[Europa League] Shamrock Rovers 0-2 JUVENTUS (July 29th, 2010) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Just see what Shamrock Rovers FC chairman Jonathan Roche said to imagine the motivation for their players on the ground:

Five years ago this club was almost dead and buried, we were demoted to the First Division and the club was very low. But here we are, playing Juventus in front of 6,000 fans in our home stadium in what might be the biggest game in the club's history. We have had big matches in Europe before, but Juventus at home in the Europa League is something else. We hosted Real Madrid CF in a friendly last year but by next week, Rovers will have played Real and Juventus, two of the biggest clubs in the world. It's amazing stuff. This means so much, given where we have come from. We have great support with this club; we had 120 fans in Tel Aviv and we will sell out the 6,000 tickets for the home game with Juve. It's a huge tribute to Michael O'Neill and his players.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
What their striker Tommy Stewart said:

It's the best feeling I've had in my career; it is such a good feeling to be in the next round at all, but to play Juve in Dublin is the stuff you dream about as a kid. It's very exciting to think about playing against the likes of Del Piero, but these are the games you want to play in, and we will give it all we have against Juve.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
It seems our loss (7th with no CL and EL qualification) is another teams gain. Juve are pumping lots of money it seems into this minnow club.

I also wish they (the Rovers players) commented on getting a dream chance to play against the superstars like Giovinco...maybe he'd get a game?

davySRFC

Jul 25, 2010
people on here seem fairly overconfident to say the least over juve beating us. We've taken on a fairly strong real madrid team (i know it was only a friendly but ffs they had an unbelieveable squad in Ireland) and held them for 84 mins with a full strength squad. I believe your in for a match, a fairly fucking tough match and i can see it being close. COME ON ROVERS!!

KOH

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
No offense mate but we should be confident.

Heck I'm confident going into every game be it Inter Milan or Shamrock Rovers.

Juventus has a reputation of winning, I see no reason for that to change. You may be right it will be close in Ireland but in Modena it will be a slaughter.

If anything it seems you are overly confident and somewhat underrating Juventus ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think most fans are respectful to Shamrock and realise that on a bad day we could get in trouble, but really we should be confident because there is a massive technical gap between the teams. It isn't disrespectful to say that. It's no good championing each other either way, because if we win on aggregate by 5 goals you look silly for saying it will be close, if we say we are going to smash you and it is a draw or narrow loss then we look silly. I'm confident, but the fact it is virtually preseason is the biggest obstacle.

davySRFC

Jul 25, 2010
No offense mate but we should be confident.

Heck I'm confident going into every game be it Inter Milan or Shamrock Rovers.

Juventus has a reputation of winning, I see no reason for that to change. You may be right it will be close in Ireland but in Modena it will be a slaughter.

If anything it seems you are overly confident and somewhat underrating Juventus ;)
I'm not saying don't be confident. I'm saying that you seem to thionk you will simply roll over us and we'll stand there and take it. Shamrock Rovers is a team with a lot of heart and we are a threat to anyone on our day.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I'm not saying don't be confident. I'm saying that you seem to thionk you will simply roll over us and we'll stand there and take it. Shamrock Rovers is a team with a lot of heart and we are a threat to anyone on our day.
With the players we have, we should be rolling over Shamrock Rovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)