[Europe] 2014 World Cup qualifying thread (3 Viewers)

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
I smell jealousy.

I wish you luck, try not to get buttfucked, the sorry team you are.

We are in 1st pot :weee:
Can't give me any answer? Hahaha :)

I never said Turkey should in pot 1. We don't deserve to be in pot 1 at all. Turkey is in 2nd pot and I think it's fair. I was just curious how Norway made it there. You obviously don't know it too. But it's okay. Try to qualify for this World Cup since you were from 1st pot, so blondie hottie norwegian girls would have a reason to drink :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #62
    Can't give me any answer? Hahaha :)

I never said Turkey should in pot 1. We don't deserve to be in pot 1 at all. Turkey is in 2nd pot and I think it's fair. I was just curious how Norway made it there. You obviously don't know it too. But it's okay. Try to qualify for this World Cup since you were from 1st pot, so blondie hottie norwegian girls would have a reason to drink :)
    I already told you. Past ten years doesn't mean anything to the fifa world ranking.

It's now that counts, and we've played well since 2010 beating the likes of Portugal.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    It's stupid to include friendlies when calculating World Rankings.

Scotland could have sneaked into Pot 3, but decided to play a friendly against Brazil, so they got knocked down to Pot 4.

The pot they are in shouldn't be decided by them choosing to play Brazil instead of San Marino or someone.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
    I already told you. Past ten years doesn't mean anything to the fifa world ranking.

It's now that counts, and we've played well since 2010 beating the likes of Portugal.
    Ever since I joined to this forum, I've been reading your posts and most of them make sense to me.

But come on man. So you beat Portugal and is that why you should be in pot 1? Are you seriously trying to defend Norway now? If past successes dont count for FIFA, what does? You haven't even played any major tournament in last 10 years. Okay, forget about last 10 years. Let's make it last 5 years, or 2 years. It doesn't change anything. FIFA rankings are stupid and somehow you made it there but it's not right.

Are you gonna bring up jealousy thing again? Turkey should NOT be in pot 1 whatsoever. Why? Because we're so inconsistent. We finished World Cup 02 in 3rd, we couldn't even qualify for Euro 2004. We finished Euro 08 as 3rd again, we couldn't qualify for WC 10. That's exactly why, we shouldn't be in pot 1.

But then again, Norway never ever qualified for any tournament in 10 years but they're in pot 1? Who can say this is right?

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #65
    Ever since I joined to this forum, I've been reading your posts and most of them make sense to me.

But come on man. So you beat Portugal and is that why you should be in pot 1? Are you seriously trying to defend Norway now? If past successes dont count for FIFA, what does? You haven't even played any major tournament in last 10 years. Okay, forget about last 10 years. Let's make it last 5 years, or 2 years. It doesn't change anything. FIFA rankings are stupid and somehow you made it there but it's not right.

Are you gonna bring up jealousy thing again? Turkey should NOT be in pot 1 whatsoever. Why? Because we're so inconsistent. We finished World Cup 02 in 3rd, we couldn't even qualify for Euro 2004. We finished Euro 08 as 3rd again, we couldn't qualify for WC 10. That's exactly why, we shouldn't be in pot 1.

But then again, Norway never ever qualified for any tournament in 10 years but they're in pot 1? Who can say this is right?
    I understand what you mean, but Norway didn't make up the rules.

IF the rules were that the past ten years counted for ranking 1st pot, Norway shouldn't have been anywhere near 1st pot.

I am not saying that I support this system, but I have to respect it.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
    Jul 4, 2008

FIFA :heart:

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
    I understand what you mean, but Norway didn't make up the rules.

IF the rules were that the past ten years counted for ranking 1st pot, Norway shouldn't have been anywhere near 1st pot.

I am not saying that I support this system, but I have to respect it.
    I know, Norway didn't make up the rules. I'm just using Norway to make an example, it could be Romania, Scotland or Ireland in the future. In this case, it's Norway.

I kept asking you what counts for FIFA and you didn't give me an answer. I seriously don't know what counts. How does it work? You get same points to beat an opponent for friendlies as compared to official matches? I dont know how it works. But why would they count friendlies in the first place anyway?

I live in United States, I see who Mexico play against all the time and they're always go around in Top 10. Mexico is not one of the best top 10 countries in the world too. This is why I'm so against this stupid FIFA rankings.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    So you think Scotland will win the group?

