[Europe] 2014 World Cup qualifying thread (5 Viewers)

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #24
    I really hope Italy doesn't make it, just to laugh at FIGC :devil:

Geniuine interest in Azzurri lost after Farsopoli.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    Anyone watching the draw? Italy got Denmark and Czech republic! Deadly group.
    Denmark isn`t too much to worry about. I`d worry about Czech the most. But its far from a deadly group.

Denmark are currently pure shite. But so are Italy and the Czechs. An open group with Italy as the favourite.
    Don`t know too much about the Czechs, but they`re usually always a threat. Italy 2010 world cup squad was pure shite, but I think they`ve made some improvements. They should come first in this group.

How about a CONCACAF qualifier thread?

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
    How the hell did Norway make it to 1st pot?

They didn't go to last world cup. Before that, we were in same group with Norway for Euro 2008 and we beat them, we went to Euro 2008 and finished the tournament as 3rd but yet they're in pot 1 and we are in pot 2? I just don't understand what they've done to deserve to be in pot 1.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #30
    How the hell did Norway make it to 1st pot?

They didn't go to last world cup. Before that, we were in same group with Norway for Euro 2008 and we beat them, we went to Euro 2008 and finished the tournament as 3rd but yet they're in pot 1 and we are in pot 2? I just don't understand what they've done to deserve to be in pot 1.
    :seven:

Take a look at our friendlies from 2010-2011. We're ranked 12th in the Fifa ranking.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I even thought 3 were going through :sergio: Can't really see Serbia qualifying for this.
    Why? It's not like Belgium and Croatia are any better than you at the moment. All have equal chances and details will decide.
    The problem for both our teams will be if the young Belgian players develop as they are expected to. Hazard, Lukaku, Fellaini, Witsel, Defour and some already established players like Kompany and Vermaelen might make an excellent group by 2013 when most of the matches will be played.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Why? It's not like Belgium and Croatia are any better than you at the moment. All have equal chances and details will decide.
    The problem for both our teams will be if the young Belgian players develop as they are expected to. Hazard, Lukaku, Fellaini, Witsel, Defour and some already established players like Kompany and Vermaelen might make an excellent group by 2013 when most of the matches will be played.
    That fears me, and I'm pretty sure they will develop and become monster players. They are already very good, but if they polish them a bit more, then I'm afraid we can't stop 'em.

Besides, you know our mentality. Even if we beat them 3-0 we'll probably lose against Wales and even Scotland. :p It seems very tough and all of the opponents have similar mentality and similar tactical approach focused on hard defense.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
    :seven:

Take a look at our friendlies from 2010-2011. We're ranked 12th in the Fifa ranking.
    How? We eliminated you in Qualyfing groups for Euro 2008 and then we went to semi finals in that tournament where you couldnt even get to go. Then we had World Cup which you didnt get to go again but yet you guys are in pot 1? Thats strange.

Friendlies shouldnt count. Because you can arrange friendlies with weak teams then beat them all the time if those games can get you in pot 1.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #40
    How? We eliminated you in Qualyfing groups for Euro 2008 and then we went to semi finals in that tournament where you couldnt even get to go. Then we had World Cup which you didnt get to go again but yet you guys are in pot 1? Thats strange.

Friendlies shouldnt count. Because you can arrange friendlies with weak teams then beat them all the time if those games can get you in pot 1.
    Shouldn't, yeah. But they do, so soap it up. We've also done well in EC qualification group beating Portugal.

As far as the "arrange frienlies with weak teams" :lol2:

You sound so bitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)