let's hope Bentancur finally grows to the level he was expected to be at last year. Let's hope Can forgets how to be Sturaro. Let''s hope Pjanic isn't exhausted before January again.

I don't know, guys, it looks almost like gambling to me, and it's definitely far from the solutions the competent management of the big club like Juventus can be satisfied with. This construction they've built so far is too fragile to be considered solid.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
1. Fullbacks. Let's hope that Alex Sandro gets back to the level he was at two years ago. Let's hope that Danilo gets back to the level he was at four years ago. Let's hope that injury-prone (and not the best candidates for a fullback position even when they're fit) De Sciglio and Cuadrado aren't injured when they're needed as backups for those two mentioned above.

2. Midfield. Let's hope that Ramsey isn't injured and is at his best form when it's important. Let's hope that Rabiot doesn't change his mind about the Juventus project. Let's hope that Khedira isn't injured. Let's hope that Matuidi doesn't ruin Sarri's football flow. Let's hope Bentancur finally grows to the level he was expected to be at last year. Let's hope Can forgets how to be Sturaro. Let''s hope Pjanic isn't exhausted before January again.

I don't know, guys, it looks almost like gambling to me, and it's definitely far from the solutions the competent management of the big club like Juventus can be satisfied with. This construction they've built so far is too fragile to be considered solid.
We have a great coach who plays attacking football

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Are we putting ourselves in the best position to win the CL? No!

We obviously can't buy whoever we want, but we should putting ourselves in the best possible position to win the CL, and this squad, while potentially better than last season, doesn't put us in the best possible position to win. There are glaring weaknesses that I hope will be addressed before the Mercato is over, but I don't harbor much hope. I just hope this guy doesn't fuck shit up further with retarded sales below market value, just for the sake of Plusvalenza.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I can't escape the feeling we are making the same mistakes in Europe some teams in Italy do trying to win the title or get back to glory like Napoli or Milan. I feel we want this instant success, we keep rushing things and buying players we maybe don't need, strengthening one position while weakening the other. That's not how you win in Europe. I know everyone likes to pretend there's this magical solution and way to win in Europe by playing only attacking football and nothing less, but the truth is all teams who won in recent memory have a few things in common only:

- each team had great or at worst very good players at each position, no exceptions
- each team was together for a few years, with minor sales or targeted acquisitions
- each team needed and had a great amount of luck and health arriving at the final stages

We only had that one year, in 2015. Everything since has been just inventing things on the go, signing players who don't fit so we have to change 10 formations before finding the right one. Strengthening one position while weakening the other.

We can't keep doing this shit over and over again. If Allegri is staying give him a 5 year extension and cut the crap and speculation every year. Same if a new coach is coming.

Also, how about keeping a team together for a few years instead of changing half the team each year and then the other half gets injured during the season. How about changing the medical team for once?

How about tailoring a team for one, maybe two formations max. How about having a clear hierarchy who's in the first team and who's coming off the bench. How about giving a coach clear cut roster so he doesn't have to switch the striker to a winger or a striker to midfielder.

How about singing technical, fast, smart players and getting rid of all the opposite ones? You look at all the CL winners in the last decade, there's not one Matuidi type on the whole roster, let alone being a key player. And I love Blaise, but he can't be a first team player not because he's bad but because he doesn't fit with anyone. The only really good thing he gives us is running and protecting Pjanić. He can't relieve pressure, he can't combine with Sandro or Ronaldo on the left side. Same with Khedira, Bentancur on the other side.

Bayern, RM, Barcelona, Inter, Chelsea...all had 11 players who can do anything with the ball, who can play both ways, they were healthy, they had everything right. We sign Ronaldo and leave the job half done instead of going balls deep with real midfield. When I remember those teams I always think of so many great players who were truly world class, who had character, who had strength and technique in one, who were the whole package. Honestly, how many guys from this years team can we do that with in 5 years? I still remember how great Vidal and Pogba and Tevez and Pirlo and Lichtsteiner were, rock fucking solid. We have almost no complete players, who can do multiple things well and just play, and play smart. I swore by Bernardeschi this season but he played the worst game I've ever seen by someone in our jersey the other day.

For years we let players walk for free or under price because they asked to leave. Now we suddenly hold Sandro hostage who couldn't care less anymore? We let Del Piero, Marchisio, Buffon go (right decisions) because they couldn't give their best but extend Khedira, MM, Barzagli?

And how about stop fucking talking about CL on every occasion. There hasn't been a single interview this season by the coach, player or executive who hasn't mentioned CL. Do they feel the need to patronize the fans with that shit? How much pressure can you put on yourself? Agnelli, Allegri and players continued talking about next season immediately after the game ffs.

That's not Juve style, never has been. We always worked quietly and patiently and stroke when the opportunity was right. What's going to change next season? Are Chiesa and Zaniolo and Felix going to make a difference? Are we going to leave Dybala who doesn't fit, are we going to double down on 16 hundred right wingers and leave Mario on the left again? Again, we can't keep doing this shit and expect different results. If you're gonna talk about CL out of your ass at every turn then do something concrete about it. I love the young guys we keep getting linked to, but if they're gonna leave Allegri and obsess about CL again next year then we need Kroos, Saul, Kante. We need another Tevez or Cavani up front, we need a Godin in defence, we need another Lichtsteiner and Evra at full backs, a complete and fully motivated team.

