Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
wow people here just don't accept reality :D .. first of all emotions aside, even though Trez is a WC but do we really need him with all the strikers that we have? he didn't play that much this season and he wants to leave. apart exchange with Grosso who is a player that we need wih 10mil is pretty good deal. his price may get even lower if we kept him and am pretty sure that a fit Trez would never accept the bench and will ask for a transfer. this is just a thought.

and Lion its just an opinion am not in the board to decide but guys we must face it we spent almost our whole transfer budget on Deigo so unless we part exchange or sell some player we will not get any new players.
Yeah let's trade Trez with Grosso, we could also give Camoranesi for Barzagli or Zaccardo.

:andyandbarcelona:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 30, 2006
True that.

Everybody wants Grosso just because he's an Azzurri player.
The only positive I can see is he is a vast improvement in crossing over Molinero. He got a fantastic left foot. However not worthy of swapping for Trez. Like if we swap Trez for Sagna or something I would be down.

Also I would rather see Criscito play for Juve for the next 10 years then Grosso for the next 2 or 3.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If we get grosso and not give criscito a solid chance then in my opinion that will be very foolish.

MeTaL_KnighT

Terran Maniac
Mar 3, 2009
The only positive I can see is he is a vast improvement in crossing over Molinero. He got a fantastic left foot. However not worthy of swapping for Trez. Like if we swap Trez for Sagna or something I would be down.

Also I would rather see Criscito play for Juve for the next 10 years then Grosso for the next 2 or 3.
Yes :agree: ...Criscito :quality ,Young and Developable player...Juve's Board must understand and Criscito should paly in JUVENTUS :(

DO YOU HEAR MEEE JUVENTUS' BOARD !!!!!!! :( :( :(

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
If Juve wants to win scudetto's again, than the answer to that is using their own youth. Like it is now using Marchisio mainly.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
what i really want to say is that we have to expect some sells in the summer so that we can buy. and we have to faace it that Trez is on top of this list even if don't like it

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Seriously guys, Grosso is almost 32 years old.
Since when being 31 year old is considered as a huge age for defender? It's not like we should only buy players who could play 10 years for us. And i for one want the guy because he is great in national team, where buffon, chiellini and cannavaro plays next to him, so i don't see a reason why he would suck with the same guys when playing at club level (even the formation probably will be similar). Now go and call me an Azurri fanboy, as it is some kind of crime :D Trez is the same age as Grosso and i don't consider him old, though he is forward not defender. Let's focus on present not on unrealistic 2014 squads.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Since when being 31 year old is considered as a huge age for defender?
It's not if it's a central defender you're talking about.
But here we're talking about a full back, a guy who is supposed to run more and faster than the other players.
Sure, there are examples like Cafu who are physically so well prepared and their body can still go on in full speed even in their 30's, but in most cases the full backs in their 30's can't even give 50% of what they were giving when they were in their 20's.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's not if it's a central defender you're talking about.
But here we're talking about a full back, a guy who is supposed to run more and faster than the other players.
Sure, there are examples like Cafu who are physically so well prepared and their body can still go on in full speed even in their 30's, but in most cases the full backs in their 30's can't even give 50% of what they were giving when they were in their 20's.
Some do, some don't, it's dependent from playing style. Look at Rome - Panucci has been great in the last seasons, Tonetto had the best season at the age of 33. I doubt anyone would argue about the age if we would sign Gabriel Heinze, so the there probably are other reason's behind it.

OP
Bianconero81

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #80
    Grosso is shit. How many times must I repeat myself? He plays for the Azzurri because Lippi is biased and has his favorites. If I were building an Azzurri squad for the 2010 World Cup, I would not be starting Grosso over Criscito. He has never impressed me, and he will never be a world class player. Just because he played a few decent games, doesn't make him a quality player.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)