[F] Ligue 1 2004/05 (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Hmm, I wonder...does Lyon's absolutely demolition of German Champions Werder, mean that French football is better then German?

They were just beaten it was 10-2 on aggegate!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Hmm, I wonder...does Lyon's absolutely demolition of German Champions Werder, mean that French football is better then German?

They were just beaten it was 10-2 on aggegate!!
it does, it does, it always was!! :extatic::strong::devil::cap:

yeah I've been holding that one in since last night :D:angel:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
:D I guess the most uncompetitvely league (what I always say) has at least one good team.

I do like Marseille though, I cant watch French football, it is just boring for me, not that it is defensive or anything, but that it "feels" boring...

Plus, Marseille actually HAVE passionate fans...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
One good team? Is that why Monaco went all the way to the final last year? :D

French football has plenty to offer and given a chance I would watch it a lot. It is very technical, lots of skillful players, not as restrained by tactics as Serie A is and more unpredictable than all the big leagues.

Plus, Marseille actually HAVE passionate fans...
Who cares about the fans, can't you make up your own mind?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
One good team? Is that why Monaco went all the way to the final last year? :D

French football has plenty to offer and given a chance I would watch it a lot. It is very technical, lots of skillful players, not as restrained by tactics as Serie A is and more unpredictable than all the big leagues.

Who cares about the fans, can't you make up your own mind?
huh? What do you mean?

The only good thing about France is young players get their chance, even if the rules have forced it on teams...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

huh? What do you mean?

The only good thing about France is young players get their chance, even if the rules have forced it on teams...
Why do so many people say "they have great fans"? So what? If you're watching a game on tv, what do you care how many others also watch it as long as you enjoy it?

What rules? The French league is still a farmer league, the best players get sold abroad. So logically, as the clubs can't compete financially with those in Italy or Spain, they bet on youth instead. Which they happen to be very good at. The French league isn't as deadly competitive as Serie A, there is still room for young players to develop.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I'm talking about atmosphere Martin, you cant say you dont like it? Do you not like it when the fans are so loud that if you are watching it at home then you can hardly hear the commentrator? (Milan fans last night were brilliant)...Or when your actually at the game, it is so loud you think your going deaf? Sorry, might just be me, but I love that kind of atmosphere?

Erm, you dont know? When Houiller was with the FFF, he introduced a law that means something like in the 16-man squad there has to be at least 4 (I think) players under the age of 21...So that when teams get injuries, youngster get there chance in France...Its why I believe that England, Italy, Spain, Germany etc etc should also introduce it...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
To me that's a nice by product but I'm far more interested in what's happening on the pitch. If the game is boring to watch, the atmosphere doesn't do much for me.

I thought that was the new Uefa regulation which would come into effect all over Europe? I don't think that will change much in France, though, they already bet on youth.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
To me that's a nice by product but I'm far more interested in what's happening on the pitch. If the game is boring to watch, the atmosphere doesn't do much for me.

I thought that was the new Uefa regulation which would come into effect all over Europe? I don't think that will change much in France, though, they already bet on youth.
Personally, if a game is boring, the atmosphere can make it better, although I have only really ever watched 3 teams, Barca, Roma and Man Utd, and they dont play boring games...albeit I have only seen Barca once...(against Real at the Nou Camp!)

No, Martin this rule has been in France for nearly 10 years now...I think UEFA are using it as a framework for the rest of the world...it is a Offical rule in France, teams HAVE to have at least 4 Under-21s in there teams, so, they HAVE to "bet on youth", as you said it...

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
In the match billed as the battle of the European hopefuls, Toulouse and Sochaux played out a goalless draw that shed little light on who has the best chance of playing in the UEFA Cup next season.

Either side could have temporarily leapfrogged Auxerre into fifth place with a win, but Toulouse remain sixth with Sochaux one place further back, and both could drop down the table after the rest of the weekend's games.

