Fabio Cannavaro (3 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Well, the rumors say that Mexes, Ferrari and Gila are closer to Roma than they are to us. Damn rumors....

As for Cannavaro... once again "hell yeah!!". If we had him paired up with Nesta we'd be totally unbeatable.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Gogeta ] ++
I wouldn't say pointless, he might become a san billy costacurta and play till he's 37. Or maybe not
this is juventus dear kel,not milan!!!

seems like your plyers,the older the better.

our players,most of them at least,suck this year because they are over 30....

but,i want cannavaro anyway in juve.
won't be bad at all...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Canna has a decent 2 years in him. Then why not bring him to Turin. But i cant understand how this would help the rebuilding process. Old guys are sold. And old guys are bought.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
He's over 30, and that goes against him, but then I remember that our starters for quite a few games this season were Iuliano and Legrottaglie. I'd definitely welcome him with open arms granted that a young defender (Mexes or Ferrari) comes with him.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Cannavaro would help the defense greatly, but only for a few years. We MUST buy some young defenders this summer.
Exactly. A central defensive partnership of Cannavaro and Thuram might be world-class for two seasons, but after that we'll need to buy all over again. We need a solid young gun that can give us 5+ years of quality.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Come on... Legro have something in the bag, thats why he is an italian international... if Lippi cant bring it out, it wont mean Capello cant.. Cannavaro-Legro partnership will be good for a good 3-4 years cycle... there will be enuff 3-4 transfer summer for you transfer fantasizers to play with along the way..;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Exactly. A central defensive partnership of Cannavaro and Thuram might be world-class for two seasons, but after that we'll need to buy all over again. We need a solid young gun that can give us 5+ years of quality.
I think Capello knows that and he will probably request Mexes, which would be a great buy. Mexes has the class to become the next Nesta IMO.

So it seems like Zebina, Cannavaro, and maybe Mexes will be the new defenders for the summer. I hope that another youngster will be bought as well; maybe Hubschmen, Kroldrup or Zaccardo. But I have a feeling that Bonera will also join us, which I would welcome. Capello will be able to mold Bonera into a good defender.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Inter want Carvalho. I want him at Juve. Cannavaro could leave Inter. Juve could get Cannavaro. Capello wanted Burdisso............

I have a million of them.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
You're probably right, as Moggi always makes spur-of-the-moment decisions.
Only in our eyes. He probably plans them for years and then unveils his great plans over the space of a couple of ours :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)