[Europa League] Sporting CP 1-1 Juventus [20th April, 2023 21:00 CEST] (6 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Joking aside, who else would you play there?

This is not directed at you but in genuinely interested in hearing which formation makes people happy. I’ve heard 352 sucks, 343 to accommodate both Chiesa and Di Maria sucks, 433 sucks too since we have terrible fullbacks.
With the players we have, I think a 3 at the back formation gets the best out of our squad. We have Kostic and Cuads for the wingback spots, but no fullbacks.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Joking aside, who else would you play there?

This is not directed at you but in genuinely interested in hearing which formation makes people happy. I’ve heard 352 sucks, 343 to accommodate both Chiesa and Di Maria sucks, 433 sucks too since we have terrible fullbacks.
I like the Gatti-Bremer-Danilo trio, dunno why Allegri needs to mess with something that's been working.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I think Sandro will be a pseudo Lb where when Kostic pushes forward, Sandro will move more out wide and be a "LB" but when in defense, Sandro will compress inside with the CBs acting as a third CB and Kostic will fall back more as a LWB. So how we've been operating all year.

Danilo does the same on the right when he's the third CB and its Gatti/Bremer as the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the Gatti-Bremer-Danilo trio, dunno why Allegri needs to mess with something that's been working.
Could be Gatti has played a lot of games. Who knows.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think Sandro will be a pseudo Lb where when Kostic pushes forward, Sandro will move more out wide and be a "LB" but when in defense, Sandro will compress inside with the CBs acting as a third CB and Kostic will fall back more as a LWB. So how we've been operating all year.

Danilo does the same on the right when he's the third CB and its Gatti/Bremer as the other two.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be Gatti has played a lot of games. Who knows.
Kostic aint even starting lol

- - - Updated - - -

wait de sciglio is available? There's another guy I'd play over Sandro, especially since its on the left where he plays his best.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I actually agree with you. My guess is that he really wants to start both Chiesa and Di Maria, but not at the expense of exposing our midfielders (which is what happened last week).
here's the real challenge. How is Allegri, or whoever the manager is, gonna fit a fully fit Chiesa in with Di Maria and Kostic next season? I've spent way too much time thinking about that and still don't really have an answer.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
here's the real challenge. How is Allegri, or whoever the manager is, gonna fit a fully fit Chiesa in with Di Maria and Kostic next season? I've spent way too much time thinking about that and still don't really have an answer.
Depends on if Kostic can evolve into a good fullback, like Cuadrado did. If he can then it's a clear 433. If not, then we won't see the three together all that often imo.

Oct 23, 2011
Chiesa and Kostic occupy the same space and Kostic is at his best when he has the whole flank to himself.

So I really don’t see that happening either, unless we spend all summer trying to convert Kostic to a fullback, which would be very unlike Juventus. So it’s more likely that Kostic will be a back-up for Chiesa in a 433?

but yeah, this is a classic example of how we mismanaged our long-term squad planning. I love Kostic, but even in a 433 I’d prefer a winger with different characteristics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)