vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The "let's-wait-until-the-mercato-ends" approach was kind of fair when it was mid-July or so. But the season starts tomorrow. Even if Paratici manages to fix everything during the last mercato week, it's already a mess, and in any case we'll likely be talking only about the magnitude of this mess and how exactly it influenced the club.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The "let's-wait-until-the-mercato-ends" approach was kind of fair when it was mid-July or so. But the season starts tomorrow. Even if Paratici manages to fix everything during the last mercato week, it's already a mess, and in any case we'll likely be talking only about the magnitude of this mess and how exactly it influenced the club.
It's a mess?

I say not being able to sell certain players is an issue but I don't think it makes it a mess. We still have a stacked lineup & bench, but it is an issue when it comes to CL selection.

I'd say more disappointing in closure than a mess.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
What mess?

We improved our CB department and midfield.

If we manage to sell one or two players we are set.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What mess?

We improved our CB department and midfield.

If we manage to sell one or two players we are set.
The dybala thing was messy, sure. We signed arguably the best CB prospect of this generation...and another fantastic CB in Demiral. Even trade I'd say with Danily/Cancelo, many will argue with that but all well. Our midfield is stronger.

Biggest issue is he didn't sell the deadweight (yet).

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's a mess?

I say not being able to sell certain players is an issue but I don't think it makes it a mess. We still have a stacked lineup & bench, but it is an issue when it comes to CL selection.

I'd say more disappointing in closure than a mess.
I still think we have a relatively weak midfield and in total below average wingbacks.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
1. The club sold/tried to sell not the players they wanted to sell, but those who were in demand most. It looks like they don't have a cohesive vision of what team they want to build, money is all that matters.

2. The midfield has been a headache for years, and they once again tried to fix it at low cost with players who had their distinctive flaws, like any cheap solution has (Rabiot has a highly unpredictable personality and toxic environment, Ramsey is injury-prone). Pogba? Eriksen? SMS? Rakitic? Didn't happen and most likely won't happen.

3. They fixed CB but the flanks are worse now. The same old issue: they improved one part of the team at the expense of the other.

4. From the PR perspective it was the worst management I've seen in many years in football in general. It looks like they don't know how to handle this matter at all. They keep their mouths shut even when the situation reaches beyond the point when it cannot damage the club's reputation (see the Dybala situation).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I still think we have a relatively weak midfield and in total below average wingbacks.
Let's see first how Danilo & Sandro do now that they are back together. We might be surprised then again, you might end up being right. They essentially have a free role to attack now, hopefully they rediscover their Porto form.

Our midfield is stronger than last year for sure, but not as strong as many of us would like. Nedved said something about taking advantage of market opportunities so maybe we will get a late surprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)