[Europe] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I made stupid statements when i was a new member here about my lack of knowledge in geography. It was almost three years ago and recently was brought up again

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
It's humourous, really. Here we have a guy who was absolutely ecstatic once Grosso got his "penalty" that ultimately shafted Australia.
But Grosso DID dive, so the Italian fans here who blast Henry but praise the "world class" Grosso are nothing but utter hypocrites, too. That's why I made the comment I did about Cannavaro. Grosso is as much of a scumbag as Henry, as far as I'm concerned.
Grosso didnt dive, the player made contact with his foot, and not the ball....a penalty would be awarded in any half fast league in the world, including the MLS

And lets not even talk about the red card that was unjustifiably given to Matrix very early into the game, which gave the Aussies the man advantage for damn near the entire 90 minutes

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The player did make contact with Grosso and not the ball so according to the rules it was a PK but the contact was minimal. Grosso threw himself to the ground and play acted like a 12 year old girl with the hair pulling, it was pathetic really

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Grosso didnt dive, the player made contact with his foot, and not the ball....a penalty would be awarded in any half fast league in the world, including the MLS

And lets not even talk about the red card that was unjustifiably given to Matrix very early into the game, which gave the Aussies the man advantage for damn near the entire 90 minutes
I don't take Azzurri fans seriously on this issue. It's like trusting a scam artist. You folks have been discredited time and time again.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
so is the rule any contact or contact with the discretion of the referee? and if the discretion of the referee is one that is ridiculously skewed is it is still within the rules... in a simple to the point way: no way its a pk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
so is the rule any contact or contact with the discretion of the referee? and if the discretion of the referee is one that is ridiculously skewed is it is still within the rules... in a simple to the point way: no way its a pk
You have a good point but it is not as simple in practice, discretion always leaves room for error and that weather deserved or not would have been given as a PK by many referees.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What do you mean you aren't discussing it? Referees need to be consistent with there decisions. I just re-watched and IMO pk's in general should not be given in such an instance, but according to the rules that is a pk even if Grosso looks like a sissy throughout it.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
I don't take Azzurri fans seriously on this issue. It's like trusting a scam artist. You folks have been discredited time and time again.
I remember both Stefan Effenberg (during the match) and Günther Netzer (after the match) working as experts on German TV saying that in their opinion it was a penalty.

Now I've never seen them run around with a blue kit yelling "Azzurri, Azzurri!".

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)