Fabio Cannavaro (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hmm, if we consider the fact that Neddy retires, Camo will be a sub and Cassano will take DP's starting role.
I wonder who would be our captain for the majority of the time (when DP will looking from the bench)

Imagine hanging the armband to the "traitor", due to age/exp, NT status, leading stature in the center of our defense and previous service...
This thought is kind of... well... disgusting...
You really think we'll buy Cassano this summer?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Hmm, if we consider the fact that Neddy retires, Camo will be a sub and Cassano will take DP's starting role.
I wonder who would be our captain for the majority of the time (when DP will looking from the bench)

Imagine hanging the armband to the "traitor", due to age/exp, NT status, leading stature in the center of our defense and previous service...
Cassano is not coming. DP will start next season. Mark my words. and in the games he is resting/injured, the armband goes to Buffon.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Logical assumption, i do expect him to carry this armband one day, but there are many voices against it, supporting that the captain should lead by example,
he should be an intimidating force, able to reach out all of our players, at any time and issue orders.
Therefore a field player is preferred, creative midfielders mostly, because they control the tempo and have easy access in every line.

Canna, would only organize, our zone defending, the offside trap, the midfield cohesion and thats about it...
Diego would be ideal for the armband, but being a young and new player to the team and esp non Italian, i dont see it happening, at least not any time soon.
Therefore the NT captain has a lot of chances to be the one...
You really think we'll buy Cassano this summer?
If Lappo takes over, then yes, although i hope not
and pray daily that God will forbid that from happening!!
Cassano is not coming. DP will start next season. Mark my words. and in the games he is resting/injured, the armband goes to Buffon.
I predict that we will have a hard time finding a captain like DP,
but the latest reports
(new contract issues and interest on new younger starters at his position)
seem that the time for that is closer than any other time.
Personally, i consider him an icon and i believe that he should retire as the captain.
But even if he is practically used as a subber, the vice captain will be our main captain...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

The D'UHest of D'UHs.

You actually think Juventus would give the armband to Canna? What are you, nuts?

Logical assumption, i do expect him to carry this armband one day, but there are many voices against it, supporting that the captain should lead by example,
he should be an intimidating force, able to reach out all of our players, at any time and issue orders.
Therefore a field player is preferred, creative midfielders mostly, because they control the tempo and have easy access in every line.

Canna, would only organize, our zone defending, the offside trap, the midfield cohesion and thats about it...
Diego would be ideal for the armband, but being a young and new player to the team and esp non Italian, i dont see it happening, at least not any time soon.
Therefore the NT captain has a lot of chances to be the one...

If Lappo takes over, then yes, although i hope not
and pray daily that God will forbid that from happening!!

I predict that we will have a hard time finding a captain like DP,
but the latest reports
(new contract issues and interest on new younger starters at his position)
seem that the time for that is closer than any other time.
Personally, i consider him an icon and i believe that he should retire as the captain.
But even if he is practically used as a subber, the vice captain will be our main captain...
Buffon will be the next captain, no ifs or buts about it, when he was signing a contract extension last season it said on Juventus.com that Buffon was promised the armband after DP.
By "many voices against it", you mean you probably. Look at Zoff, Kahn, Schmeichel they were one of the greatest captains ever.

PS and I wouldn't count on DP not starting next season tbh.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Anyone watched Canavaro last night against Villareal???
It was pure catastrophe....:andyandbarcelona:
I did. He was one of Real's better players. To blame for Villarreal's second goal when he tried to intercept a ball and it landed at Cani's foot. Bad luck more than anything.

You guys will have to settle down. He's a Juve player now so you can keep laughing at his performances, blame him for things when he's not to blame etc. Things won't change. He's a Juve player.

:lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
So he was one of Real's best players yesterday huh? You didn't see the second goal, you didnt see how Rossi skinned him and Cannavaro fell to the ground in the start of the game.

I think its clear now that you are biased Hennes, if you thought that Cannavarro was one of Reals best players yesterday. Higuain and Diarra were the only players that come out with any credit from yesterdays game. Canna along with Ramos were the worst defenders for Real yesterday, it was their right side that was exposed.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
So he was one of Real's best players yesterday huh? You didn't see the second goal, you didnt see how Rossi skinned him and Cannavaro fell to the ground in the start of the game.

I think its clear now that you are biased Hennes, if you thought that Cannavarro was one of Reals best players yesterday. Higuain and Diarra were the only players that come out with any credit from yesterdays game. Canna along with Ramos were the worst defenders for Real yesterday, it was their right side that was exposed.
It's true, I am biased. I just think you're, too. ;)

He slipped, funnily enough before that he won the sprint against Rossi (who is like 100 years younger).

I already said that he was to blame for the 2nd but he was unlucky there. He barely got his foot to the ball to prevent his player from getting to the ball. That it wasn't a good clearance is obvious. That Cani for some reason was totally unmarked is quite as obvious though.

Anyway, that Real team is DEAD. They aren't playing for anything. They had a great run and fought themselves back into the title race and then got humilated against Barca. And now there's nothing left in them.

Personally I think that Canna will play a decent part for us next year. You have a different opinion, no problem. The thing is that only the next season will tell who was right. And I find it useless to comment on every match Real is playing NOW and to point out every mistake Canna is doing NOW when it has no influence on the next season.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

It's true, I am biased. I just think you're, too
. ;)

He slipped, funnily enough before that he won the sprint against Rossi (who is like 100 years younger).

I already said that he was to blame for the 2nd but he was unlucky there. He barely got his foot to the ball to prevent his player from getting to the ball. That it wasn't a good clearance is obvious. That Cani for some reason was totally unmarked is quite as obvious though.

Anyway, that Real team is DEAD. They aren't playing for anything. They had a great run and fought themselves back into the title race and then got humilated against Barca. And now there's nothing left in them.

Personally I think that Canna will play a decent part for us next year. You have a different opinion, no problem. The thing is that only the next season will tell who was right. And I find it useless to comment on every match Real is playing NOW and to point out every mistake Canna is doing NOW when it has no influence on the next season.

Now give me one reason why i would be biased against Cannavaro? I neither support any team in Italy nor do i hate any team in Italy nor do i have anything to do with any team, i just watch the Calcio for entertainment.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
Fair enough. Let's just finish it here.

Canna will prove one of us wrong next season - let's hope that it will be you because that would be better for Juve. :lol:

:flag1:

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
I like Cannavaro and think he will be a good person to slot in the back line with Chellini. But i dont think the CB position is the main worry here, it is def the RB and LB position. Criscito coming back would be great because he could play LB and i believe in that kid alot! However RB is horrible, Grygera is terrible IMO. We need to get Rafinha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)