I'm sick and tired of having my expectations go through the roof every year and it turns out to be fools gold. I'm an eternal optimist, but even I had my fill. Finish the job you started with Ronaldo, sell Matuidi's and Khedira's of the team, let Sandro go finally, sign WC players or just shut the fuck up about your 'objectives'.
What I said a few months ago and nothing changed. These people honestly thought they can just change the coach, do the same crap they've been doing for years and be just fine... There's absolutely zero continuity or desire for continuity in how they work, who they sign or who they sell.

To be clear, I don't think they did a horrible job overall simply in terms of WHO they signed. De Ligt, Demiral, Ramsey and Rabiot are all good players, seem a good fit with the coach and actually fit the needs and improve the team. But there's still no WC player in midfield or attack. There's still a job halfway done - strengthen one position, weaken the other.

Why did they sell Spinazzola for Pellegrini and then let the latter go on loan? Are they fucking serious with having MDS and Cuadrado as important players at fullback positions? Why the hell did they not only extend Khedira and Mario but give them big raises to the point no one's crazy to offer them that if their intention was to try and banish them from the club?

Overall I don't think it's a bad team, I don't think it's weaker than last season, but it's just so frustrating when you have no clue who's staying, who's going, no trust in them actually keeping players and buying just 2-3 positions we really need. Why is it so fucking impossible to do what Liverpool did - see you have needs at GK, CB and DM and spend money on actual WC players while keeping the existing ones? That's logic 101. Not for some.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
What I said a few months ago and nothing changed. These people honestly thought they can just change the coach, do the same crap they've been doing for years and be just fine... There's absolutely zero continuity or desire for continuity in how they work, who they sign or who they sell.

To be clear, I don't think they did a horrible job overall simply in terms of WHO they signed. De Ligt, Demiral, Ramsey and Rabiot are all good players, seem a good fit with the coach and actually fit the needs and improve the team. But there's still no WC player in midfield or attack. There's still a job halfway done - strengthen one position, weaken the other.

Why did they sell Spinazzola for Pellegrini and then let the latter go on loan? Are they fucking serious with having MDS and Cuadrado as important players at fullback positions? Why the hell did they not only extend Khedira and Mario but give them big raises to the point no one's crazy to offer them that if their intention was to try and banish them from the club?

Overall I don't think it's a bad team, I don't think it's weaker than last season, but it's just so frustrating when you have no clue who's staying, who's going, no trust in them actually keeping players and buying just 2-3 positions we really need. Why is it so fucking impossible to do what Liverpool did - see you have needs at GK, CB and DM and spend money on actual WC players while keeping the existing ones? That's logic 101. Not for some.
A little bit negative to be honest. No WC player in attack? Well some would say Ronaldo is WC, some would even say he is the best attacker of all-time. Then we have Douglas Costa, Dybala, Higuain who all are very good players, Dybala and Costa if they are used right and get the right form, they could give us a big hand this season, even Higuain who I wanted out, can perfom at a high level.

The midfield yes more could have been done, still Pjanic is considered by many to be a top player, maby not an elite player like Modric but still a very good one. For me it's more about finding the right chemistry, balance, and tactical approach.

Just look at Liverpool, is Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita WC players? On paper we have equal quality I would say. What matters most is the approach of the coach, and how the players perform in the specific philosofy of the coach.

If Sarri can find the right eleven, and find a good chemistry between the players, then we could be a very dangerous team next year.

My english is broken haha, I hope you understand my points.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
A little bit negative to be honest. No WC player in attack? Well some would say Ronaldo is WC, some would even say he is the best attacker of all-time. Then we have Douglas Costa, Dybala, Higuain who all are very good players, Dybala and Costa if they are used right and get the right form, they could give us a big hand this season, even Higuain who I wanted out, can perfom at a high level.

The midfield yes more could have been done, still Pjanic is considered by many to be a top player, maby not an elite player like Modric but still a very good one. For me it's more about finding the right chemistry, balance, and tactical approach.

Just look at Liverpool, is Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita WC players? On paper we have equal quality I would say. What matters most is the approach of the coach, and how the players perform in the specific philosofy of the coach.

If Sarri can find the right eleven, and find a good chemistry between the players, then we could be a very dangerous team next year.

Totally this. People are obsessed with top players coming every year yet they forget football is a team sport. It's also about chemistry at the highest level. The Liverpool example exactly shows you that.

Oh and BTW. no WC in attack - CR7 says hi. De Ligt coming this Summer is totally a top player signing. Rabiot will surprise many people I think.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
People keep saying that Liverpools midfield is not good,
but its literally perfect for how Klopp plays, that the important part, they run around like headless chickens and try to get the ball back a$ap, then just give it to the WC attack and let them work their magic, its not like he is asking Henderson and Milner to dink passes across the field and do quick 1-2's

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
People keep saying that Liverpools midfield is not good,
but its literally perfect for how Klopp plays, that the important part, they run around like headless chickens and try to get the ball back a$ap, then just give it to the WC attack and let them work their magic, its not like he is asking Henderson and Milner to dink passes across the field and do quick 1-2's
In the middle they have more rounded players. They dont have exceptional technique like Pjanic, or stamina like Matuidi. But they also dont have significant flaws like the two above. Pjanic after 60 minutes looks like a dead man, he also cant press efficiently, while Matuidi whenever in possession looks like Bambi on ice.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
No WC player in attack...right.

I obviously meant no WC signings in those positions when I said no WC players in midfield and attack. Thought it was understood from context.

I agree with you about Liverpool midfield (although I consider Fabinho WC in his role), but as other have pointed out their players fit together, they're not exceptional at anything, but they're not horrible at anything either. They have balance and continuity. All of those are major flaws in our team.

I like Ramsey and Rabiot, let's see what Sarri does with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)