European affairs (6 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Last years we’ve definitely been a bit trapped in a very progressive ideology, but I think that the economic growth many countries experienced (especially first day EU countries) speaks for its succes. After all it remains a complex system, you could drive a day from Austria to every wind direction and you’ll find completely different languages and cultures yet due to being part of the EU we efficiently work together. Just take pre-EU times as a example, we used to kill each other.

I find this kind of videos similar to footballers highlights, you can always find something positive ;).

The truth is that Poland is getting weaker. We already had a stronger army as a soviet republic. We currently spend more on military than we do on healthcare and education. How is that beneficial to the society? I surely know it's beneficial for US arms industry.

We also had a higher population, heavy industry, much stronger agriculture. The level of living is obviously higher now but it's due to the technological development of the whole world.

Currently we're just a cheap labor force, nothing more.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
U Picciriddu
Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #102
    I find this kind of videos similar to footballers highlights, you can always find something positive ;).

The truth is that Poland is getting weaker. We already had a stronger army as a soviet republic. We currently spend more on military than we do on healthcare and education. How is that beneficial to the society? I surely know it's beneficial for US arms industry.

We also had a higher population, heavy industry, much stronger agriculture. The level of living is obviously higher now but it's due to the technological development of the whole world.

Currently we're just a cheap labor force, nothing more.
    I think in current times with defense spending it’s better to be safe than sorry, but I get your point. Aiming to become the military powerhouse of Europe isn’t an ugly decision if you ask me, especially since surpassing France and Germany in economical terms isn’t realistic in the short term.

I think that if you ask the average European what they think about Poland that opinions might be more positive than you expect, but watching from the side line obviously is different compared to living somewhere.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    1. Population too small for a "superpower" project.
    2. Greying population with a high median age that is only growing.
    3. Very low fertility rate.
    4. No big technological leap over others.

So we can put this one to bed.
    What's funny is that in the seventies citizen number 40M was born and the forecast for the next 50 years was 80-100mln for Poland. We currently close to 35mln. That's how rapid is our development under the western umbrella.

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018
    Wouldn’t it be mostly the economic refugees instead of asylum seekers who escape war, they have the right to stay in most situations. Same as political refugees or gays from certain countries.
    Under the Illegal Migration Act anyone arriving to UK "illegally" will have their asylum application deemed permanently inadmissible, and so distinguishing between those who are refugees escaping war/persecution and those who aren't would no longer be done by the UK. Of those people entering "illegally" via boats (the main political focus of the policy) it's estimated that around 3 in 4 would be granted refugee status or other protection if they had their asylum applications processed, and that number would likely be even higher after appeals.

And so again the fact that genuine refugees might be sent to an unsafe country in Rwanda and might also risk being sent from Rwanda back to their native country/one where they could face persecution were big reasons for the legal challenges against the scheme. To get around this the government passed a law that designates Rwanda as a "safe" country (against all evidence) and orders courts to ignore certain human rights/international laws that could potentially block the deportations. It's a farce, but the current gov are pretty desperate to get some symbolic flights going before any general election.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    Damn, Germany been holding back. I'd go full Nazi for this Königin

P.S. What an unsexy language German is. Imagine calling your woman 'my Königin'

I'd move to germany if it's allowed call someone's women Königin. I also have 9 years job experience and would appreciate if you send me a job offer in order to get work visa.

OP
    U Picciriddu
    Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #110
    I'd move to germany if it's allowed call someone's women Königin. I also have 9 years job experience and would appreciate if you send me a job offer in order to get work visa.
    Isnt it crazy that someone with skills has struggles coming to the EU and someone who takes the illegal route has more chances of staying here. It will be a struggle the first years but at least theyre in the EU

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Isnt it crazy that someone with skills has struggles coming to the EU and someone who takes the illegal route has more chances of staying here. It will be a struggle the first years but at least theyre in the EU
    I don’t know what your government spends on asylum seekers there, but i read a government report recently that said they were spending ~$225/ day on average per refugee for accommodation and food here. That’s like $67,000/ year after tax income lol. Meanwhile, low income Canadian seniors get like ~$30k/year from the government :lol:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    You're required to have a visa. If you're seeking a work visa, most companies reject your resume when they release you're outside of EU countries. for getting work visa it's essential you provide the job offer from a company, it makes my immigration process difficult and should be asked directly from companies for work conditions and give them the resume.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know what your government spends on asylum seekers there, but i read a government report recently that said they were spending ~$225/ day on average per refugee for accommodation and food here. That’s like $67,000/ year after tax income lol. Meanwhile, low income Canadian seniors get like ~$30k/year from the government :lol:
    asylum seeker is different to job seeker! depending on you’re skills and education level. you'll need to have experience or skills that are sought after and difficult to find in EU countries amongst the current population

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Damn, Germany been holding back. I'd go full Nazi for this Königin

P.S. What an unsexy language German is. Imagine calling your woman 'my Königin'

Meh. You can slice any public data anyway you want to make it tell a story to villainize a subgroup.

