Fabio Cannavaro (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's not about Milan/dinosaurs but about quality right now.Even at 35 he's better than 80% of our defenders and it's just a back up so I don't see why we shouldn't go after him.One year deal wouldn't hurt.

I just HOPE we don't see him in starting XI next season next to Chiellini.

But what happened so we had to go after these guys?
What happened is that since we were relegated we never had a commanding defender. Both Thuram and Cannavaro left and we were forced to rely on Boumsong, Andrade, Chiellini, Legro, Stendardo, Knezevic and some primavera players. I think what happened now is that we realized the need to have a veteran defender to educate the line on how things are. It is always the case, you can't just buy two defenders and expect them to do wonders.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #28
    What happened is that since we were relegated we never had a commanding defender. Both Thuram and Cannavaro left and we were forced to rely on Boumsong, Andrade, Chiellini, Legro, Stendardo, Knezevic and some primavera players. I think what happened now is that we realized the need to have a veteran defender to educate the line on how things are. It is always the case, you can't just buy two defenders and expect them to do wonders.
    I agree and I wouldn't really mind this tranfer to happen.

So it's really close now.One year deal is pretty much already there but rumours say that he could get a job in club when he retires as well.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    He would be perfect! Just the defender we need. Somebody, who can organise our back line. Canna next to Chiellini would be great!

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35
    Why all the panic?

It's not like he's going to be the only signing this summer.Like Jack said, it's good to have someone old/good to teach these kids how to defend.He'll take Knezevic's place and play sometimes, I don't see anything wrong with that.

We must solve our defensive problems and signing some veteran could be one part of it.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    if we get him I don't think we'll buy another CB or at least a solid CB.. and I see him next to Chiellini, he's still better than both Legro and Mellberg.

HAZEM

L'architetto
    Apr 22, 2008
    Why all the panic?

It's not like he's going to be the only signing this summer.Like Jack said, it's good to have someone old/good to teach these kids how to defend.He'll take Knezevic's place and play sometimes, I don't see anything wrong with that.

We must solve our defensive problems and signing some veteran could be one part of it.
    This is our imagination but with the fuckin' ranieri he will be starter!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)