[Europe] 2014 World Cup qualifying thread (1 Viewer)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Italy SHOULD come in first then looking at this group, with the Czechs being the strongest opposition I think, I am not too worried then. Germany will have no problem, I'm happy :D.

And excuse my lack of knowledge, but is it those who come first and second in each group advance to the next round and those who come third go to a playoff?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He doesnt really care about International Footy. Plus heaps of players from teams he hates in the Scottish NT I guess.

I must say I'm getting more and more non-plussed about International Football as the years go on as well. Club football is so much more exciting and fun anyway.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Club rivalry runs too deep, so I hate most of the players in the team and huge chunks of the Scottish support.

Then there is the issue is picking English players who have some tenuous link to Scotland.

And I just don't find international football very interesting.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Shouldn't, yeah. But they do, so soap it up. We've also done well in EC qualification group beating Portugal.

As far as the "arrange frienlies with weak teams" :lol2:

You sound so bitter.
Bitter? No. Shocked? Yes.

I thought I missed watching major tournament where Norway made at least to semi final's or something. We did pretty good in a group where world champion Spain finished as 1st too.

I would have love to have Norway from 1st pot in our group :) Too bad, we got Holland.

We need to tell Turkish Federation to arrange bunch of friendlies with Andorra, San Marino and Faroe Island, so we can be in 1st pot all the time if friendlies count too.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #53
    We need to tell Turkish Federation to arrange bunch of friendlies with Andorra, San Marino and Faroe Island, so we can be in 1st pot all the time if friendlies count too.
    If it was so easy, is your federation so stupid that they haven't thought of it yet? :lol:

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
    Our Federation is so stupid, they finally caught Fenerbahce about fixing 9 games and they're still debating if they should relegate them or not when Fenerbahce won the title by goal difference.

But if you need to be objective, do you really think Norway should be in 1st pot? What's your biggest success in past 10 years? I seriously don't know. Educate me :)

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #55
    Our Federation is so stupid, they finally caught Fenerbahce about fixing 9 games and they're still debating if they should relegate them or not when Fenerbahce won the title by goal difference.

But if you need to be objective, do you really think Norway should be in 1st pot? What's your biggest success in past 10 years? I seriously don't know. Educate me :)
    The past ten years doesn't count for the Fifa world ranking.
    We deserve to be in 1st pot on this very date.

As far as your federation being dumb, for obvious reason they are discussing Fener's relegation because they support them, what are they supporting Armenia so Turkey doesn't get 1st pot?

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
    The past ten years doesn't count for the Fifa world ranking.
    We deserve to be in 1st pot on this very date.

As far as your federation being dumb, for obvious reason they are discussing Fener's relegation because they support them, what are they supporting Armenia so Turkey doesn't get 1st pot?
    So you can't tell me whats your biggest success in past 10 years? I don't know and I havent done any research about it. If your success doesnt count for FIFA, what does? Friendlies? I dont know how FIFA rankings work and it's stupid anyway.

How? I'll tell you. Mexico plays with all stupid small island teams all the time and they end up beating them and they're in top 15 all the time whereas Turkey has played against Spain last WC qualifiying group, now we're playing against Germany and we'll play against Holland too. How is this fair? They end up beating Costa Rica, Puerto Rica and shit, move up on FIFA Rankings and we play against Holland, Germany and Spain. Thus, Mexico will have higher ranking than we will, simple because they dont have a strong opposition team in their geography. Thats exactly why FIFA rankings are absurd.

Lets say, Norway went to Euro 2008 and made it to quarter final, and then went to World Cup made a quarter final there, okay they can be in 1st pot but as far as I know, I haven't seen Norway in any major tournament.

WC 02? No Norway.
    Euro 04? No Norway.
    WC 06? No Norway.
    Euro 08? No Norway.
    WC 10? No Norway.

But 1st pot? Yes Norway :)

Does this make sense to you?

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #57
    I smell jealousy.

I wish you luck, try not to get buttfucked, the sorry team you are.

We are in 1st pot :weee:

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Yeah, I have no idea why Norway or Italy are in the first pot. Norway has a tough group though, get ready to lose.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    I honestly doubt it. Switzerland is the one I'd put money on but I want Albania to make it, obviously that won't happen.

I wonder how weird it will be for Switzerland to play against Albania, seeing how half of their fucking players are Albanian to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)