Explosions in London ! (1 Viewer)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
BLASTS ON TUBES AND BUS

An explosion has "ripped a bus apart" just minutes after a number of blasts on London's Underground.

Scotland Yard has confirmed there has been an explosion on a bus in Tavistock Place. Union sources claim there have been reports of blasts on three different buses.

Witness Belinda Seabrook said she saw an explosion rip though a bus as it approached Russell Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang. I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

Another witness, Angie, told Sky news: "There were a whole lot of people around the bus. Next thing I was on the floor and there were a lot of people on me.

"I thought I was going to be crushed. The bus was ripped out at the back. It must have been a bomb."

Scotland Yard could not confirm reports of an explosion on a bus in Russell Square. A spokeswoman said police were at the scene and attempting to determine what had happened.

The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.

It is understood several people have been wounded in the underground blasts, with one unconfirmed eyewitness telling Sky News he saw "bodies on the line".

British Transport Police confirmed there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

"It's chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," said a spokesman.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umberellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road where the second incident took place.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it," she said.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate. My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF man, terrorism in London ???

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Edge

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Its not a power surge, how do you explain the 2 bus bombs ?
    At least 30 people dead now...

OP
    Edge

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    All the counter terrorism divisions are in Scotland for the G8, that's making London an easier target today.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    Yeah, they just said now that a 'power surge' has been discredited, they are saying it could be terrorists now, because of them timing.

London won the Olimpic bid yesterday, and because we are host the G8 summit right now.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    I highly doubt that it was a power surge. Don't forget that England and Spain are the US most loyal allies. I also think that it has more to do with the G8 thing then with the olympics. The last few years have proven that most countries are easily capable of preventing terrorist actions on major events. Organisations like Al'Qaida always attack on 'normal' weekdays on normal places.

It's terrible what has happened, but luckily the amount of people injured is not as high as with previous attacks. I'm just sick of some terrorist attack happening every 12 months - where the hell did this ridiculous trend come from?

Dian

Jun 22, 2005
    So dropping bombs on Iraq isn't a terrorist attack, just fighting for freedom?

How is this different then?

I say blame yourselves, the only reason that your enemy (terrorists as you call them) are doing this is so they can get attension, often they have a cause. They don't just blow up 3 buses to kill everyone, they want you to open your eyes and this is the best way of doing it.

It's pretty sad actually, but that's how it is.

Dian

Jun 22, 2005
    Yeah you're right,

and since your country has blown many people up.. you can shove your message up your ass.

thanks for clearing that up

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dian ] ++
    Yeah you're right,

and since your country has blown many people up.. you can shove your message up your ass.

thanks for clearing that up
    Shame I am not english.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    Dian, you suck. 20-30 people have died today tragically and all you can shout about is how they 'deserved' it and their country 'brought it on themselves', have some damn respect. Cretin.

Dian

Jun 22, 2005
    I never said that, I responded to Blairs announcment about a "terrorist attack".

I never said they deserved it where did you read that?

And yes, they only have themselves to blame for this.

You talk about respect, you don't know shit about what has happened in the Middle East obviously.

Do you know anything about Halabja? Probably not, the day you crumpet eaters care about others then yourselves, that day you might get some respect.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Dian ] ++
    I say blame yourselves, the only reason that your enemy (terrorists as you call them) are doing this is so they can get attension, often they have a cause. They don't just blow up 3 buses to kill everyone, they want you to open your eyes and this is the best way of doing it.
    Attention for a good cause my ass. The leaders behind this are scumbags of the tallest order who manage to convince a marginal part of the disgruntled population (disgruntled thanks to the fantastic western world) that sacrificing their own lives is a noble act for the Islamic cause (or whatever agenda they actually have). It's the classic case of the intelligent, immoral and powerful leader to ruin the lives of people who are in a bad place in their lives and have no direction, so they are easily swayed to believe in this bs. And the very reason why these assholes have good recruitment is because the lives and countries of ordinary people are made to suffer "western" foreign policy.

It's all about power and it always has been. These acts have a cause but to confuse it with nobility is the most f. up view ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)