Home side Toulouse had the better of the action, and quickly set the tone by threatening Teddy Richert's goal early on when Stéphane Dalmat's testing cross nearly found the head of in-form striker Daniel Moreira.

Former Spurs and Inter Milan midfielder Dalmat then fired over, before Mickaël Isabey created Sochaux's first chance – a long-range shot that skimmed past the post with goalkeeper Christophe Revault well beaten.

With Albin Ebondo making his physical presence felt in Toulouse's defence, his teammates continued to look threatening going forward, but were let down by poor finishing as Eduardo headed just over and Moreira scuffed his shot when presented with the ball on the edge of the area.

Richert then had to be alert to keep out Pantxi Sirieix's effort as half-time approached, however neither side had really looked like taking the lead.

The pattern of the match continued after the restart, with Sochaux defending deep and Toulouse failing to make their dominance count.

It took 52 minutes for the visitors to register their first shot on target, and Revault was equal to it when Araujo Ilan tried to beat him from a free-kick.

The Brazilian striker was then guilty of over-elaborating as Francileudo Santos picked him out with a clever ball.

At the other end, Richert pulled off a fantastic stop to keep out Dalmat's close-range volley, and moments later his counterpart in the Toulouse goal engineered a superb double save from Santos and Isabey.

Both sides seemed to be content with the draw, though, and the match began to lurch towards its inevitable conclusion until Richert was penalised for handling outside the area two minutes into stoppage time.

With the last real chance of the encounter, Isabey got his body in the way of Taïder's potentially dangerous free-kick to guarantee Guy Lacombe's side a share of the spoils.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Bloody Lille are just falling away when I placed money on them getting to next season's Champion's League! :fero:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Arsenal striker Jeremie Aliadiere admits that he is keen on a return to France to join Paris Saint Germain.

The promising starlet has returned from a long injury lay-off but is already considering his options beyond Highbury.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a firm admirer of Aliadiere's potential but it would appear that the 21-year-old is contemplating a move away from North London.

Aliadiere is under contract until 2006 but as the player freely admits, talks have already begun with PSG.

''I am in contact with PSG,'' conceded Aliadiere to German magazine But!

''I have other contacts but I only talk of PSG with my agent.

''I would love it. It is my area. I would be closer to my family.''

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Lyon skipper Claudio Caçapa has nearly recovered from an early-season knee injury, and predicts that he will be fully fit by the time PSV Eindhoven visit to open their Champions League quarterfinal tie.

The defender is eager to return, and hopes to get a Ligue 1 tune-up before the Dutch leaders come calling.

"I could run, jump and play normally," reported Caçapa, after a midweek friendly. "If the coach puts his faith in me, I hope to play against Lens (next weekend).”

”I have been waiting for that moment for so long."

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
France - Switzerland 0 - 0 :(
how fitting that football365.fr carries the headline "Kings of draws"

This team is so far from what it was it's amazing. Somehow I still keep hoping they would "wake up" and remember how they used to play a few years ago but it's a dream that won't come true. I just wish Vieira would saying dumb shit like "I promise you we'll beat Switzerland" cause under the circumstances it sounds so stupid when they can't beat anyone. Meanwhile Trezeguet has brought his non-scoring game from Juve to Les Bleus.

And to think 79 373 (out of 80k) paid the entrance fee to Stade de France for this while Italy can't draw 30k...

Barthez : 6,5
Sagnol : 5
Boumsong : 5,5
Givet : 5,5
Gallas : 4,5
Pedretti : 6,5
Vieira (cap) : 5,5
Dhorasoo : 4
(Meriem, 59eme)
Giuly : 5
Trezeguet : 4
Wiltord : 6
(Govou, 82eme)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The matches so far in the qualifiers:
4/9/04 France 0-0 Israel
8/9/04 Faroe Islands 0-2 France
9/10/04 France 0-0 Rep Ireland
13/10/04 Cyprus 0-2 France
26/3/05 France 0-0 Switzerland

:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)