Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Grosso is shit. How many times must I repeat myself? He plays for the Azzurri because Lippi is biased and has his favorites. If I were building an Azzurri squad for the 2010 World Cup, I would not be starting Grosso over Criscito. He has never impressed me, and he will never be a world class player. Just because he played a few decent games, doesn't make him a quality player.
i tend to think grosso is very good... he could come cheap, that i wouldnt mind... no more than 10 mill

OP
Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #84
    I would.

Grosso is not getting any younger and will not improve; Criscito, on the other hand, has had a stellar season, and potentially has a very bright future ahead of him. Add to that the fact that he is more versatile and will continue to grow, and the choice becomes quite obvious.

OP
    Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #85
    10 million? Are u insane? I wouldn't even pay half that amount for Grosso. 10 million for mediocrity is quite a high price.

Mar 14, 2004
    I would.

Grosso is not getting any younger and will not improve; Criscito, on the other hand, has had a stellar season, and potentially has a very bright future ahead of him. Add to that the fact that he is more versatile and will continue to grow, and the choice becomes quite obvious.

he needs continue to grow physically cuz any half-grown pussy like Pelissier and Totti will continue to torture him on physical basis over and over again....

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    10 million? Are u insane? I wouldn't even pay half that amount for Grosso. 10 million for mediocrity is quite a high price.
    he is more than mediocre... plus he plays alongside cannavaro and chiellini in the national team and they form a powerful back line...
    i am not italian and i dont care whether the players we get are italians or not.. but with grosso i know exactly what to expect.
    In other words we know what he will be like.. he is guranteed and you cannot deny that he is always a star when it comes to the italian national team.

OP
    Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #91
    I disagree. He is not always a star. He did star at the 2006 WC, but the whole Italian team was magnificent then.

The Italian backline can hardly be described as being powerful of late. I love the Azzurri, but did you see how they were dismantled by Holland at the Euros? Did you see how they were given a scare by the Romanians after that? I would hardly call their recent displays inspiring or confident either.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    I disagree. He is not always a star. He did star at the 2006 WC, but the whole Italian team was magnificent then.

The Italian backline can hardly be described as being powerful of late. I love the Azzurri, but did you see how they were dismantled by Holland at the Euros? Did you see how they were given a scare by the Romanians after that? I would hardly call their recent displays inspiring or confident either.
    Holland pwned Italy in the euros because mr. Donadoni chose to play Matterazzi rather than chiellini.
    Italy defended brilliantly through out the euro campaign after that and they managed a 0-0 draw with spain (the strongest attack on earth lol)
    when Italy played romania, Zambrottta gave mutu their only goal. If you can remember zambrotta passed the ball to mutu with his head.. it was a terrible mistake.
    I think grosso was the best of the back 4 during the euros

OP
    Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #95
    No he wasn't. Chiellini was far superior. I clearly remember the incredible Zambrotta back pass, and then laughed when Milan signed him.

As for Grosso, I just don't like the guy. I think he is vastly over rated, just like Barzagli and Zaccardo. They played well as a unit in Palermo, but they are befitting of a mid-table club, not a championship caliber team. They have sucked at their respsective clubs ever since. Perhaps Grosso is not utter shit, he may in fact be good, but not good enough for us.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    The latest Italian defensive material sux!
    It has to be the worst generation of the last 2 decades.
    Zambro Canna Nesta Maldini
    that was the last real defense the NT had, now its only Chiellini...

If we wont a solid defense we should look in other parts.
    The above mentioned defense is finished, Grosso, Oddo, Zaccardo, Barzagli etc all suck!! Criscito is the most promising material coming up, get him back and buy a foreigner!!

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    The latest Italian defensive material sux!
    It has to be the worst generation of the last 2 decades.
    Zambro Canna Nesta Maldini
    that was the last real defense the NT had, now its only Chiellini...

If we wont a solid defense we should look in other parts.
    The above mentioned defense is finished, Grosso, Oddo, Zaccardo, Barzagli etc all suck!! Criscito is the most promising material coming up, get him back and buy a foreigner!!
    Criscito-Chiellini-???????-Motta has the potential to be good, but it certainly isn't as good as many of Italy's previous defences.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)