[Europa League] Sporting CP 1-1 Juventus [20th April, 2023 21:00 CEST] (5 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Even Milik has stopped scoring too
Our strikers are a mess.

Vlahovic wasn’t having a brilliant season by any stretch but he had 10 goals - 3 assists after the February 16th match against Nantes. 1585 minutes played up til then. A goal or assist 122 minutes.

He’s had 1 goal - 1 assist in 14 matches since then. 964 minutes. A goal or assist every 482 minutes.

How the heck does he fall off that hard?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Can I just say I really don't get why Max took Dusan and Miretti off more so the former, as he had two chances. Surely you just persist and see if he can break through no? Dangerous is a stretch but at least he was chasing some problems. Miretti's runs were also doing the same.

We now get the Real Madrid of the Europa league
Vlahovic was bad as usual, let's admit that. To his defense, he was struggling with that ankle knock so introducing fresh Milik when the time was running out and Sporting had to take more risks was totally rational in my view. As for Miretti, he was meh at best. Got out muscled easily several times and offered little in attack. Pogba has an immense experience so considering he got 15 minutes in him was also a reasonable decision.
lol

literally the only difference between this game and our previous eliminations from the euro cups by Ajax, Benfica, Porto and so on was that Sporting wasted their chances instead of winning this game 3-1.
And the last 20minutes were so embarrassing i am not even able to celebrate this qualification.
What chances? All they got was some hopeful crosses into our box from unprepared positions that were easily cleared by our backline. That black English guy had some successful dribbles across the pitch that resulted in nothing and that was basically it. Oh, that one chance by Coates which he blew over the bar but I'm not sure if the ball didn't leave the pitch before the cross.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Our strikers are a mess.

Vlahovic wasn’t having a brilliant season by any stretch but he had 10 goals - 3 assists after the February 16th match against Nantes. 1585 minutes played up til then. A goal or assist 122 minutes.

He’s had 1 goal - 1 assist in 14 matches since then. 964 minutes. A goal or assist every 482 minutes.

Fuck, I have been skipping most games but that's Amauriesque.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Our strikers are a mess.

He dropped Kostic as his go to dealer. I mean supplier. You know what I mean :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dušan in these 14 matches is way worse than Amauri ever was. I'm not talking only about goals and assists. Amauri was just as bad in these segments. But in all the other aspects, Amauri was better than this Vlahović. I checked stats and even in his worst season here Amauri was winning twice as many aerial duels, he was fouled twice more and dispossessed much less. Without the goals Dušan is completely useless, even harmful :(

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
@swag how you feeling after last night? I saw Juventus play Celtic in Glasgow and it was a really confusing experience lol.
Weird. Now Sporting is my second club. But there's nothing like a head-to-head elimination to surface where your loyalties are, and it was 100% Juve all the way.

In terms of how they played? I got a stronger sense that Rabiot isn't an anomaly ... he really is playing that well this season and in all the things you don't see on TV.

I also got my first real experience of Jihadiball up front, not having seen a live Juve match with Allegri as coach since his first term.

The team is an evolving collection of semi-misfits. The young players are developing and are also necessary, which I like to see. Despite the mistakes and necessary learnings. This is one of the better evolutions in the team since Allegri's first term.

But when we go through Juve's top players otherwise? Chiesa has talent, gets hacked too much, protests too much but gets back on his feet quickly, but also can get neutralized easy unless someone has a brain fart. Di Maria, as world class as he can be, also seems to fall similarly... especially at his age. Dusan is in a deep, deep pit: his opponents are unafraid of him, and he plays without confidence or much impact right now. Injuries have made Pogba a shadow of his former self and are slowing down Chiesa. Our defense is largely a patchwork.

I feel like this club is a motley bunch in transition. Allegri doesn't have a lot of gameplans and useful formations as he used to have with a more talented team in the past, so jihadiball becomes our one tool for more matches. This is a club just trying to make it through to grow and fight another day.

Any accolades this season are not deserved, but would be icing on what is a rebuilding year.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I also got my first real experience of Jihadiball up front, not having seen a live Juve match with Allegri as coach since his first term.

Allegri doesn't have a lot of gameplans and useful formations as he used to have with a more talented team in the past, so jihadiball becomes our one tool for more matches.
Thank you kind sir for your triple J fanclub plug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)