Fabio Grosso DONE DEAL (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
you guys have got to be fucking kidding me.

We should be thankful we're even linked with him.

Consistently the best player for Italy since 2006 bar none. He oozes class and talent and you guys dont want him because hes a "temp fix?"

What the fuck does molinaro offer that Grosso cant? Gross is a million times the leftback that molinaro is and wants to be.

Sure he's a little older than most but theres no denying his quality would instantly make us a better squad both going forward and in defence. Im all for this.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
you guys have got to be fucking kidding me.

We should be thankful we're even linked with him.

Consistently the best player for Italy since 2006 bar none. He oozes class and talent and you guys dont want him because hes a "temp fix?"

What the fuck does molinaro offer that Grosso cant? Gross is a million times the leftback that molinaro is and wants to be.

Sure he's a little older than most but theres no denying his quality would instantly make us a better squad both going forward and in defence. Im all for this.
Grosso for me is like Baros. He plays so brilliantly for his NT that people who don't watch him play for his club mistake him for a good player.

Fact is, if you think Alves can't defend, Grosso is worse.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Oh i remember that game, Pjanic gave Grosso quite a hard time. What do you call that move when you flick the ball over the defender, sombrero right?

Remember that neat sombrero he did to Grosso? :shocked:

Shame he wasted a year of his career Pjanic by moving too early.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I would have thought it would be a good move. He's old, so he'll be a non-expensive short term solution while we stick around with DC/ Molinaro for a while. And he's the kind of overlapping fullback that you would need for a narrow 4-3-1-2 / 4-3-2-1 formation, so we would be halfway there.

But I've only seen him for the NT recently, so I'll take Fred's word on how sucky he is for Lyon.

Next candidate?

P.S. I think Genoa are in control with regards to Criscito, so I doubt he'll be here next season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I would have thought it would be a good move. He's old, so he'll be a non-expensive short term solution while we stick around with DC/ Molinaro for a while. And he's the kind of overlapping fullback that you would need for a narrow 4-3-1-2 / 4-3-2-1 formation, so we would be halfway there.

But I've only seen him for the NT recently, so I'll take Fred's word on how sucky he is for Lyon.

Next candidate?

P.S. I think Genoa are in control with regards to Criscito, so I doubt he'll be here next season.
I don't want to give you wrong info about Grosso. So i'll tell you this, he doesn't actually suck for Lyon. But rather he sucks when coming against decent opposition. The Ligue in general is still a rather average league so actually he holds his ground most of the time. But like i said, whenever he plays against a decent skillful winger, most of the time he fucks up.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If Diego joins and we get a coach who plays a formation to suit him, then we'll need a player like Grosso who can play the whole wing. And his understudy would be De Ceglie. Makes sense to me.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I would welcome him if we were to keep CR.
Because CR wouldnt give more chances to Criscito, than he gave to DC, to prove himself.
Grosso would be the only who would save us from the Molinaro tyranny...
But now, i see no reason for him to join us...
Criscito can be a fine promising starter and we already have two decent back ups (Moli+DC)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I don't want to give you wrong info about Grosso. So i'll tell you this, he doesn't actually suck for Lyon. But rather he sucks when coming against decent opposition. The Ligue in general is still a rather average league so actually he holds his ground most of the time. But like i said, whenever he plays against a decent skillful winger, most of the time he fucks up.
Well he was never given a fair chance at Inter and he was brilliant at Palermo, it's probably no fun to play in a defensive back-line where the most reliable defender is Boumsong, so i won't be so quick to judge whether he would be useful, he looks very good in the NT with Buffon behind him and Chiellini and Cannavaro next to him. If Lyon want to offload him, i would say he definetly is a huge improvement. We would have to keep Molinaro in that case i think and use Criscito as third CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)