Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Grosso is shit. How many times must I repeat myself? He plays for the Azzurri because Lippi is biased and has his favorites. If I were building an Azzurri squad for the 2010 World Cup, I would not be starting Grosso over Criscito. He has never impressed me, and he will never be a world class player. Just because he played a few decent games, doesn't make him a quality player.
Name me a player that has been more consistent for NT since 2006 apart from Buffon. Grosso has been just great for Italy, he has impressed always (not just few times) when he has played for his nation. He has been really bad for Lyon if Fred is right, but if they want to offload him for 3-4 millions, i'd say he's definetly worth the gamble.

The funny thing is, that the big fan of passing game Andy refuses to see that Grosso actually is way more skillful in this area than any of our current defenders just because Fabio is italian :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Criscito-Chiellini-???????-Motta has the potential to be good, but it certainly isn't as good as many of Italy's previous defences.
Dint i mentioned those two gents as the single exceptions, in my post?:alen:
My point is, since we already have the only thing worth having in from Italian NT
(Criscito+Chiellini)
(actually have mare than we should, Canna+Legro)
We should not at any case acquire more of the even worse available choices left!

As for Motta, yes indeed he had a good year, but he has to repeat one before i start considering him good enough, to tie our future with him.
Thats just me, i ve always hated the one season wonders...
I havent seen enough of Motta from previous years to judge him properly and i wouldnt oppose to his signing if we cant get anyone better and already more proven for the same amount of cash we are going to need for him...

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Some do, some don't, it's dependent from playing style. Look at Rome - Panucci has been great in the last seasons, Tonetto had the best season at the age of 33. I doubt anyone would argue about the age if we would sign Gabriel Heinze, so the there probably are other reason's behind it.
What? Heinze? Mate he has been Real's worst defender, even worse than Cannavaro. Heinze is way past it, i would be completely against his transfer if i were a Juve fan.

Neither is Cristico..... but i'd take Grosso over him anyday in week

Funny thing is that Lyon's manager Puel in the last couple of months decided to choose Kallstrom over Grosso even when the latter was fit. He's an inconsistent player, Criscito on the other hand had a fairly consistent season in the more challenging Serie A.

Name me a player that has been more consistent for NT since 2006 apart from Buffon. Grosso has been just great for Italy, he has impressed always (not just few times) when he has played for his nation. He has been really bad for Lyon if Fred is right, but if they want to offload him for 3-4 millions, i'd say he's definetly worth the gamble.

The funny thing is, that the big fan of passing game Andy refuses to see that Grosso actually is way more skillful in this area than any of our current defenders just because Fabio is italian :D
I'd say he's not. He can't defend for shit, and other than the big games in the CL he doesn't really play to his full potential, certainly not as good as his reputation.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Some do, some don't, it's dependent from playing style. Look at Rome - Panucci has been great in the last seasons, Tonetto had the best season at the age of 33. I doubt anyone would argue about the age if we would sign Gabriel Heinze, so the there probably are other reason's behind it.
What? Heinze? Mate he has been Real's worst defender, even worse than Cannavaro. Heinze is way past it, i would be completely against his transfer if i were a Juve fan.

Neither is Cristico..... but i'd take Grosso over him anyday in week

Funny thing is that Lyon's manager Puel in the last couple of months decided to choose Kallstrom over Grosso even when the latter was fit. He's an inconsistent player, Criscito on the other hand had a fairly consistent season in the more challenging Serie A.

I'd say he's not. He can't defend for shit, and other than the big games in the CL he doesn't really play to his full potential, certainly not as good as his reputation.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

I really don't give a shit about Real nor La Liga, seems like a poor example from me. But many would cream their pants if more popular player who is 31 year old would come to Juve and no one would care if he is old or not, as 31 isn't that big age. Well i've read your opinion about Grosso before, but in the more challenging NT level he has been good. He definetly isn't proven quality and would be a gamble, but if he comes cheap, than the point that he is good for Italy when playing with similar players and system, proves that he is worth those few millions Lyon would ask. Listening to you makes me think that they surely will want to get rid of him in the summer and won't probably ask much since his price have rather dropped since he came to France.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I really don't give a shit about Real nor La Liga, seems like a poor example from me. But many would cream their pants if more popular player who is 31 year old would come to Juve and no one would care if he is old or not, as 31 isn't that big age. Well i've read your opinion about Grosso before, but in the more challenging NT level he has been good. He definetly isn't proven quality and would be a gamble, but if he comes cheap, than the point that he is good for Italy when playing with similar players and system, proves that he is worth those few millions Lyon would ask. Listening to you makes me think that they surely will want to get rid of him in the summer and won't probably ask much since his price have rather dropped since he came to France.
Well no not really. They might not find a substantially better left back. Also, he is still one of the better leftbacks in the Ligue. But that's got more to do with the lack of quality leftbacks in the Ligue this year.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Well no not really. They might not find a substantially better left back. Also, he is still one of the better leftbacks in the Ligue. But that's got more to do with the lack of quality leftbacks in the Ligue this year.
Molinaro would make it for Lyon, Marseille or Bordeaux?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He would have a chance at Bordeaux. Bordeaux have a decent promising fullback, but Molinaro had that description too when he was young. He'd walk into almost every other team in the Ligue though.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
I second this.

I don't even care if he's free. His last season at Man U was pretty bad. He's gotten progressively worse since joining Real. I wouldn't want him even if Madrid were willing to pay us to take him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I second this.

I don't even care if he's free. His last season at Man U was pretty bad. He's gotten progressively worse since joining Real. I wouldn't want him even if Madrid were willing to pay us to take him.
Exactly. He has been consistently poor for a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)