[Europa League] Sporting CP 1-1 Juventus [20th April, 2023 21:00 CEST] (3 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Underwhelming performance but i’ll sure gladly take the qualification, the attitude and desire was there which can probably be taken as the main positive out of this, overall it could have likely been even more tricky given the tense last few day(s) we had, however the team fortunately remained focused and managed to hold on to the narrow advantage.

Nonetheless we clearly need to do better with our general play and especially so the way in which we handle the ball under pressure because against Sevilla is going to be a totally different ball game altogether.

All in all now that we booked our spot for the semifinals can say there’s a real chance we might somehow even go all the way and win it, truly everything is possible from here on, especially given the quality of the teams remaining in the competition.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
the attitude and desire was there which can probably be taken as the main positive out of this, overall it could have likely been even more tricky given the tense last few day(s) we had, however the team fortunately remained focused and managed to hold on to the narrow advantage.

All in all now that we booked our spot for the semifinals can say there’s a real chance we might somehow even go all the way and win it, truly everything is possible from here on, especially given the quality of the teams remaining in the competition.
lol

literally the only difference between this game and our previous eliminations from the euro cups by Ajax, Benfica, Porto and so on was that Sporting wasted their chances instead of winning this game 3-1.
And the last 20minutes were so embarrassing i am not even able to celebrate this qualification.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
lol

literally the only difference between this game and our previous eliminations from the euro cups by Ajax, Benfica, Porto and so on was that Sporting wasted their chances instead of winning this game 3-1.
And the last 20minutes were so embarrassing i am not even able to celebrate this qualification.
Nobody denying it, although i would say we showed more desire this time around and that is what perhaps pulled us through, but as i said in a post since around the first tie, we also need our fair shair of luck to go far in this type of competitions, even more so ourselves given the colorless way we play week in and week out lol

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
It’s supposed to be a good day but it feels a bit doom and gloom in here. The points are back for now and we won a tight European game.
With the fitness levels of the players we have and the confidence of the forward players, the best we can do is play in short bursts and avoid stretching the game. Second half we conceded little until we decided to go stupidly deep and make subs that made us worse. Kostic and sloth were terrified of Edwards and we didn’t work hard enough to prevent crosses.
Pleased with the team spirit and a narrow European victory. Hope Bremer’s injury doesn’t keep him out long.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We looked in control for the majority of the game. Far from a good performance but we at least showed heart and concentration.

Our attacking output is really a cause for concern. That’s now 6 goals in the last 7 games. None of our attacking players seem to be on anything that resembles form. We have to improve urgently in the final third
Our goal scoring has been disastrous lately. Which is strange seeing as we had our best scoring period of the season immediately prior to this. From February 7 to March 16 we scored 20 in 10 games all competitions, 2 goals/game which is what I expect from a competent attack. We had two games scoring 4, and two games scoring 3.

Since then, 6 goals in 7 and we haven’t scored more than 1 goal in any of them. It’s pathetic.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Happy with the result but the performance was poor especially from our attackers.. need to be more positive against Seville or they will punish is.

Sporting let us off the hook tonight.
Sporting with paulinho is a different team and thankfully he wasn't around.

Sevilla have a big and strong nesyri. A different challenge, beating union is a big confidence booster. With that said, we can't put our efforts down either, we got this far. It's time to #believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)