This is why Ronald Coase said, "If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."

The crime isn't stating facts so much as it is selectively seeking confirmation bias.

Data is loaded with bias laundering for those who wish to slice it right and weaponize it.

OP
    U Picciriddu
    Jun 16, 2020
  • Thread Starter #114
    asylum seeker is different to job seeker! depending on you’re skills and education level. you'll need to have experience or skills that are sought after and difficult to find in EU countries amongst the current population
    We know, but a big part of the people who arrive are ‘luck seekers’ as we call them. People who don’t really have the right for asylum, so they end up throwing away their documents, coming illegally and end up in that process. Usually this are the people who cause the most troubles aswel, usually young men from North-Africa.

I think that most Europeans will agree that it’s a lot better to have a good process for workers coming here with a Visa and harder rules against illegals. But somehow the illegals are here and motivated people like you can’t come in a legal way, or at least have many difficulties.

So strange said it would be more beneficial to you saying that you’re a political refugee for your regime, entering the Union in a illegal way and basically demanding support from the government, than the legal way where you genuinely show that you’re willing to contribute to society.

It’s a bit less here, had to Google it but it’s €53,000 per year. And more or less the same that is happening in the US, where there isn’t enough room so the governments had to book hotels.

The problem is that the rules are so weird, people who arrive in that way aren’t able to work for quite some time, so they end up in limbo just hanging out on the street.

AlexDP705

Jul 10, 2018
    Meh. You can slice any public data anyway you want to make it tell a story to villainize a subgroup.

This is why Ronald Coase said, "If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."

The crime isn't stating facts so much as it is selectively seeking confirmation bias.

Data is loaded with bias laundering for those who wish to slice it right and weaponize it.
    Case in point, what she was actually punished for was making a generalizing statement about Afghan refugees being gang rapists.

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    We know, but a big part of the people who arrive are ‘luck seekers’ as we call them. People who don’t really have the right for asylum, so they end up throwing away their documents, coming illegally and end up in that process. Usually this are the people who cause the most troubles aswel, usually young men from North-Africa.

I think that most Europeans will agree that it’s a lot better to have a good process for workers coming here with a Visa and harder rules against illegals. But somehow the illegals are here and motivated people like you can’t come in a legal way, or at least have many difficulties.

So strange said it would be more beneficial to you saying that you’re a political refugee for your regime, entering the Union in a illegal way and basically demanding support from the government, than the legal way where you genuinely show that you’re willing to contribute to society.

It’s a bit less here, had to Google it but it’s €53,000 per year. And more or less the same that is happening in the US, where there isn’t enough room so the governments had to book hotels.

The problem is that the rules are so weird, people who arrive in that way aren’t able to work for quite some time, so they end up in limbo just hanging out on the street.
    Totally agree, living in west countries is considered as most desired and attractive for third world people. As much as i know, some European countries are facing massive shortage work force in a lot of industries which make them to open door for foreigner job seekers. But with illegals, stay there too many refugees in Europe and start have birth control jobs is for you europeans.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I don’t know the circumstances here or the stats, but what if that generalizing statement is true?
    Context then becomes really important and outcomes become highly correlative with it.

For example, if you're at an academic or social conference about the challenges of Afghani integration in society, it would be one thing to call it out as something to be acted upon -- because you know something is socially broken and needs to be fixed with the help of the community. Then the intention is to ask questions and seek interventions to address it.

But if you're more like das Fräulein Schwarzkopf Brightener there, her point is to use it as a billy club to whack the crap out of Afghanis as a punishment for being Afghani while encouraging pogroms among her neighbors.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    Context then becomes really important and outcomes become highly correlative with it.

For example, if you're at an academic or social conference about the challenges of Afghani integration in society, it would be one thing to call it out as something to be acted upon -- because you know something is socially broken and needs to be fixed with the help of the community. Then the intention is to ask questions and seek interventions to address it.

But if you're more like das Fräulein Schwarzkopf Brightener there, her point is to use it as a billy club to whack the crap out of Afghanis as a punishment for being Afghani while encouraging pogroms among her neighbors.
    Have you seen the statistics she published?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)