Since we're obviously finishing 3rd in this group. If we're lucky.
    Don't be so pessimistic, we can top this group, group matches will start after the next season, then our stars will have one more year of experience and I don't think there is a team with more talent in this group then Belgium, they just need to keep on developing.
    Hazard, Kompany, Verthongen, Alderweireld will all have played CL next season, Witsel will have played a full year in a thougher league, Defour also, Lukaku will also leave (I think).
    Courtois, Vossen (rumours are he is still leaving Genk), De Bruyne will all have more experience.
    Boyate, Buysse will have played more, De Camargo will be back, if he can keep going like he did at the end of last season.
    Dembele will be more used to the EPL.
    I really think we are able to do well.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Bosnia has actually a decent chance of winning the group this time :D

We got a great group, we've played some of these teams before and usually beat them (we beat Slovakia IIRC), although we lost to Greece. However, hopefully we have a better team now and we stand a decent chance IMO. If we dont make it now we'll never make it.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Don't be so pessimistic, we can top this group, group matches will start after the next season, then our stars will have one more year of experience and I don't think there is a team with more talent in this group then Belgium, they just need to keep on developing.
    Hazard, Kompany, Verthongen, Alderweireld will all have played CL next season, Witsel will have played a full year in a thougher league, Defour also, Lukaku will also leave (I think).
    Courtois, Vossen (rumours are he is still leaving Genk), De Bruyne will all have more experience.
    Boyate, Buysse will have played more, De Camargo will be back, if he can keep going like he did at the end of last season.
    Dembele will be more used to the EPL.
    I really think we are able to do well.
    I guess time will tell whether I'm being pessimistic or realistic.

I'm just not hopeful, far from it actually. And the last game (Turkey) has a lot to do with it.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
    blʘndu;3178053 said:
    hello again patsy

hungary, remember this ?

This will be 'fun' for our side that is :D Tough pot with Turkey in it aswell, i hope they will fire Hiddink because he always has a plan vs Holland!
    Without being cocky, we should win this group but we have to be carefull.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    To weigh in to this Norway debate, i have to agree with the Turk. Norway have done absolutely nothing to deserve 1st pot, i'm actually quite shocked to know they are first pot.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I know, Norway didn't make up the rules. I'm just using Norway to make an example, it could be Romania, Scotland or Ireland in the future. In this case, it's Norway.

I kept asking you what counts for FIFA and you didn't give me an answer. I seriously don't know what counts. How does it work? You get same points to beat an opponent for friendlies as compared to official matches? I dont know how it works. But why would they count friendlies in the first place anyway?

I live in United States, I see who Mexico play against all the time and they're always go around in Top 10. Mexico is not one of the best top 10 countries in the world too. This is why I'm so against this stupid FIFA rankings.
    I'm gonna simplify it the most I can, but it might still be a little complicated...

1.OPPOSITION STRENGTH - Depending on the current rating, every team has its coefficient.
    For example, the first placed team's coefficient is calculated this way: 200-1/100 which equals 1.99. The 123rd placed team's coefficient is calculated this way: 200-123/100 which equals 0.77 etc etc etc.

2.RESULT POINTS - Now, every match brings a certain amount of points. A win brings 3 points, a draw 1 point a defeat 0 points.

3. MATCH STATUS - a friendly match is multiplied by 1, a fifa world cup or Continental qualifier is multiplied by 2.5. Continental or confederations cup match is multiplied by 3 and a world cup match is multiplied by 4.

4. REGIONAL STATUS - Europe is multiplied by 1, South America by 0.99, CONCACAF by 0.88, Africa, Asia and Oceania by 0.85

5. TIMING OF THE MATCH - Matches played in the last year are multiplied by 1, those in the year before are multiplied by 0.5, those in the third year by 0.3 and those in the 4th year by 0.2

Now you multiple 1 x 2 x 3 x 4 x 5 (from above) and then you multiple that by 100.

With an example:
    Turkey beat Spain in the UEFA qualifiers three years ago. This is how those points will be calculated.

1. Spain is first in the rankings, so 200-1/100 = 1.99
    2. Win brings 3.00 points
    3. Continental qualifier = 2.5 points
    4. Spain being from Europe brings 1.00 pts
    5. Match being played 3 years ago brings 0.3 pts

1.99 x 3 x 2.5 x 1 x 0.3 x 100 = 447.75 pts
    That's how much Turkey gets for that win. The next year that same win will bring less pts because that match would be played 4 years from the time.

Teams' actual scores are a result of the average points gained over each calendar year; matches from the previous four years are considered, with more weight being given to recent ones..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)